Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 pm

I also think T'Challa kind of looks out of place. I can see the animation influence in other figures, but it is far more subdued on the others. T'Challa looks like a Spiderverse figure. So he is my least favorite
dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Also don't know if this was mentioned but these are now shelf dated for Feb 1st. They were originally 10/1 I believe.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Oh snap, the legs ARE down where you can't see them in Spidey and Strange. Darn.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm

dorksidetoys wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Also don't know if this was mentioned but these are now shelf dated for Feb 1st. They were originally 10/1 I believe.
So these will be coming next year then?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:23 pm

e-rock wrote:
I also think T'Challa kind of looks out of place. I can see the animation influence in other figures, but it is far more subdued on the others. T'Challa looks like a Spiderverse figure. So he is my least favorite
Yeah - I'm not a fan of the stylized look, and that only one of the figures from this wave technically "fits" with the Spider-Verse stuff. I understand why, and the animation of each episode is different... just don't love it.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:37 pm

I love the hair sculpt on Nebula, but that reused GOTGv2 lower body with an untextured new upper torso looks rough.

Captain Carter looks fantastic and I'll happily swap that face onto the Peggy figure. Course, it will likely be too big and the ball joints won't be compatible, but I'm gonna hope. :)

I like the look of Strange, and the effort on Zombie Cap is really apparent, but I really don't want any of these. Sylvie is the most likely but I hope her likeness is better.

Was really hoping for a new Gamora.
Rawr993
Customized

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 pm

I really wish they would have done what the star wars black series has done and base the figures more on live action than animated, makes this wave a pass for me. All the figures look like good representation and genuinely disappointed i wont be getting any but i have no desire for animated looking figures.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 pm

dorksidetoys wrote:Image

Didn’t think Hasbro solicited figures for order that far in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Beamish wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 pm
I'm surprised we're getting Nebula instead of Gamora.
Me too - Gamora has been featured in all the other merchandise lines for What If? so far. I wonder if she will be an exclusive somewhere?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:01 pm

fac wrote:
Beamish wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 pm
I'm surprised we're getting Nebula instead of Gamora.
Me too - Gamora has been featured in all the other merchandise lines for What If? so far. I wonder if she will be an exclusive somewhere?
With how many unique designs this show will yield, I wouldn't be surprised by a second wave.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm

I like the hydra stomper and I may try and get a loose watcher but I think I can hopefully pass on the rest
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm

Rawr993 wrote:I really wish they would have done what the star wars black series has done and base the figures more on live action than animated, makes this wave a pass for me. All the figures look like good representation and genuinely disappointed i wont be getting any but i have no desire for animated looking figures.
I was thinking the same thing. But maybe they are thinking of an animated subline to go with the Spider Verse stuff. I would be more likely to buy these if they were less animated looking.

A zombified Chris Evans sculpt would have been awesome. Right now Zombie Cap is definitely more "Scooby zombie" than "Walking Dead zombie".
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:31 pm

That Spidey is pinless! Yes! No more red pins!

That’s it. Just wanted to celebrate.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whatevaevaeva
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm
Just noticed that Strange has a design on his chest that looks almost like a bat, so yea, the pasty skin, black around the eyes, plus that bat seems to strongly suggest he's a vampire.

See, I assumed this was a Strange who embraced the dark dimension. There's been some talk, I can't remember how official, that this Strange broke bad in some way after losing a loved one. The black around the eyes looks like Kaecilius and his minions.

I'm gonna put my grand theory of the What If plot into a spoiler warning:
Spoiler! :
I wonder if Dark Strange escaped from the zombie dimension, maybe after losing a loved one and trying to use the dark dimension to fight them off. And 'Zombie Hunter Spidey' Peter ends up with his usual cloak, since Dark Strange seems to have a different one.

We've seen in trailers what looks like Dark Strange meeting Captain Carter in her universe; Dark Strange fighting a normal-looking Strange; and Captain Carter, T'Challa Star-Lord, and others teaming up as the Guardians of the Multiverse.

My grand theory: Dark Strange escapes the zombie universe. The zombies might escape their timeline/universe and start devouring other universes, as happened in the Marvel Zombies comics. Dark Strange gathers together the Guardians of the Multiverse to stop this multiversal threat. And somewhere in there, he meets MCU Strange and (after they fight) explains how the multiverse is leaking, which sets MCU Strange up for No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness.
whatevaevaeva
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:23 pm
e-rock wrote:
Yeah - I'm not a fan of the stylized look, and that only one of the figures from this wave technically "fits" with the Spider-Verse stuff. I understand why, and the animation of each episode is different... just don't love it.
I've been trying to figure out how to articulate why certain figures 'pass' for me and others seem off. I think it might come down a bit to which designs basically completely originate in animation (like Spider-Verse), versus which ones skew closer to tweaks on the MCU live-action looks that've already been seen in Marvel Legends.

So Peggy, with basically an original costume and who had one okay Marvel Legends head sculpt, I'm cool with. T'Challa or Spidey, I kinda get hung up on how different and 'simple' they look compared to the detailed figures of MCU Star-Lord, Spidey, and T'Challa head sculpts that we've gotten.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics