Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:11 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Spoiler! :
Lady Loki
has to be the figure in this wave from Loki right?!?!?

With windbreaker Loki and Mobius already getting figures, I am not too sure what else I would consider "figure worthy" at this point.
Yes! I've been saying this all along!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Sill want an updated, appropriately sized, well-done Avengers Loki. Maybe he can show up in a future anniversary wave?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:38 pm

sepster wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm
Sill want an updated, appropriately sized, well-done Avengers Loki. Maybe he can show up in a future anniversary wave?
I'll be surprised if it never happens. It took 13 years but we're getting Iron Monger! So, just a matter of time.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 am

Boy I sure hope the figure from Loki in this wave is
Spoiler! :
Sylvie.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am

Hbhf wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 am
Boy I sure hope the figure from Loki in this wave is
Spoiler! :
Sylvie.
Has to be that...
Spoiler! :
Or "Vote Loki" Loki. And I would be happy with either one really.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Hbhf wrote:Boy I sure hope the figure from Loki in this wave is
Spoiler! :
Sylvie.
Absolutely a must-have character now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm

Spoiler! :
Sylvie is a must have.
While not the most realistic options for character releases from Marvel Legends, my thought process has always been if the character has a poster, they should have a figure. I LOVE me some character posters. Marketing is one of my favorite things about the MCU, and I just love their posters.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Spoiler! :
Lady Loki

With windbreaker Loki and Mobius already getting figures, I am not too sure what else I would consider "figure worthy" at this point.
I could see Hasbro doing a Hunter B-15, or possibly a generic TVA trooper. Maybe even Ravonna, but if they’re paying any attention, then they’re going to know there’s a strong interest in that variant.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:49 pm

DetectiveHoag wrote:
tatooinesandworm wrote:
Spoiler! :
Lady Loki

I could see Hasbro doing a Hunter B-15, or possibly a generic TVA trooper. Maybe even Ravonna, but if they’re paying any attention, then they’re going to know there’s a strong interest in that variant.
I don't think there is a real possibility of any of these. Deep cuts for sure, but not likely to be made into figures.

Given the current climate of inclusivity and the diversity of Marvel Legends shelves this year - I could see them doing some sort of Lady Leads or Villains 2 pack with Agatha and
Spoiler! :
Sylvie.

That would play well in news cycles too, which is added incentive.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:04 pm

Enforcer wrote:
DetectiveHoag wrote:
tatooinesandworm wrote:
Spoiler! :
Lady Loki

I don't think there is a real possibility of any of these. Deep cuts for sure, but not likely to be made into figures.

Given the current climate of inclusivity and the diversity of Marvel Legends shelves this year - I could see them doing some sort of Lady Leads or Villains 2 pack with Agatha and
Spoiler! :
Sylvie.

That would play well in news cycles too, which is added incentive.
I’m sure the cliches of female action figures would keep two female figures from “different properties” from being released in a 2-pack. There’s no synergy beyond them being D+ Marvel characters. But with no interaction in the shows, that’s pretty flimsy.

She-Hulk and Titania may be able to support something like a 2-pack when that show rolls around, but I still wouldn’t hold my breath. And I know this is an MCU thread, but please Hasbro, give us a comic Titania before the MCU version hits and we have to wait 2-5 more years.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm

I'd say You Know Who is a lock for a figure. I think it just depends on what they do in the show, and if future appearances are on the table as to how quickly we get them. I think if there's any 2 pack, and female-centric, it would be Agatha with a more show-accurate Wanda, or updated Wanda with Darcy, since civilian figures seem to only get the 2-pack treatment (Luis, MJ, Happy, original Pepper, Everett Ross, Banner). Though maybe a tough sell to anything other than fan channels, a Darcy/Jimmy Woo 2 pack might be the smartest thing to do with them.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:41 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
I'd say You Know Who is a lock for a figure.

I'm wondering which version. The person they're saying she is in the show right now doesn't match up with the name we've discovered for her, which matches up with a different character:

Spoiler! :
Sylvie is the modern name for Enchantress, yet they're referring to her as a Loki variant in the show and she's wearing the same single-horned Lady Loki circlet on her head that the comic version did in more recent issues. But they're being deliberately vague about who she is, so she could end up being either or some weird mix of both. Once we find out her full purpose and identity her appearance may end up changing, so it's anyone's guess what a figure would look like.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:43 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
joshsquash729 wrote:

I'm wondering which version. The person they're saying she is in the show right now doesn't match up with the name we've discovered for her, which matches up with a different character:

Spoiler! :
Sylvie is the modern name for Enchantress, yet they're referring to her as a Loki variant in the show and she's wearing the same single-horned Lady Loki circlet on her head that the comic version did in more recent issues. But they're being deliberately vague about who she is, so she could end up being either or some weird mix of both. Once we find out her full purpose and identity her appearance may end up changing, so it's anyone's guess what a figure would look like.
Assuming they got all the reference material in time and nothing changed too much (and assuming there even IS another costume, let alone one visually interesting enough), I would assume this costume we've seen so far. It's interesting, and would make a good mirror to Avengers/Ragnarok Loki on a shelf. Though, if there is another costume, I'm sure we'll get it somewhere down the line. The Loki show was probably the one in the earliest stages when Hasbro was making the wave, so it wouldn't surprise me if lots of things either changed or weren't available, hence why we got the pretty basic TVA Loki (even if it has been his primary costume thus far).
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:42 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
joshsquash729 wrote:

Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
At this point, my guess is she is definitely an actual Loki variant, with the Sylvie name being nothing more than a nod to that character. Any actual Enchantress character that shows up in the MCU will probably be Amora. Marvel Studios can play pretty loose at times when it comes to servicing comic continuity and she may be Loki's version of Whiplash or Hela. Partly an amalgam, partly something entirely unique.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:18 pm

I haven't compared outfits yet, but Peggy's outfit could be a good base for a Ravonna. Or am I only thinking that because of the beige.

I hope Ravonna gets to do something soon because Gugu is so too good for this role as-is. Wouldn't be surprised if she does get released it's in a two-pack with another Loki (Hiddleston), perhaps from the finale - or fudge in his Avengers look since they were almost in the same scene. ;)

But at this point, I don't need her. Heck, Owen Wilson wasn't even
Spoiler! :
important enough to have a subplot in the latest episode so Mobius is still a maybe.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”