X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Handsome
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:13 am

Saw this Storm statue on BBTS. Reminded me that I still want them to re-release Storm a third time, but in silver like she should have been from the start.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 am

Upon first viewing I thought it was more of a metallic white than a silver in keeping with the 90s cartoon. Though I do think that the 3rd version Silver Storm should come with the Whilce Portacio ponytail head so we can mix and match with previous versions that have come out.

I like that statue, though the hair seems a bit chunky and the eyes seem a bit flat. But it's likely a must have for any huge Storm enthusiast. Sideshow has definitely been improving its sculpts overall. Their recent Gambit is arguably the best version of him I've seen.

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:54 am

My 1st X-Men comic bought off the shelf at 7-11 was this one. Used the rest of my $1 allowance on a Marathon bar and a small coke Slurpee.

Benn Roe
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:24 am

Handsome wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:13 am

Saw this Storm statue on BBTS. Reminded me that I still want them to re-release Storm a third time, but in silver like she should have been from the start.
All true.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:48 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 am
Upon first viewing I thought it was more of a metallic white than a silver in keeping with the 90s cartoon. Though I do think that the 3rd version Silver Storm should come with the Whilce Portacio ponytail head so we can mix and match with previous versions that have come out.

I like that statue, though the hair seems a bit chunky and the eyes seem a bit flat.
The face kinda looks like Billy Porter...

I agree - a third variation should come with a new portrait! At the very least, the existing portrait with blue eyes. But I would love to see the Madureira short back, long front hair as an alt head because I doubt that costume is ever coming. But that was a cool look.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 am

I didn't dislike the purplish outfit with the long "Quicksilver-like" downward strands for Storm back then, but then again I liked just about anything Madureira at the time. It would be interesting to have a second Storm head sculpt, perhaps with bluish metallic or some sort of blue hued paint around the edges or even just kinda like a lightning effect attached to the eyes, as I haven't seen that done in either a Storm figure or statue for that matter. Things are definitely more expensive than the $200 dollar Kotobukiya days.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:54 am
My 1st X-Men comic bought off the shelf at 7-11 was this one. Used the rest of my $1 allowance on a Marathon bar and a small coke Slurpee.

Hopefully you still have it as that is one of the more classic covers they've done. I always somewhat confused this cover with the one of Cyclops blasting the octopus underwater. Never read the issue but it seemed like a weird concept despite it being a well known cover.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:53 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am

Hopefully you still have it as that is one of the more classic covers they've done. I always somewhat confused this cover with the one of Cyclops blasting the octopus underwater. Never read the issue but it seemed like a weird concept despite it being a well known cover.
yeah; I still have it. Think I have all the Cockrum/Byrne X-Men I bought mostly off the rack minus #94) Should sell Giant Size #1 so I can do some house projects with the cash. Should have ditched the Marathon bars and bought some 2nd copies.
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

I recently got the Warlock BAF. He's a great figure -- really nice paint apps and sculpt. Makes me want the classic New Mutants all the more. Might work as a box-set, especially since they can re-use some of the bodies.
- Cannonball
- Wolfsbane
- Cypher
- Mirage (definitely needs her unique flourishes on her costume)
- Sunspot
- Magma
- Magik
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 am

Yup, classic New mutants(all of em) on teen bodies needs to happen! Esp. to make up for the phoned in ones we have gotten so far.

Excluding warlock, warlock imo is one of the most underrated BaF's. I personally thought the character would be too difficult to pull off in figure form, so much so that I didn't even bother putting him on my top 10 ever.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 pm

+1

I had already decided I didn't need the New Mutants in my collection, but I made an exception for Warlock. Such a cool and unique figure.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
I recently got the Warlock BAF. He's a great figure -- really nice paint apps and sculpt. Makes me want the classic New Mutants all the more. Might work as a box-set, especially since they can re-use some of the bodies.
- Cannonball
- Wolfsbane
- Cypher
- Mirage (definitely needs her unique flourishes on her costume)
- Sunspot
- Magma
- Magik
Thirded! Need them all.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:51 pm

New Mutants and an Inferno wave or box set have been my biggest wants since I made my way back into the ML fold with the X-Men Juggernaut BAF wave years back. I will continue to post about them until they are made. My $$ is sitting here Hasbro just waiting for you to claim it.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:03 pm

I would really love a new Stryfe and a re-release of the Dark Phoenix/classic Cyclops figures at some point. Retro figures would make sense.
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:35 pm

zodach wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:03 pm
I would really love a new Stryfe and a re-release of the Dark Phoenix/classic Cyclops figures at some point. Retro figures would make sense.
I've been waiting for them to re-release that Cyclops for what feels like years now. That Cyclops, an X-Factor Jean, and Kitty & Rogue in one of their '80s costumes would complete my current teams.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”