Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Sat May 08, 2021 12:27 am

Well that Deathstrike is getting modded as soon as I get her out the box

At the very least, a set of heels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:52 pm
From what I remember they explain this in the faqs section, and possibly even when you get to choose the shipping option.

Last time I ordered a few months ago I saw it in the shipping options. You choose to either group them all together into one big free shipment, or you ship things as they come in and you get billed for the number of shipments it ends up being.

At the time I ordered the Black Series Bad Batch wave plus two figures they had in stock (Commander Gree and Wolffe). I chose to group them together to keep the shipping free. I'm unsure what they do with the ones they have in stock when you choose that option, but my hope is they set them aside because they subsequently sold out of both of those in-stock figures.
^quoted for reference, re: Dorkside shipping.

I always try to order over their Free Shipping threshold. Sometimes it means cancelling and reordering things, though occasionally I'll change my mind after sitting on a PO for a while. I always seem to have a number of outstanding orders with them. Right now I'm at 8, and I've been as high as 13 or 14. I also always choose the cheap "when entire order is ready option."
Many times however, I have received shipments of partial orders, or even more often multiple partial orders in one box. I assume it is a space issue, and once product reaches a certain volume it is more feasible just to ship what they have, than to continue to store it.
Also, I have never been screwed over by DST on in-stock items, even when I have ordered mixed orders of in-stock and pre-order. In fact, only twice has DST ever failed to deliver on product. Once on the ML Homecoming Vulture wave, and that was a computer error; and just recently on Power Rangers Z-PUTTIES and that was Hasbro shorting their order.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:19 am
I think skullbuster now looks like a giant next to deathstrike, and that bothers me, as they are on the same team
Wait. Now there are height limitations for joining a team? All members must now be within 3 inches of each other's height. No exceptions.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:36 am

I don't mind her being that short, mainly because this is Hasbro's first one. Now if they did another version of her earlier and it was alot taller I'd be mad. I always preach uniformity. But there should be a few exceptions. Like Kitty and Wasp are too tall. Unfortunately, correcting that now would be odd and make the figures look like 2 totally different people. But I'm sure they're going to. I'll bet the next couple Kitty's will be Jubilee height. But I don't really want Emma or Jean that short. Emma always felt like a tall woman to me. As did Storm and Jean. So where they are now doesn't bother me. But I won't buy that new Jean. The figure is bad, and shes way too short. Sorry Hasbro. It was a fail in my eyes. And I know from being here for a long time I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:45 am

Ash Talon wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
I think skullbuster now looks like a giant next to deathstrike, and that bothers me, as they are on the same team
Wait. Now there are height limitations for joining a team? All members must now be within 3 inches of each other's height. No exceptions.
Haha, I hope she comes with a ruler!

But lol, yeah she just looks a bit unimposing next to those guys now

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:46 am

Trunks3540 wrote:I don't mind her being that short, mainly because this is Hasbro's first one. Now if they did another version of her earlier and it was alot taller I'd be mad. I always preach uniformity. But there should be a few exceptions. Like Kitty and Wasp are too tall. Unfortunately, correcting that now would be odd and make the figures look like 2 totally different people. But I'm sure they're going to. I'll bet the next couple Kitty's will be Jubilee height. But I don't really want Emma or Jean that short. Emma always felt like a tall woman to me. As did Storm and Jean. So where they are now doesn't bother me. But I won't buy that new Jean. The figure is bad, and shes way too short. Sorry Hasbro. It was a fail in my eyes. And I know from being here for a long time I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Why would you need both versions displayed anyway to let their heights bother you? Just replace it and pretend the old one never existed lol

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:37 am

It's kinda crazy. Let's keep making the same mistake until the end of time, cause it's too late now. Most characters will be remade at some point. So let them be corrected. I mean, by that same logic, we shouldn't like the 80th Iron Man and more recent Iron Man figures, because earlier ones were smaller.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 am

Ash Talon wrote:It's kinda crazy. Let's keep making the same mistake until the end of time, cause it's too late now. Most characters will be remade at some point. So let them be corrected. I mean, by that same logic, we shouldn't like the 80th Iron Man and more recent Iron Man figures, because earlier ones were smaller.
Im for it when its A listers, but not when we've waited a decade or so and suddenly have a team going and then they decide to bring another member to the team and its of a different scale.

Thats a complaint I get.

Just not when people are mad the same character in a different outfit is a different height. , I doubt most are displaying them together. But if they are, I can see what they may be annoyed too, but that doesn't seem like the majority of ways people collect and display

But yeah, Jean's 5'6 shes finally the right height , I may of felt different if Jim lee jean was much smaller than all the other jim lee girls though

Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:43 am

It's definitely the torso that's making her a little bit shorter.

Can't say it bothers me too much, I think Skullbuster is on too big a body, but no one complains about that because it's not too big a deal.
Hopefully I can get her soon to compare my custom to the official figure.

Arcade's one I've not ordered due to the height though, he's supposed to be fairly short, which is probably why he wears the platform shoes, as well as it being a 70s thing. That's why I used a Jazwares Fortnite figure for my custom, due to the body being slightly smaller than the regular Marvel Legend suited figures.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 am

Storm of the Vale wrote:It's definitely the torso that's making her a little bit shorter.

Can't say it bothers me too much, I think Skullbuster is on too big a body, but no one complains about that because it's not too big a deal.
Hopefully I can get her soon to compare my custom to the official figure.

Arcade's one I've not ordered due to the height though, he's supposed to be fairly short, which is probably why he wears the platform shoes, as well as it being a 70s thing. That's why I used a Jazwares Fortnite figure for my custom, due to the body being slightly smaller than the regular Marvel Legend suited figures.
Yeah, skull buster is too big, but I doubt we ever get another

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:53 am

If Lady Deathstrike is 5'9", and that ML Wolverine is about 5.875 inches to top of the horns, that makes her figure an 1/8 of an inch taller than perfect. I can live with that.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
blackcomicnerd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm
I kept my preorder from another site but just preordered the wave from Dorkside.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
According to trucking company they'll land middle of next week, they were originally suppose to land yesterday. We get shipments from multiple Hasbro warehouses and the bad guys are coming from Chino (west coast) which always takes the longest. I think we did get a few solids of bad guys that came out of Pooler, GA yesterday.

At any rate, lots happening in Marvel next week.
Thanks for the update!
kltpzyxm
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat May 08, 2021 2:28 am

I thought Wolverine was 5'3" but That's old handbook height. The handbook did list Lady Deathstrike at 5'9"

Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
It's the Rockettes.
gitwer
CROM!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 am
I'm not appreciating the fact that Hasbro has decided to mess with the scale this deep into the line... Marvel Girl was the first of this abomination and now Lady Deathstrike. Don't get me wrong, I like that the females are shorter, but not now. Not like this. Now new females are all going to be as tall as Jubilee, does this mean we're getting a new shorter Jubilee in the future or a shorter Kitty?
Exactly. Why start here, and where do you stop? I'm fine with Moira and Jean getting this buck, as they're on the shorter end and not exactly physically formidable. But this is a 5'9" badass with giant claws who wants to rip all your parts off. Too bad adult sized figs like Karma (5'4") can send her to bed without supper.
Illyana is 5'3". So if all of a sudden this is a thing, is the next Magik gonna be a half inch shorter than the current teen buck? Madness.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”