Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 pm

I would welcome a menagerie of Wasp figures on a shorter female body. Towering wasp has always bugged me.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Oh crap...I forgot Doom was also in this wave. And here I am trying to mentally sort and cull my collection and already trying to think and justify the two Dooms I already have; three is you count ToyBiz which I've had for 20 years and still love. And also wondering if I need this Dormamumu and what to do with him and Skull. I may try the MCU Hydra/Skull harness on this one with the Hydra Bob head, and tey this head on MCU Red Skull.

Re: Deathstrike. Yeah looks a smidge small but the height doesn't bother me in any pics I've seen so far. She's taller than Wolverine, and that's most important. Someone earlier described her as a "powerhouse". I've never seen the character as a straight up brawler like Rogue or She Hulk. I see her as more of a finesse speed fighter. Yes she is strong due to implants but it's not brute strength. As for her being smaller "significantly" than the other Reavers is also cool with me. Those guys are the big dumb muscle. And it makes DS MORE dangerous to me, that despite her small stature this bad b**** still bosses around these big guys and commands respect.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Monkey Joe
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

sepster wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm
I find it hilarious that Doom gains the power of a God and the first thing he does is take his shirt off to reveal his killer armor bod.
And tiny hands
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Sat May 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 pm
I would welcome a menagerie of Wasp figures on a shorter female body. Towering wasp has always bugged me.
Same, but for Kitty Pryde. The modern version we got a few years ago was more like a 7" scale figure, she was so oversized.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 12:43 am

I think for me what throws the heights of the figures off more than anything is the inconsistent head sculpt sizes. I know it can't be helped but that's what it is for me. I'm fine with Lady Deathstrike it's that Doom being shorter than the recent Doom is what I don't care for.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:27 am

Yea. Like I mentioned, Kitty is one of those absolute missteps. Even though I don't like it most of the time, I'd be extremely happy to have a new Astonishing Kitty be smaller. Like Jubilee sized. When they get around to redoing both Hope and Rachel I'm hoping they're also not oversized. Those are some Dark Days figures that need new versions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

swipergod
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun May 09, 2021 1:52 pm

I'm with those who indicated that course correcting this far in is a bit frustrating. They'd have to resize other Jeans, Invisible Womans, Rogues, Polarises etc. Not to mention that Lady Deathstrike's stats have mostly been taller than many women. The 90s card sets had her at 5'9 - 5'10, which is taller than all the women I just mentioned. For one offs like Shadowcat, ok provided they also redo her astonishing costume, but I really don't want to go buy a bunch of women over again or have Hasbro dedicate resources to redos. Just be consistent with the precedent that was set and definitely don't shrink characters who are known to be taller.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 1:56 pm

I’m somewhere in the middle on this issue. I like consistency, but IM is really the only character I have all together that’s supposed to be the same person. I’m probably most concerned if there’s teammates that should be the same height but end up having an existing female and corrected female.

I think Deathstrike’s head is a little small (or squashed, which exaggerates the height change. It’s an attempt to keep her “hair” proportional to her body, but it under-scales her entire head.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun May 09, 2021 3:37 pm

I've been waiting to replace every female figure I own that has single-jointed elbows, so I guess I'm in a unique position. That said, I would rather them correct a scale issue now, less than a decade into the Legends relaunch, than let it continue. Who knows how long this line will go on, but it shows no signs of stopping.

It may look weird to have a well-scaled Jean next to a giant Kitty, but Hasbro will get us a new Kitty before long.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:57 pm

Here's the deal we can all agree to disagree and sometimes agree.
The females are not just shorter now but they have lost size as well.
The females have always lagged behind the males in this line.
It's okay if you want the females to be shorter and I get that but not to lose their size.
You want your females to look as they stepped out of comic books as the same as the males and look good standing next to the males.
The new female body size makes them look like kids next to the males and older female bodies in the line even the teen body.
It's just the comic figures though and that is due to the price increase and not having a budget like the movie waves.
If you have Xialing and Katy from the Shang Chi wave stand them next to Moria. They are both just slightly bigger in size than Moria.
If you collect GI Joes and you have Scarlett stand her next to Moria or if you have her already Lady Deathstrike and look at the difference in "size".
GI Joe has a bigger budget than ML comic line and it shows in the female body size.
We all don't like the price increase but we still, want this and that and the BAF and we want our males to have this and the females to have this.
Well to have all that we want for the males and the females, something had to go and that was the size and height of the females.
One of the best looking female figures I have seen from a different line in six inch is the Jakks Apex Legends Mirage figure. She is the slightly taller than the Moria figure but she looks good standing next to the males in ML at every size.
I'm sorry to say but what we all want for the comic figures, males and females, the accessories, articulation, sculpted details and including BAF something had to be sacrificed because the comic line doesn't have a budget like the movie lines or other lines under Hasbro's umbrella.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:27 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
The new female body size makes them look like kids next to the males and older female bodies in the line even the teen body.

What's the average height of a woman worldwide?

Hint--it's well under the relative height of the House of X Jean Grey or this new Lady Deathstrike.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Okay, once again these are not real women they represent comic book characters. However like I mentioned even the movie females in the Shang Chi wave who represent "real" women are taller and slightly bigger in size than Moria.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:10 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:

What's the average height of a woman worldwide?

Hint--it's well under the relative height of the House of X Jean Grey or this new Lady Deathstrike.
Now let's not go getting too realistic and reflective of the size of real humans in our action figure lines. I don't need my male figures to have beer guts and moobs.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sun May 09, 2021 6:23 pm

Boy I can’t wait for people to actually start getting these figures
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:Boy I can’t wait for people to actually start getting these figures
Amen to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”