Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Neal
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm

I also got my shipping notification from DorkSide. I was expecting the AOA wave shortly, but not this.
Corporate Al
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
Location: Sunny Los Angeles, California! Movie stars, yo. (sigh... the Valley)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Does the Endgame Quantum Suit Nebula head work on the What If Body? Not super interested in this wave, but curious how that kitbash looks.
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:35 pm

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:I also wasn't sure about the name "Doctor Strange Supreme" on that figure. Was the word "Supreme" used somewhere in the show other than referring to Strange as the Sorcerer Supreme, which he's been in the MCU since the first film? Some alternate name indicating his thirst for power and redemption or perhaps his turn to evil seems more appropriate.
I think it just implies he's "supreme" not sorcerer supreme, for being a magical absorbing vampire essentially.

Basically he's supreme in that he's filled to the brim with magic

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
He's not truly Supreme until you add the bacon bits and sour cream.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:16 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 pm
blobfrombeyond wrote:I’m actually surprised DST hasn’t already started shipping this wave out.
They’re usually the earliest stateside.
Maybe next week.
Speaking of DS, they’ve been pretty quiet on here. Don’t think I’ve seen a post in months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re right - it’s been a while since DS has commented.
Has anyone done a wellness check on Dorkside?
mister.e.meat78
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm

blobfrombeyond wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 pm
blobfrombeyond wrote:I’m actually surprised DST hasn’t already started shipping this wave out.
They’re usually the earliest stateside.
Maybe next week.
Speaking of DS, they’ve been pretty quiet on here. Don’t think I’ve seen a post in months.

You’re right - it’s been a while since DS has commented.
Has anyone done a wellness check on Dorkside?
Dorkside is doing something. I ordered a Not Mint set of the retro mandalorian wave this morning and I got a shipping email roughly an hour after I placed the order. So they are alive. As far as the rest of the Legends I have on preorder, no movement on them as of yet. And I am quite excite about this What If... wave!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Just received and opened the What If wave from Dorkside (thanks as always), and to me, it’s a mixed bag.

I think it has to do with my weaker interest in the actual source material. The show has been fun, but it mostly feels inconsequential. So the figures I happen to like, are based on episodes I preferred also. The figures I don’t care for are also from episodes I didn’t care for.

Dr Strange is my least fav. Pretty sure the body is just reused from previous releases of the MCU figure, but he has maybe a new torso, def a new barbell neck. I don’t love the wacky colors. Head sculpt is great tho.

Nebula and “Cha-Cha” are decent. Again, I think Nebula is a lot of reuse of the MCU figure, with a new torso/barbell neck. The blonde coif is well represented. T’Challa is an all new sculpt, but he’s pretty lithe. Not as crazy as ItSV Peter B or Miles. He actually seems like he would fit well with those figures though.

Spidey is another reused body. The animated head is meh. Doesn’t looks a lot like the source, nor Holland Peter. I like the webshooters, but they are fixed and won’t rotate with his Thwipp hands. Fists it is. But he looks like he has Popeye forearms.

Zombie Cap is excellent. Just a really fun sculpt. Gory, but not overboard. Thr open wounds are so cool. Articulation is great, with barbell torso and neck.

Carter is my fav. She’s just stunning. Excellent proportions and portrait. Can’t wait to get the Stomper for her to pair with.

Watcher is like a Muppet. His skin is SO orange. It was a little tricky to assemble. Specifically, getting the upper torso onto the peg of the lower torso, as the dress gets in the way. He’s plenty tall, but thin, so there isn’t much to him.

I like Sylvie a lot. The likeness is quite good. The outfit lacks texture though. She feels like the most necessary purchase from the wave for me since she’s MCU canon. She looks great with Loki, and I can’t wait for Mobius to join them.

All in all, not a bad wave, just feels non-essential. I wound up canceling 5 figures from the wave at Pulse. Don’t mind getting extras of Carter and Sylvie.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Great breakdown and reaction, thank you.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am

Wow, fast shipping to you, Norm! Hope I get my wave soon! No shipping notice for me yet.

I like the looks of the wave overall, but I might have switched a few characters around some, in hindsight. Because there are some characters I would love to get in figure form that aren’t in the wave. Like:
Spoiler! :
Collector in armor with weapons
Hank Pym Yellowjacket
Killmonger Drone
And I am betting that there will be more that I want coming in future episodes! Based on posters and the title screen:
Spoiler! :
Ultron-Vision from the title screen
Gamora in Thanos armor

BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:51 am

Got my wave today too, thanks to Dorkside!

Zombie Cap is a real highlight! His sculpt and paint are insanely well done!

Strange is kinda boring. Minimal new parts. He's good for what he is, but I didn't care for that episode much, either.

Spidey is even more boring to me, and that was my favorite episode! It's significant as the first pinless Spider-Man arms, but not much else. I can think of several characters I'd have rather gotten instead from the zombie episode.

Nebula looks great for mostly reuse. The colors are bright and really pop in the best ways possible.

Space-Panther is cool, but doesn't do much for me. He has a great sculpt and paints, though!

Captain Carter is one of my favorites! Beautiful sculpt, great paints and color tones. My only complaint is the neck; it's inserted as a separate post into to the torso and mine easily popped out from just bending the head forward a little, so I'm gonna have to really glue that in. I do need a Hydra Stomper thanks to her, though; I can't wait to have her climbing his ladder rungs! What a cool little feature that is!

Watcher... kinda sucks. He's not fun to put together, and I cannot get mine to stand in any pose, even the most vanilla, static poses. I gave up on him. He's really not worth getting, I'm sorry to say, unless you balance him up in the back of the collection against a wall or someone(s). He kind of reminds me of the ToyBiz Onslaught figure in terms of how bad it is trying to get him to just stand.

Sylvie is great! She's my other favorite. I love her sculpt. The likeness is excellent, even if she looks a little bored; she needed a smile or something. The cape is useless in anything other than static poses, but that's cool. She barely used it and I'd rather get it than not. I really can't wait to see how the legs get reused (something like Ultimate Black Widow would be perfect!). Her articulation is stellar, too; I love that they actually gave her boot swivels. All in all, a great, fun figure to have.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:55 am

I ordered also from Dorkside on day 1 but no shipping notice yet. In fact, my ETA is still February 2022. :(
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:03 am

Oh man, I pre-ordered with Pulse on this one but if DS has it in stock early and isn't completely wiped out, I'd much rather give them my business. I'm dyin' for this wave in particular.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:15 am

NORM wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:19 pm
Nebula and “Cha-Cha” are decent.
When I read this, I immediately thought, “Did I somehow miss an Umbrella Academy cameo/Easter egg in a What if episode?”
Off topic: A suited 1:12 Mary J Blige figure would be pretty great. On its own, and as custom fodder.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:18 am

Think I may just get Sylvie and Capt. Carter then. I’ve grown on some of the designs, but I kind of expect a Watcher rerelease at some point.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 am

Maybe a movie style one. I wonder if they may repurpose the body with a movie style head eventually, like the GOTG2 ones.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”