Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
gitwer
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Fri May 07, 2021 10:41 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm
gitwer wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
Thats significantly shorter than the current females which are taller than the 6ft men

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
And now they're the same size as the 5'3" Logan. Even at ~5'6" which is about where artists fudge him, we've overcorrected by the same amount in the opposite direction with Yuriko.

At this point, I'm less concerned with "oh no, tall women" than I am with "all of a sudden all the women look ridiculous standing together"
I mean none of these characters are exact comic heights, but 5'6 is closer to 5'8 than 6'1 or 6'2 is... where the marvel women were... they were all Amazon's compared to the men, so ill easily take the new heights

You're moving your own goalposts :P We were comparing a 5'9" Deathstrike to a (fudged) 5'6" Logan and a 6' dudes. 3 inch difference both ways. Except one way makes Yukio look like a kid hanging out with 5'10" Emma or 5'11" Ororo.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

For years, people complain about ML female figures being too tall. Hasbro starts to correct them. Now, it's a conspiracy to save plastic and increase profits. AHHH! THEY'RE OUT TO RIP US OFF!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 pm

gitwer wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm
gitwer wrote:
And now they're the same size as the 5'3" Logan. Even at ~5'6" which is about where artists fudge him, we've overcorrected by the same amount in the opposite direction with Yuriko.

At this point, I'm less concerned with "oh no, tall women" than I am with "all of a sudden all the women look ridiculous standing together"
I mean none of these characters are exact comic heights, but 5'6 is closer to 5'8 than 6'1 or 6'2 is... where the marvel women were... they were all Amazon's compared to the men, so ill easily take the new heights

You're moving your own goalposts Image We were comparing a 5'9" Deathstrike to a (fudged) 5'6" Logan and a 6' dudes. 3 inch difference both ways. Except one way makes Yukio look like a kid hanging out with 5'10" Emma or 5'11" Ororo.
... how am I moving a goal post? The men are 6ft... the women are taller

I did correct the 5'8 to 5'9 before your post posted, because that was an honest mistake, but there were no goal posts shifted lol

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 pm

Ash Talon wrote:For years, people complain about ML female figures being too tall. Hasbro starts to correct them. Now, it's a conspiracy to save plastic and increase profits. AHHH! THEY'RE OUT TO RIP US OFF!
Haha, It must be the plastic!!! (While Hasbro ups production and releases some pretty big figures none the less and raises prices) lol talk about a strange justification Image

gitwer
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:51 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
For years, people complain about ML female figures being too tall. Hasbro starts to correct them. Now, it's a conspiracy to save plastic and increase profits. AHHH! THEY'RE OUT TO RIP US OFF!
Is it a conspiracy if it's plain as day? We're paying a higher SRP and getting less figure for that price. This isn't a conspiracy, nor is it rocket science. This is a company maximizing their dollar, which is the least conspiratorial thing in America :P
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 pm

Actually Cyclops and Hawkeye are like 6’3” and Cap is 6’2”. Thor and Iron Man are like 6’6”. When the women match those heights, then yes, they are really, really tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Akatsuki wrote:Actually Cyclops and Hawkeye are like 6’3” and Cap is 6’2”. Thor and Iron Man are like 6’6”. When the women match those heights, then yes, they are really, really tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(And they tower over cyclops) lol amazon women !!!

But yeah the bucky cap body is suppose to be a standard 6ft. Which was always wrong for cyclops anyway

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

gitwer wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Is it a conspiracy if it's plain as day? We're paying a higher SRP and getting less figure for that price. This isn't a conspiracy, nor is it rocket science. This is a company maximizing their dollar, which is the least conspiratorial thing in America :P
Its a conspiracy when you're the only one gung-ho about that theory Image

Alpha Fan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 pm

I posted some pictures of the figures here:

https://imgur.com/a/vNDeeDe

I am no toy photographer so I apologize for the quality of the pcitures.

Quick review.

Deathstrike: Best of the bunch. Solid articulation, great sculpt and other than her height she is a perfect representation of the character. Her arm articulation is a bit limited because of the shoulder pads but she can be posed in cool ways despite that.

Arcade: He reuses the civillian body we've seen so many times. His platform shoes make him a bit hard to stand for some reason but you know what you are getting. He is going to be sharing a spot with White Rabbit in my collection.

Hydra Supreme: Mine was sticky when I took him out of the box, he seemed to have some kind of residue but hopefully it was just mine. I am not too excited about him but I wanted to build my AIM.

And regarding Xemnu, his belt can be removed but putting it back might not be that easy. The white is a close match to Wendigo but his one has a more subtle blue wash and it's mostly white.
gitwer
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
gitwer wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Its a conspiracy when you're the only one gung-ho about that theory Image

Gung-ho indeed! Feel the rage coursing through my forum post. I am clearly a rant monster.

You silly goose.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:47 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
This guy gets it.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:57 pm

There are also references claiming Yuriko to be 5' 7". She looks completely fine either way.

Image Image
mattmurdog
CROM!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 am

I'm not appreciating the fact that Hasbro has decided to mess with the scale this deep into the line... Marvel Girl was the first of this abomination and now Lady Deathstrike. Don't get me wrong, I like that the females are shorter, but not now. Not like this. Now new females are all going to be as tall as Jubilee, does this mean we're getting a new shorter Jubilee in the future or a shorter Kitty?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:19 am

Jean doesn't bother me at all since she's a seperate team and bith teams, so far she fits in well with (hox and 70s) however... I think skullbuster now looks like a giant next to deathstrike, and that bothers me, as they are on the same teamImage

dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 am

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm
I kept my preorder from another site but just preordered the wave from Dorkside.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
According to trucking company they'll land middle of next week, they were originally suppose to land yesterday. We get shipments from multiple Hasbro warehouses and the bad guys are coming from Chino (west coast) which always takes the longest. I think we did get a few solids of bad guys that came out of Pooler, GA yesterday.

At any rate, lots happening in Marvel next week.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”