Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mister.e.meat78
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 am

iskopower wrote:I ordered also from Dorkside on day 1 but no shipping notice yet. In fact, my ETA is still February 2022. :(
Preeetty sure I ordered day 1 as well but I did also order the HydraStomper and Tigra in the same order, so maybe that's holding things up for me? Although, I'm usually pretty good for clicking the ship my items as they become available button too, and there's no way to go back and look so....

Also, I'm sure they're busy busy busy and will get to everyone's order in due time. They did ship out the non mint retro Mando wave today, and my TVC Maul/Ahsoka pair shipped today as well. Never can tell what tomorrow may bring!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:47 am

mister.e.meat78 wrote:
iskopower wrote:I ordered also from Dorkside on day 1 but no shipping notice yet. In fact, my ETA is still February 2022. :(
Preeetty sure I ordered day 1 as well but I did also order the HydraStomper and Tigra in the same order, so maybe that's holding things up for me? Although, I'm usually pretty good for clicking the ship my items as they become available button too, and there's no way to go back and look so....

Also, I'm sure they're busy busy busy and will get to everyone's order in due time. They did ship out the non mint retro Mando wave today, and my TVC Maul/Ahsoka pair shipped today as well. Never can tell what tomorrow may bring!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Haha, I think im in the same boat there too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:52 am

To those who have her, Carter’s left grip has a separation between the middle and ring finger, not a trigger grip. Any ideas why? Seems pretty specific. I’m also kinda surprised she didn’t come with alternate hands.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:25 am

NORM wrote:
To those who have her, Carter’s left grip has a separation between the middle and ring finger, not a trigger grip. Any ideas why? Seems pretty specific. I’m also kinda surprised she didn’t come with alternate hands.
Seems like a good gripping hand for the Tesseract, no? I'll have to pull one out and see how it works. I feel like the corner of the cube will fit nicely between the finger gap and hold it snugly.
NORM

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 am

BILLIUM wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:25 am
NORM wrote:
Seems like a good gripping hand for the Tesseract, no? I'll have to pull one out and see how it works. I feel like the corner of the cube will fit nicely between the finger gap and hold it snugly.
Hm. That could be, but I can’t remember her holding the Tesseract in the episode. Also, that grip would have to be pretty wide, which would be too wide for what I imagine the rung grips on the Stomper would be. As is, the hand is open to a width somewhere in between what would accommodate either the Stomper grips and the Tesseract. Either way, I can’t wait to get the Stomper so I can find out!
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm

I got my order from Dorkside this morning, I used 3 day shipping and I got it in 2. Its a wave that had enough figures I liked that I got a set and built The Watcher. Taking them out, my feeling is the same, I like all the figures, but none really stand out as really fun. It probably would have been the Captain Carter if it wasn't such a chore to get her standing up straight with her ankles.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 am
I can’t remember her holding the Tesseract in the episode.
Not sure if she's ever depicted holding it, but
Spoiler! :
I do remember her delivering the Tesseract by throwing it onto the commanding officer's desk. I imagine she held it to get it to him.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:20 pm

If only it was her other hand and she came with a sword.
NORM

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:15 am

Carter's ankles are a little tough to move, but I got them to move. Hinges, pivots, and rotation from above. I didn't realize she has double elbows too. And that everything is pinless. She's a really crisp, clean figure.

Also, the Tesseract we got from ML is too big to fit in her hand. Maybe the finger gap has something to do with the Stomper.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:07 am

NORM wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:15 am
Carter's ankles are a little tough to move, but I got them to move. Hinges, pivots, and rotation from above. I didn't realize she has double elbows too. And that everything is pinless. She's a really crisp, clean figure.

Also, the Tesseract we got from ML is too big to fit in her hand. Maybe the finger gap has something to do with the Stomper.
Yeah, guess we'll have to get some Hydra Stompers and see what the deal is. I wasn't going to get one to open, but the show and Captain Carter figures have convinced me otherwise.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 pm

Opened up my set from Dorkside today. As anticipated, zombie cap is hands down the best of the wave. Great detailing on him. For the first time ever with a ML BAF, I had to use the hair dryer to assemble the Watcher. His arms just won’t go into his torso sockets without them. No reason for them to be that tight. They could have used some of that tightness for the sentinels’ knees.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:27 am

The 3 I ordered on Amazon still say Feb. I am wondering when those will actually be filled
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:26 am

So the more reviews I watch on these the less I get excited for over half the wave including the Watcher. Zombie Cap, Sylvie, Carter, and Hydra Stomper are the only ones I get excited about. Man I want to like Starlord and Nebula more but I’ve seen third party custom heads that look far superior. I think I want a more MCU look than these animated ones. I really like those characters though.

So I’m cancelling my preorders on Spidey a weird and cheap looking figure. Didn’t like the Strange episode so that figure goes. And I’ll let Cha-cha and Nebula go too. I’ll find the third party stuff and repaint some extra Starlord and Nebula figures I have.

This wave is far inferior to AoA wave 2 and other things like Transformers which I’ll spend money on. Not these.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:34 am

Prophet924 wrote:So the more reviews I watch on these the less I get excited for over half the wave including the Watcher. Zombie Cap, Sylvie, Carter, and Hydra Stomper are the only ones I get excited about. Man I want to like Starlord and Nebula more but I’ve seen third party custom heads that look far superior. I think I want a more MCU look than these animated ones. I really like those characters though.

So I’m cancelling my preorders on Spidey a weird and cheap looking figure. Didn’t like the Strange episode so that figure goes. And I’ll let Cha-cha and Nebula go too. I’ll find the third party stuff and repaint some extra Starlord and Nebula figures I have.

This wave is far inferior to AoA wave 2 and other things like Transformers which I’ll spend money on. Not these.

Thwipp!

Yeah, this is easily the weakest wave of 2021 for me. Got it from Dorkside yesterday. Sylvie, Zombie Cap, and Captain Carter are the only winners. I’m actually most excited for the Hydra Stomper, though.

The Watcher is the hardest BAF I can remember putting together. Had to actually use boiling water to get the arms on. And the skirt makes it almost impossible to connect the legs to the torso. Even Demogoblin (which needed brute force on all of his appendages) was easier in my experience.

A lot of my lukewarmness to the wave probably has to do with the show itself, which I’ve found to be underwhelming for most episodes. It’s like like having my least favorite MCU movie (“Thor: The Dark World”) premiere every week.

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 am

I would agree this is weakest MCU product so far. I did really like the Doctor Strange and murder mystery ones, but outside those, we had 2 decent episodes and 2 I didn't like much at all. I doubt I will watch this show after it is over again honestly. So I can see this being a weak wave to most. I am not crazy about it either. If not for the Watcher, I may have skipped most of it. But even there, I am waiting to see if most of these drop in price before getting them. Only pre-ordered the 3 in the wave I really wanted

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”