Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm

whatevaevaeva wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 pm
See, I assumed this was a Strange who embraced the dark dimension. There's been some talk, I can't remember how official, that this Strange broke bad in some way after losing a loved one. The black around the eyes looks like Kaecilius and his minions.
I believe that is exactly the plot summary I read as well.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 pm

whatevaevaeva wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm
Just noticed that Strange has a design on his chest that looks almost like a bat, so yea, the pasty skin, black around the eyes, plus that bat seems to strongly suggest he's a vampire.

See, I assumed this was a Strange who embraced the dark dimension. There's been some talk, I can't remember how official, that this Strange broke bad in some way after losing a loved one. The black around the eyes looks like Kaecilius and his minions.

I'm gonna put my grand theory of the What If plot into a spoiler warning:
Spoiler! :
I wonder if Dark Strange escaped from the zombie dimension, maybe after losing a loved one and trying to use the dark dimension to fight them off. And 'Zombie Hunter Spidey' Peter ends up with his usual cloak, since Dark Strange seems to have a different one.

We've seen in trailers what looks like Dark Strange meeting Captain Carter in her universe; Dark Strange fighting a normal-looking Strange; and Captain Carter, T'Challa Star-Lord, and others teaming up as the Guardians of the Multiverse.

My grand theory: Dark Strange escapes the zombie universe. The zombies might escape their timeline/universe and start devouring other universes, as happened in the Marvel Zombies comics. Dark Strange gathers together the Guardians of the Multiverse to stop this multiversal threat. And somewhere in there, he meets MCU Strange and (after they fight) explains how the multiverse is leaking, which sets MCU Strange up for No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness.

Great thinking! Yeah that could be a Dark Dimension Strange, but if it is the eye shadow look seems understated. Kaecilius had thick lines emanating around the darkness as well.

hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:47 pm

anybody else thinking Nebula would look good with Star Wars figures?
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:18 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Also don't know if this was mentioned but these are now shelf dated for Feb 1st. They were originally 10/1 I believe.
Are there any additional official images?
thekunk2075
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:42 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Also don't know if this was mentioned but these are now shelf dated for Feb 1st. They were originally 10/1 I believe.
will you guys be listing the watcher solo tomorrow?
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am

On initial viewing I was just in for Carter and Spidey, but Im kind of slowly coming around on the wave. Zombie Cap does nothing for me in the slightest, And Dr Strange isn't a figure Id personally display, but the rest look cool. Im even sort of coming around on Watcher. Originally I didn't like him too much, but the more I look the more Im getting behind the idea. I feel like Nebula might make a good base for a comic Dr Minerva, but Ill have to have a think about it.

But Carter looks incredible. Like, EXACTLY what I wanted. And Im down for the Spidey as well (Though I'll have to black in the weblines again it seems :/ ). I like the style of it, and the Peter head is a nice bonus.

Cool wave! :)
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 am

I was expecting this wave to be an easy pass for me but I'm liking several of these and throwing in the Watcher as the BAF likely means I'll end up getting the whole wave. I will skip the pre-order since I'm about to spend a boatload on the Infinity Saga.
whatevaevaeva
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:11 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Great thinking! Yeah that could be a Dark Dimension Strange, but if it is the eye shadow look seems understated. Kaecilius had thick lines emanating around the darkness as well.

Hmm, good point. Maybe it's the interpretation for the animation?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:19 am

The Zombie Hunter Spidey for me is a meh. Nothing very exciting about it. Just a Spider-Man with a cape.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:22 am

The more I look at the figures in this wave, the more excited I get. I have a spot on top of my Detolfs for all 8 of these figures. I’m really digging Hasbro and Marvel Studios for such a rebound year, and the finest quality. This has hands down been my favorite year for collecting Marvel Legends.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:23 am

Anyone know who the double-pack is?

Hoping it's Peggy, but it's probably T'Challa.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:30 am

Sloth15 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:13 pm
Zombie Cap might go well with the NECA Terror Toons figures. Maybe Toons Ash could lop his head off or something.
This wave is an easy buy. Sorry budget.

8) Good thing I just found an unbloodied version of Ash at Target last weekend. I was thinking about stealing his head of a ML Ash kit bash.

Like most Cap figures this zombie version is an easy buy for two. The second for a repaint to mirror the look of the MS Zombie Cap.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:39 am

Fly4v wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:
Zombie Cap might go well with the NECA Terror Toons figures. Maybe Toons Ash could lop his head off or something.

8) Good thing I just found an unbloodied version of Ash at Target last weekend. I was thinking about stealing his head of a ML Ash kit bash.

Like most Cap figures this zombie version is an easy buy for two. The second for a repaint to mirror the look of the MS Zombie Cap.
That ML Ash is super-sweet! Great job. I'm surprised the head scaled so perfectly. What was the recipe besides NECA Toony Ash?
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 am

Sloth15 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:39 am
Fly4v wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:

That ML Ash is super-sweet! Great job. I'm surprised the head scaled so perfectly. What was the recipe besides NECA Toony Ash?
Peter Parker Upper Body with JJ's lower Torso... Ash Chainsaw, Boomstick, backpack and head.

I hope we get a proper Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness Ash. My Dazzler and Scarlet Witch just aren't the same without an Ash.

Also need to make an Ash Doombot with removable mask.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:05 am

JPC wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:23 am
Anyone know who the double-pack is?

Hoping it's Peggy, but it's probably T'Challa.

Usually the figure with no BAF part is the double-pack, which here would be zombie Cap. Usually Cap is the most popular figure in any wave, but this wave also has Spidey so there's a chance he's the double. My money would be on zombie Cap since the Marvel zombie comics have been so popular.

My 5-year old got a glimpse of zombie Cap and freaked out. Turned around, told me to take it off the screen and not show it to him again. His reaction is why Disney is usually against zombies, so I'm a bit surprised they allowed them in a Disney Plus show.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”