Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 am
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:07 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 pm
It better be. They have their work cut out for them next year. And the one after that.
Next year has more potential than this year. What will blow everything away, for me, is if there’s an official release date revealed for Fantastic 4 in 2023. As much as I love The Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Eternals, it’s the Fantastic Four that keeps the wheels turning for me. It’s only a matter of time.
I'm in the same boat as you! This year has been my favorite year yet as a ML MCU collector! My entrie collection of figures that debuted during the Infinity Saga is on two 4 foot shelves (and fills them from corner to corner). I've started a new 4 ft shelf for phase 4 and beyond/new Saga figures and they've already almost filled it in just this year alone!

But for all the amazing figures we've gotten this year and all the ones I'm sure will come next year, it'll be the Fantastic Four that really gets me going! I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed the first 2 live action movies. I even enjoyed the final act of the remake. I'm on pins and needles as to who the MCU will cast but the Fantastic Four has always been my OG reason for my Marvel Fandom and to see them in the MCU and then eventually on my shelf is just unthinkable! The X-Men hold a close 2nd as well.
It’s funny you say that. I use Detolf shelves for my collection. I decided to use the inside of the shelves for the films, and the top of the shelves for the Disney Plus shows (plus the role play legends too big to fit at the bottom).

There are moments I enjoy about each live action Fantastic Four films, but they all leave something to be desired.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:23 am
I agree about it being a matter of time. My guess is 7/28/2023 for FF.

My wheels are more about stuff like Daredevil, so Hawkeye gets me excited and Echo is a huge one for me. Hoping for Matt to come back soon.
That’s the date I’m hoping for. We will know by next summer if they’re putting the Fantastic Four on that date. We have our director, once we start seeing casting, that’s when the countdown is on.

I can’t wait for anything Marvel Studios Daredevil related. I’m trying so hard to take the rumors as just rumors, but what Marvel display or universe is complete without Daredevil?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

My wheels are more about stuff like Daredevil, so Hawkeye gets me excited and Echo is a huge one for me. Hoping for Matt to come back soon.
That’s the date I’m hoping for. We will know by next summer if they’re putting the Fantastic Four on that date. We have our director, once we start seeing casting, that’s when the countdown is on.

I can’t wait for anything Marvel Studios Daredevil related. I’m trying so hard to take the rumors as just rumors, but what Marvel display or universe is complete without Daredevil?
Yeah, same here. There's a lot of smoke there though...

But yeah, I had gotten the Select Daredevil and shortened him, so I still have him and Elektra from the show but had gotten rid of everyone else thinking the studio would recast Jessica, Luke, and Danny eventually. So right now it's just Matt, Elektra, and Shang-Chi heh. Anxious to add as many street level characters there as they'll give me though.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:23 am

Got the Hydra Stomper from Dorkside! Awesome figure! I have no problems posing the armor and keeping it standing in a variety of stances. Love the massive armored bulk. What a great year for big armored characters with Hydra Stomper, Iron Monger, and Marvel Select Titanium Man!

Excellent sculpt with a lot of nice armor serials. I like the rocket backpack. My kids were psyched to hang Captain Carter on the back, but I wish her grip was more secure.

Articulation is pretty good. I do wish the hips had a bit better clearance. The ankle rockers help a lot to get him into cooler poses. Hasbro has really nailed the setup for shoulder pauldrons. Shoulder range of motion is excellent.

Overall, Hydra Stomper is more impressive in person than I was even expecting. Very cool deluxe figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:18 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

But yeah, I had gotten the Select Daredevil and shortened him, so I still have him and Elektra from the show but had gotten rid of everyone else thinking the studio would recast Jessica, Luke, and Danny eventually. So right now it's just Matt, Elektra, and Shang-Chi heh. Anxious to add as many street level characters there as they'll give me though.
Actually rumors suggest Jessica is likely to stay

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:

I probably wasn't clear, but the studio recasting everyone was my assumption. My hope is they'll bring everyone over (yeah, even Danny... he was starting to grow on me a bit toward the end, but I'll gladly take him if it means we keep Colleen), but when the Netflix shows ends I assumed Marvel would wait until the characters transferred and just reboot all of it themselves.

I'm aware of the rumors now though, and hesitantly hopeful. And I know some people make a thing about how Marvel shouldn't keep the same actors because then people who didn't see the Netflix shows will be lost but... first off, let's stop being at all concerned for people who may not have seen previous stuff. So many people are all aboard with the Marvel train that we can just stop bringing that up. And secondly, so many sequels operate under the assumption the audience hasn't seen the previous installment(s), or even forgot what happened. It's so easy to work in catch-ups, so again...I wouldn't worry about that. I've read so many Daredevil comics yet have NEVER read his origin. Not even in a reprint.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:43 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:44 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

I probably wasn't clear, but the studio recasting everyone was my assumption. My hope is they'll bring everyone over (yeah, even Danny... he was starting to grow on me a bit toward the end, but I'll gladly take him if it means we keep Colleen), but when the Netflix shows ends I assumed Marvel would wait until the characters transferred and just reboot all of it themselves.

