Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Alpha Fan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Fri May 07, 2021 12:59 pm

I agree with you but I don't think getting female characters being much shorter than versions we already have a figure of is going to look very well in our collections. I would appreciate some consistency but I guess it can work with new characters we don't have a ML version of such as Moira.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Are you going to put two different comic Scarlet Witches next to each other? Do people really line up multiple versions of the same character next to each other? I can see that with Spider-Man or Iron Man. I'd rather have more accurately/appropriately sized figures than the 6'2" females we've been getting. Eventually, they'll remake most figures anyway. I was so disappointed with the black/gold Wasp and Kitty Pryde figures when they came out. Characters who are not tall in the comics were suddenly as tall as their male counterparts.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Ash Talon wrote:Are you going to put two different comic Scarlet Witches next to each other? Do people really line up multiple versions of the same character next to each other? I can see that with Spider-Man or Iron Man. I'd rather have more accurately/appropriately sized figures than the 6'2" females we've been getting. Eventually, they'll remake most figures anyway. I was so disappointed with the black/gold Wasp and Kitty Pryde figures when they came out. Characters who are not tall in the comics were suddenly as tall as their male counterparts.
Yeah im not sure why anyone needs a jean grey to be the same height as previous jean greys... unless you're like a jean grey only collector?

But like, for me (and id wager most) the scale of the team that version goes with is most important. And unless you're standing her next to other jeans, it wouldn't be noticeable

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Wonder if they made her kinda short because AoA Shadowcat is going to use those legs too.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:52 pm

I think its most likely they finally realized all their ladies were over 6 feet tall and it was ridiculous. The White Queen is like 6'4"; its ridiculous. I welcome the correction. Phoenix is displayed on a flight stand anyway.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:22 pm

Side note, contacted dorkside. If you ordered a case or a set, you do not have to worry about them splitting the order up, only when ordering singles or multiple items

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm

DerRabbi wrote:I think its most likely they finally realized all their ladies were over 6 feet tall and it was ridiculous. The White Queen is like 6'4"; its ridiculous. I welcome the correction. Phoenix is displayed on a flight stand anyway.
Yeah, ive had people say "well jeans a teen in that outfit... and im like... you do realize when tend to stop growing in height at like 14-15 right? A teen buck would be the same height, just a little less developed.

And then people have been like "well she has heels on" (about the tall women) and im like.. normal heels arnt going to make you well over a foot taller lol

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Deathstrike seems like a weird figure to make short. I liked how elongated she was, and to truncate that seems odd.

Maybe they had to make her short to fit the torso in? IDK.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Looking forward to this whole wave, but I’m probably most excited about AIM Scientist Supreme!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gitwer
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 pm

The online nerd resources have Deathstrike at 5'9". That is by no means short.

Raise retail price, cut size therefore amount of plastic used which reduces production costs, call it a "scale correction," profit. Siiiigh.
Alpha Fan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 pm

I scored Deathstrike, Hydra Supreme and Arcade at my lcs in Barcelona. Red Skull was already sold out (which was the only other figure I wanted).

Let me know if you want any comparison or specific pics.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Alpha Fan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 pm
I scored Deathstrike, Hydra Supreme and Arcade at my lcs in Barcelona. Red Skull was already sold out (which was the only other figure I wanted).

Let me know if you want any comparison or specific pics.
Would love to see some picture of Deathstrike compared to other X-Men figures like Wolverine and female characters
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm

gitwer wrote:The online nerd resources have Deathstrike at 5'9". That is by no means short.

Raise retail price, cut size therefore amount of plastic used which reduces production costs, call it a "scale correction," profit. Siiiigh.
Thats significantly shorter than the current females which are taller than the 6ft men

gitwer
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
gitwer wrote:The online nerd resources have Deathstrike at 5'9". That is by no means short.

Thats significantly shorter than the current females which are taller than the 6ft men

And now they're the same size as the 5'3" Logan. Even at ~5'6" which is about where artists fudge him, we've overcorrected by the same amount in the opposite direction with Yuriko.

At this point, I'm less concerned with "oh no, tall women" than I am with "all of a sudden all the women look ridiculous standing together"
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm

gitwer wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

And now they're the same size as the 5'3" Logan. Even at ~5'6" which is about where artists fudge him, we've overcorrected by the same amount in the opposite direction with Yuriko.

At this point, I'm less concerned with "oh no, tall women" than I am with "all of a sudden all the women look ridiculous standing together"
I mean none of these characters are exact comic heights, but 5'6 is closer to 5'9 than 6'1 or 6'2 is... where the marvel women were... they were all Amazon's compared to the men, so ill easily take the new heights

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”