Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Thurs. these will be mine!
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Got my set on Monday and set about fixing Dormammu. Made a mould of the head and did a couple of test casts, one in an orangy-yellow and one in a pure yellow - they both came out essentially identical. Quickly painted one up, it's marginally better than the factory head but not by much. The thickness of the head affects how much light can get through, and I don't think I'll get any better results unless I use a very light yellow dye. Probably shouldn't have bothered!

Original on left, new on right.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:48 pm

Amazon shipped my Red Skull and Lady D after Target dropped the ball hard on my instant day second pre-order. I am so glad I had Amazon has a backup, so far almost everyone of my day second pre-orders at Target have been backordered or cancelled.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm

Gave Yuriko a little skirt and repainted her face a touch as I always picture her with white/yellow eyes. Thank you X-Men Next Dimension!

ft. Slushie cause it's so [email protected]#$ warm.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Yeah my Lady Deathstrike should arrive next week. I had quite a few returns when I thought I was going to get into Tamashi Nations Dragonball Z figures. I returned about 5 if I remember correctly so this wave and few other items I have already received were all free.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:33 pm

Can anyone explain to me why they didn't do the Hood's cape/head like the FF4 wave Doctor Doom?

I hope they include an alternate head and cape for this figure as an extra with another figure release.

Hmm, they are releasing Tigra... :lol:
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:43 pm

Got the rest of this set on Friday and just love how comic book-y it is. There's a fun simplicity to most of the figures I really dig, and they're so vibrant (gotta love how comic villains use those secondary colors to such great effect compared to movie villains all in black and gray). Deathstrike is my fave of the bunch, though the one I can't stop messing with is the Scientist Supreme for some reason. I really need to set up a proper AIM display now that he and MODOK are in hand.

I just took a look at the Madrox availability for an extra head for the first time since that X-wave hit shelves and good golly I'm gonna have to find a different option for a closed-mouth Hood head. What's everyone else using?
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:38 am

I like Shartimus Prime's idea of using a goblin head for a possessed Hood.

For the hopeful clearance discount in the future and with the green pants, was thinking about a Bad Lands Safari Professor X figure or a casual Norman Osborn.

But then there is the spare Ego head in the two pack and the Peter Parker upper body for a quick and easy Macready from The Thing.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:54 am

RoyalCollector wrote:Gave Yuriko a little skirt and repainted her face a touch as I always picture her with white/yellow eyes. Thank you X-Men Next Dimension!

Wheres the skirt from? I always l likes the skirt look better but have never seen anything I liked till now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:34 pm

kantboy2 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:33 pm
Can anyone explain to me why they didn't do the Hood's cape/head like the FF4 wave Doctor Doom?

I hope they include an alternate head and cape for this figure as an extra with another figure release.

Hmm, they are releasing Tigra... :lol:

In a wave of absolutely fantastic knockout figures, Hood is a real head scratcher. After having the wave for a few months I'm firmly in the "we still need a Hood figure" camp - basically nothing about the figure works for me. The restrictive cloak, the head, even the colors of his clothes are clashing and garish in a way that I find off-putting. I wouldn't be upset if Hasbro took another crack at him down the line.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:54 am
RoyalCollector wrote:Gave Yuriko a little skirt and repainted her face a touch as I always picture her with white/yellow eyes. Thank you X-Men Next Dimension!

Wheres the skirt from? I always l likes the skirt look better but have never seen anything I liked till now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
It's just a part of the Legends Gambit's coat I had in a fodder bin. Just cut it to that shape and repainted.
VeganDiet
HULK SMASH!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 am

People on Reddit have been posting about card packs coming with this wave at GameStop.
https://i.redd.it/el1oj04vbgd71.jpg

Odds that these are hints to future releases? My wife just bought me the Deluxe Thanos, so I guess I hope it doesn't follow exactly that roster, but it's a solid selection of figures
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:53 am

VeganDiet wrote:
People on Reddit have been posting about card packs coming with this wave at GameStop.

Odds that these are hints to future releases? My wife just bought me the Deluxe Thanos, so I guess I hope it doesn't follow exactly that roster, but it's a solid selection of figures
I can see Wave 2 including Abomination BAF, Mephisto, and updates to Terrax, Zemo and Blackheart.
I’d add Skurge who is long overdue and a female like Deathbird or Titania.
Kang was just updated last year.
Thanos has multiple recent figures.
The Leader update is fairly recent, unless they are doing nutsack head Leader.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:04 pm

VeganDiet wrote:

Ryan Ting's tweet below about the cards tells me no, these are not a hint of things to come. He says each set is themed to a particular wave, and it's obvious this set corresponds to the bad guys wave. But the sets have 15 cards, so the other ones not in the wave are likely just additions not associated with the wave. As pointed out we already have recent Leader, Kang, and Thanos figures. so certainly those are just throw-ins to go with the bad guys wave figure cards. If those are throw-ins we should assume the others are as well.

His statement also says there will be another card set to go with another Legends wave at some point in 2021.

MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Does anyone doubt that classic Zemo and Mephisto, at the very least, are coming sooner rather than later? An updated Abomination using the Gamerverse body seems likely, and Terrax would make sense given Haslab Galactus. Blackheart I'm not as sure about, but obviously wouldn't be a total surprise since he was already done during the Toybiz era. Don't have that figure, but seems like one of the better Toybiz releases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”