Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
maczero
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Regarding the customizing potential for the Hydra Stomper, I'm likely to get rid of the decals on his chest and make him my version of an MCU Titanium Man. I'm also hoping Hasbro will reuse some of these parts and give us an Igor armor.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:15 pm

On one hand I'm thankful these don't come out until February so I can get off my wallet's neck for a second. But it's also a little concerning for the next bunch of D+ shows. Does this mean Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and any other D+ show at the beginning of next year won't have any figure representation during their runs?

However, there 3 positive ways this could pan out. 1 being that they are done like Silvie. Revealed during the show and then announced for preorder later. 2 being they're done like Mobious and are store exclusives. But that would be a lot of exclusives. Or 3 that's the end of shared waves and they'll get their own.

I guess they can throw Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye in with a third show for the 3rd wave but that seems like a really long time to wait. At least for the title characters.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:07 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
On one hand I'm thankful these don't come out until February so I can get off my wallet's neck for a second. But it's also a little concerning for the next bunch of D+ shows. Does this mean Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and any other D+ show at the beginning of next year won't have any figure representation during their runs?

However, there 3 positive ways this could pan out. 1 being that they are done like Silvie. Revealed during the show and then announced for preorder later. 2 being they're done like Mobious and are store exclusives. But that would be a lot of exclusives. Or 3 that's the end of shared waves and they'll get their own.

I guess they can throw Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye in with a third show for the 3rd wave but that seems like a really long time to wait. At least for the title characters.
How many shows are we getting between now and next Spring? What If is covered. Hawkeye figures make sense for the 3rd wave. Ms. Marvel probably won't air until around then being that it's probably a little more effects heavy. I think you might just be waiting a few months after Hawkeye before you get any figures.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Enforcer wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:

How many shows are we getting between now and next Spring? What If is covered. Hawkeye figures make sense for the 3rd wave. Ms. Marvel probably won't air until around then being that it's probably a little more effects heavy. I think you might just be waiting a few months after Hawkeye before you get any figures.
We MIGHT get a third show, which I think is She-Hulk, by the time this wave starts shelves. But Hawkeye is definitely going to be like FatWS, where there’s a lot of characters we’ll want figures. Plus that doesn’t cover that people already feel a full wave’s worth of backlog with Agatha Harkness, Sharon Carter, He Who Remains, Renslayer, Old Loki and Kid Loki at a minimum. Add Battlestar, Karli, any additional Loki variants (Candidate, Boastful), Hunter B-15, it spirals quickly.

Plus, I wonder how Hasbro will tackle all this. The backlog and future Marvel slate will really test if they still fear the viability of female action figures. Not that I think Hasbro is avoiding them, but we’re getting to a point where we almost need solid waves of them. Not to mention the twofer of female villains, more exaggerated by their lack of costumes for Sharon Carter and Karli.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:36 pm

september_death wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 pm
Enforcer wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:

We MIGHT get a third show, which I think is She-Hulk, by the time this wave starts shelves. But Hawkeye is definitely going to be like FatWS, where there’s a lot of characters we’ll want figures. Plus that doesn’t cover that people already feel a full wave’s worth of backlog with Agatha Harkness, Sharon Carter, He Who Remains, Renslayer, Old Loki and Kid Loki at a minimum. Add Battlestar, Karli, any additional Loki variants (Candidate, Boastful), Hunter B-15, it spirals quickly.

Plus, I wonder how Hasbro will tackle all this. The backlog and future Marvel slate will really test if they still fear the viability of female action figures. Not that I think Hasbro is avoiding them, but we’re getting to a point where we almost need solid waves of them. Not to mention the twofer of female villains, more exaggerated by their lack of costumes for Sharon Carter and Karli.
Unless there are other shows in the hopper (which could be, I was reading that Marvel has like 19 shows planned at various stages for D+) I think the biggest lag between shows could be for She-Hulk, which would be very CGI involved. It would also be a likely candidate for an inaccurate figure as the CG develops.

The synergy between the movies and shows (which we are only just starting to get a sense of) will probably mean that characters who are seemingly ignored for figure treatment in a show will be revisited once they get a movie appearance.

Going by historical and anecdotal reference - you probably won't get Agatha until her next appearance. That won't be too long as Marvel seems to understand how popular she was with fans. Maybe even by Strange 2. There IS a demand clearly, and getting Sylvie is a really hopeful sign for Agatha. I'm just using a relatable character scale. It took a while before we got Ronin, but he finally came.

Depending on what their roles are in Season 2 of Loki - you MIGHT get Renslayer... I don't see them making the Hunters (they never made SHIELD agents in tac gear for example), or any of the Flag Smashers (boring and generic civilians). Sharon will probably get a figure when she becomes a central character in say Secret Invasion, for example. Because of the costumes, you might see some sort of box set for the Loki variants - but Kid Loki will be popping up again so I'd bet that's when you'll get a figure of him.

That said - we are just entering the figure cycles where the popularity of these shows are actually taken into account. They've done nearly every single supporting character from The Mandalorian so perhaps a lot of these characters I never thought we'd get are still on the horizon. It'll be almost 2 years before we get some Mando characters after their debut (like the Bill Burr guy).
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:59 pm

EW makes it sound like Hawkeye is first, with Ms Marvel being the next show after that, but Victoria Alonso said a week ago or so that both shows will premiere before the end of the year.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:03 pm

I would imagine these will come out this year still. Hasbro’s solicited dates have been off by two or three months for basically everything this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supermonkey
teh awsum

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Anybody else notice the new price point going into effect? These are now $25 ea on BBTS.

Not sure I'm able to go along with that mathematical proposition.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:30 pm

The what if wave looks fun, but the watcher's hear sculpt, even if show accurate, reminds me too much of the fake old people masks that Spike Jonze and Johnny Knoxville used in the jackass movies. Something about the skin tone and color on the lips and how deep the lines on the facial expression are. I'm sure it'll look better in person or at least on the show.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 pm

To me, his head looks like a tiny potato.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm

I'm a little late to the conversation on this one, but am I right in saying this wave won't be available at the major retailers, ie. Walmart & Target? I see Amazon has it. I'm only after Nebula anyway.
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:01 am

Hayley Atwell playing 'Captain Carter' in Doctor Strange 2 is a safe bet.

She's the most likely "What If" character to transition to live action. The choice to represent her with digital faceprint tech is probably related to the future live appearance.

Meanwhile SL T'Challa and Zombie Hunter Peter will more than likely be cartoon only.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:34 am

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:01 am
Meanwhile SL T'Challa and Zombie Hunter Peter will more than likely be cartoon only.
Unless...
Spoiler! :
Peter is voiced by Andrew Garfield...
Also, as far as Captain Carter goes...
Spoiler! :
They said she will appear in ever season of the show as well, just to add to the "probably in MOM" speculation.
But to be fair, she is likely the star of the first What If episode, so I would expect a T'Challa poster in a week or so as well, then Loki, Party Thor, and so on.
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 am

I don't think Peter is voiced by anyone of consequence. Mainly because there might be entanglements with Sony if they used any of the Spider-men outside of the appearances that they are contracted for.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:37 am

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 am
I don't think Peter is voiced by anyone of consequence. Mainly because there might be entanglements with Sony if they used any of the Spider-men outside of the appearances that they are contracted for.
I honestly have no idea. The Spider-man rights are completely twisted in my head as far as tv/film etc.

Just saying, that would be funny given rumors for MOM. And they've announced a TON of movie people returning to voice their characters, as well as listed who is voicing the ones who AREN'T returning, except for a handful and one of those is Spider-Man. Just interesting.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”