I'm aware of the rumors now though, and hesitantly hopeful. And I know some people make a thing about how Marvel shouldn't keep the same actors because then people who didn't see the Netflix shows will be lost but... first off, let's stop being at all concerned for people who may not have seen previous stuff. So many people are all aboard with the Marvel train that we can just stop bringing that up. And secondly, so many sequels operate under the assumption the audience hasn't seen the previous installment(s), or even forgot what happened. It's so easy to work in catch-ups, so again...I wouldn't worry about that. I've read so many Daredevil comics yet have NEVER read his origin. Not even in a reprint.
You hit all of the right notes. I believe this is how Marvel Studios will handle some of these characters and actors. Take what worked and make it your own. I’ve heard Kevin Feige and team really like Charlie Cox, Kristen Ritter, Jon Bernthal, and Vincent D’Onofrio specifically. Upcoming Disney Plus shows (Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight) could tell a give us an idea of where they’re going with characters like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, and Kingpin. Above all else…more MCU Marvel Legends added to my collection.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Enforcer wrote:It would be nice if they made a mk 1 Iron Man with the same quality and larger scale. Not a necessity, but Hydra Stomper definitely showed what we could expect.
Yes, totally agree. The deluxe Hydra Stomper and Iron Monger show that Hasbro could make an excellent Mark 1 Iron Man now. Also the MCU Hulkbuster Mark 2. And on the comic side, Hasbro could make a great comic Hulkbuster Armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:53 pm

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

Bad news...
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm
Ugh
wrote: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (Disney) previously dated on 3/25/22 moves to 5/6/22

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (Disney) previously dated on 5/6/22 moves to 7/8/22

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (Disney) previously dated on 7/8/22 moves to 11/11/22

THE MARVELS (Disney) previously dated on 11/11/22 moves to 2/17/23

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA (Disney) previously dated on 2/17/23 moves to 7/28/23

UNTITLED MARVEL (Disney) previously dated on 7/28/23 is removed from schedule
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:53 pm
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

Bad news...
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm
Ugh
wrote: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (Disney) previously dated on 3/25/22 moves to 5/6/22

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (Disney) previously dated on 5/6/22 moves to 7/8/22

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER (Disney) previously dated on 7/8/22 moves to 11/11/22

THE MARVELS (Disney) previously dated on 11/11/22 moves to 2/17/23

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA (Disney) previously dated on 2/17/23 moves to 7/28/23

UNTITLED MARVEL (Disney) previously dated on 7/28/23 is removed from schedule
I just read the press release from Marvel Entertainment and Deadline. This is great for the creative teams. I don’t mind waiting a few more months for each film. I do wonder how this will effect the Marvel Legends. We might end up with a Shang-Chi situation where we get the figures 5 months before the films release, or an Eternals situation where they’re released a month before the film’s release date. Either way, it’s no big deal.

I was once told by a member here it isn’t right to ask people to be patient (overwhelming entitlement), but I’m a patient man. Marvel Studios and Hasbro have been great to me. This is the least I can do.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Yeah, any patience I hadn't learned before last year have definitely been mastered by now.

At least we aren't getting another Black Widow situation where we have the figures a year and a half before the movie is out.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:09 pm

When they change the release dates this far in advance it really doesn’t impact me much - a movie that is five months away feels just as distant as one that is seven. And I assume they’re moving them to give the filmmakers time to do them right, so I’m always happy for that.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:12 pm

H-bird wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:09 pm
When they change the release dates this far in advance it really doesn’t impact me much - a movie that is five months away feels just as distant as one that is seven. And I assume they’re moving them to give the filmmakers time to do them right, so I’m always happy for that.
Yeah, sounds like that is the case. MOM is apparently doing reshoots now.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:29 pm

I dont think figures for MoM or the other films will come Super early like Shang-Chi ones did. MoM was still 5 months out. I think likely that means figures could be delayed and same for the others. Shang-Chi had multi month delay like 2-3 months out if I remember correctly. So I don't see the situations as equal
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi. Need help on this wave. Kids want the figures from this wave but I can only see 3 2 readily available online now and the Hydra Stomper.
Dorkside lists these after arriving the holidays.
Is there anywhere else to get these as a set online and guarantee it arriving before the holidays?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”