Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:12 pm

I would love to get that Beetle.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:15 am

I live in an area that almost never gets things early, but saw a Red Hood tonight at Target. I've got the wave on preorder from Pulse and was tempted to pick him up and cancel but I didn't want to risk ending up with two of 'em (Pulse shipped a few things ahead of schedule for me this week so now I have doubles of a few things to make unexpected customs out of... probably will end up making a custom Hood with a different, non screaming face if I can find a normal head, actually).

If I'd seen most of the others, though, I'd have picked them up. I'm just amazed to see a different figure at my local Target. They've had the same three Peter B. Parkers since March.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:10 pm

Got Lady D today. I must say, I really love this figure. I was worried, cause usually when I get excited about a figure they disappoint me. But this one is definitely nice. If I had to nitpick, the plastic for the hands is too gummy. And the paint on the headdress came off almost instantly. I had to repaint it. I also don't like how flowy the tassels are. So I used some heat and pressed them down. It looks a little better. But they're not just straight up hanging. Otherwise, the face sculpt is nice, the body sculpt is nice, the cybernetics are sculpted and painted which is fantastic, and the paint is clean all around where there is some, till it rubbed off the head lol. I can't see them reusing any of the upper body for anything. But maybe they'll find something to use it on. Oh, and I wouldn't have minded an actual skirt/sash on her crotch instead of just the underwear look. But that's a minor thing. Her height doesn't bug me. I thought it might. But I'm glad it doesn't. I am really happy with her all around. Pretty glad I got her. I applaud them for this one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:12 pm

Spotted most of this wave at Walmart today - no lady D but the rest were there. They had 4 dooms so i'm guessing they put out 2 cases and someone bought one BAF set and the other Lady D also sold. Anyhow since i already have Skull and Arcade i ended up grabbing scientist supreme so that MODOK has someone to bicker and scheme with.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:05 am

Ended up fixing up my Skull today. Pretty happy with it considering my limited painting abilities.

(Everyone else included because I just like seeing them all together)
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:07 am

Boy Wonder wrote:Ended up fixing up my Skull today. Pretty happy with it considering my limited painting abilities.

(Everyone else included because I just like seeing them all together)
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:50 am

Any suggestions on a light that can illuminate Dormammu's flames and be hidden when photographing?
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Found all but Dormammu at Wal-Mart and Target this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:45 pm

MaximumCrapping wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:50 am
Any suggestions on a light that can illuminate Dormammu's flames and be hidden when photographing?
Possibly an LED snake light, strategically placed.
KCE83
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:14 am

I have not seen anyone from this wave locally, but I did get Dormammu from BBTS and I really like him. I think demand for this guy will shoot up once they release a classic Dr. Strange. Hopefully we don’t have much longer to wait.
Toonstrack
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:49 pm

I like this figure way more than I expected to. But I've been waiting for a Hood since he showed up in Infamous Iron Man
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Finally I have Red Skull! I found a full wave on the pegs at Walmart Saturday. I will eventually get them all but Red Skull was a must for me. I had him on preorder at Gamestop and fully paid for but canceled it today. I normally don't do that but he just kept getting pushed back. He was due June 1st originally and still not in yet so I said if i see him on a hunt I am buying him. Figure of the year for me right now. I love the red they used I was never a fan of how dark the other versions are. This one is comic book perfection. He is perfect with 80th Cap. People at work are going to get tired of seeing them on my desk every day!
Doctor Doom
HULK SMASH!

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 pm

Has anyone found a decent soft goods replacement for Hood's hood? It's power of the force 97 levels of bad...
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 pm

Are these popping up anywhere other than Walmart and Target? Seems like MI really isn't getting a lot of them at this point and I'm getting antsy! Also, I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere, but does anyone have the SKU/UPC for Brickseek? Does that thing even work? It seems like Popfindr doesn't anymore, so I figured I'd make sure.
tru48082
Customized

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:03 pm

Jonan wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 pm
Are these popping up anywhere other than Walmart and Target? Seems like MI really isn't getting a lot of them at this point and I'm getting antsy! Also, I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere, but does anyone have the SKU/UPC for Brickseek? Does that thing even work? It seems like Popfindr doesn't anymore, so I figured I'd make sure.
I have NEVER seen these is any Metro-Detroit area Target store since they released these. And I have been checking regularly. Brickseek seems to work with Target using DCPI's

I have seen remnants is Walmart stores. So far I have seen Arcades (bought 1), Scientist Supreme, The Hood, and Doctor Doom. Was in Walmart and attempted search with Brickseek and it doesn't work with UPC's. Not sure if this is temporary thing or not.

- tru48082

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”