EXCALIBUR! 3-Pack Coming soon! More to follow

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: EXCALIBUR! 3-Pack Coming soon! More to follow

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am
With a bit of dremeling it works quite well!

That does look pretty good. I'll probably try it if I can't find anything better. Any of you collect Power Rangers or Star Wars that know of any figures with hair that might work? Or even DC figures or something? I don't know, I'm just thinking there must be something outside of Marvel Legends.

I was thinking maybe a Mattel WWE Miss Elizabeth figure? But with the hair going over the shoulders, I don't know if that would work with Shadowcat's collars.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm

This thread changes Kitty's hairstyles more frequently than Kitty herself did, which is quite impressive.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:18 pm

Handsome wrote:

I was thinking maybe a Mattel WWE Miss Elizabeth figure? But with the hair going over the shoulders, I don't know if that would work with Shadowcat's collars.

bingo! I was going to suggest that same Miss E as well.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:21 pm
MaximumCrapping wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 pm
I'm seeing in the page code that they have 15,000 to sell and have sold 6,632 so far. So it'll probably be available to pre-order for many weeks, if not months.

For comparison the X-Force set had 8,000 available to sell, so yea, it disappeared much more quickly. Although that set was also being sold on the Disney site or I'm sure it would have sold out on Pulse far more quickly.
How do you access the page code? Curious to see how many units were sold for the army builders, thanks.

I don't know how to do it on a phone, just a desktop. Right-click page, view page source, search for the word "inventory." Skip past the first few occurrences of the word until you find a tag with several numerical variables. One will be a negative number showing the number sold, the other will be a positive number showing the total number available.
15k for Skrull and 8k for SHIELD
Springwolf84
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:29 am

For my custom Kitty I used the hair from Aurora (from the Alpha Flight box set). It’s got some wave to it and has bangs too, to help cover the forehead like a lot of the artwork shows.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:59 am

Handsome wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
With a bit of dremeling it works quite well!

That does look pretty good. I'll probably try it if I can't find anything better. Any of you collect Power Rangers or Star Wars that know of any figures with hair that might work? Or even DC figures or something? I don't know, I'm just thinking there must be something outside of Marvel Legends.

I started to play around with a redux of my custom when I was disappointed with Hasbro's approach. First time using procreate so it's abit wonky. I wish there was something closer to the art so I didn't have to, but that WWE figure is a really good match and reminds me of her hair when she wore the earlier version of this costume with the X-Men.

Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 am

I'm thinking I'll keep the existing hair and add some body - either offcuts from my spares bin or sculpted - mainly focussing on adding the big swoosh of hair from front right to left.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 pm

I don't feel the need to replace her hair, but I do have a junker Aurora...
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:20 am

RoyalCollector wrote:

8) I love plastic so much when it has the right form. :drool:
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 am

I’d give $$$ for that RoyalCollector Shadowcat. Sooo good!
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 am

Got my pre-order in almost immediately. Just waiting on Rachel Summers now. She’s the only other member I really need.
Although I’d buy Brian in his next outfit if they made one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:30 am

Handsome wrote:

This Elizabeth figure was pretty cheap on Amazon so I picked it up. The hair came off super easy, Mattel must use a lot less glue for their hair than Hasbro does. Doing hairswaps on female Marvel Legends figures usually takes me forever. Not looking forward to taking the hair off of Shadowcat's head..

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:44 am

That must be an abnormality because I have hurt my hands SO BAD pulling hair off Mattel WWE females.

That said, the hair on my female Sentinel Prime came off before I could even get her head off the body! Her hair looked perfect for a custom I had planned so I was just going to put the whole head on to see and with the slightest pressure her wig just popped off. Haven't had that happen before - but in this case it helped a lot!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:49 am

Don't know, I don't normally collect those. But this came off after only a few minutes in hot water. May have just been this one copy in particular, but it felt super easy. With Legends, it takes me like half an hour in boiling water, peeling off a little bit at a time.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:59 pm

I saw on IG that a guy (@pharoahmenoch), already got this and the X-Force set. Did anyone else got charged or shipped for it?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”