X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 pm

BruceKent wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:47 pm
Any chance these Wolverine heads fit on the Love Triangle Wolverine? I need a good unmasked head!
I'm pretty sure it'll fit on any of the current Wolverine bodies.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 pm

I imagine Zero's inclusion was just because of how easy of a repaint he'd be. He might be making up for an all new Pretty Boy sculpt. Sadly, he's the one figure from this rumored 5 pack that I don't care for.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 pm

sepster wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:56 pm
If the rumored 5-pack is true, and at this point, it seems likely, I wonder what the inclusion of Zero means. Are we going to get more MLF members? I'd take Forearm, but not sure how many of the others are really notable enough.

Would much rather see more of the Marauders or Nasty Boys.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

The original team of Wildside, Forearm, Reaper, Tempo, Kamikaze, and Sumo would all look cool on the shelf.

Hoping we see Scalphunter, Blockbuster, Archlight, Riptide, and Harpoon join Sabretooth and Vertigo.

The Nasty Boys have such oddly designed looks they'd almost all have to be unique pieces, so I don't know how likely Hasbro would go deep.
See, this is the kind of HasLab I'd welcome: Enemies of the X-Men box set.

A deluxe Magneto and his Acolytes, deluxe Apocalypse and his Dark Riders, deluxe Mr. Sinister and the Nasty Boys, deluxe Sabretooth and the Marauders, Stryfe and the MLF, etc. Obviously, there are others. Pick 3 and boom, HasLab. Bet that sells better than the Dodge Charger.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Jonan
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
I imagine Zero's inclusion was just because of how easy of a repaint he'd be. He might be making up for an all new Pretty Boy sculpt. Sadly, he's the one figure from this rumored 5 pack that I don't care for.
Did they confirm an all new sculpt for pretty Boy? Because I can totally see them using that Ultimate Beetle body again, almost exactly like they did for Silvermane. :-/
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:19 am

I hope we get a new Brown Suit Wolverine next year with the pinless buck and HOX claws.

Second most popular look for comic Wolverine, yet we've gotten only two real ML versions. Hell we have more tanktops and jacket wearing Logans.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 am

Jonan wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
Did they confirm an all new sculpt for pretty Boy? Because I can totally see them using that Ultimate Beetle body again, almost exactly like they did for Silvermane. :-/
No pure speculation, but I highly doubt they'd reuse that Beetle body again as he has a very distinctive skinny robot look.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
I hope we get a new Brown Suit Wolverine next year with the pinless buck and HOX claws.

Second most popular look for comic Wolverine, yet we've gotten only two real ML versions. Hell we have more tanktops and jacket wearing Logans.
I hope they redo the masked head too to be more like Dark Phoenix era John Byrne or Uncanny #173 Paul M. Smith with a bit more white eyes area. A Paul M. Smith unmasked head would also be definitive.

I looked at a recent Wolverine with claws and they looked like the same crooked claws from Love Triangle 3 pack.
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:02 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:

Yeah, I'd like pinless brown costume and the blue and yellow as well. I missed out on the love triangle set so I still have the orange-ish wolverine.

I feel like all I'm really doing at this point is replacing old figures in my collection with pinless versions :lol:
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:07 am

Blingoman wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:02 am
Spocks_Goatee wrote:

Yeah, I'd like pinless brown costume and the blue and yellow as well. I missed out on the love triangle set so I still have the orange-ish wolverine.

I feel like all I'm really doing at this point is replacing old figures in my collection with pinless versions :lol:
I'm really happy with my VHS Tiger Stripe and Retro Card Wolverine, with the exception of losing one of his claw hands.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 am

mattmurdog wrote:
BruceKent wrote:
Any chance these Wolverine heads fit on the Love Triangle Wolverine? I need a good unmasked head!
Yes, but will the skin tone match the arms or do we have to swap those too?
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:53 am

Jonan wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
No they didn't and they'll likely use the ultimate beetle body for him and it'll be wrong for him just like it's been wrong for every other character they've used it for.

With the exception of Mach IV.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:32 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 am
mattmurdog wrote:
BruceKent wrote:
Yes, but will the skin tone match the arms or do we have to swap those too?
True, I wasn't considering skin tone. I think if anything, it'll most likely work on the love triangle Wolverine, the original Brown suit is the more difficult one to match skin tone wise with modern heads.
Jonan
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 am
Jonan wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
No pure speculation, but I highly doubt they'd reuse that Beetle body again as he has a very distinctive skinny robot look.
I certainly hope so. I remember buying a movie Ultron to kitbash a Silvermane or Pretty Boy, but the little circular ball was far too big for regular sized heads. Thwarted!
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 pm

At this point, we really just need a good Pretty Boy head; there are tons of droids from the Black Series that would work just fine, body-wise, or a 6" Terminator figure if you've got one handy. I'm using Q9-0 as a stand-in right now (he's a little shorter than I'd like for Pretty boy, but not too bad) and I've seen people using K2S-0 (who I think is way too tall, personally). If they offer him on that horrible Beetle body, but the head looks right, I guess I'll make do.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Zero really is the only one i don't care about.. and I assume that it's Agent Zero David North? or is it the Five Lights Kenji Uedo (who i can't imagine would get a figure)

i can think of probably 50 simple repaints that would be better than either one though.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”