Retro Legends 3.75 (Not Just 2packs Any More!!)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Retro Legends 3.75 2packs

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:19 pm

With this style probably sticking to classic, Bronze Age characters, it's easier to make a cap for yourself. I'm sure newer characters like Venom, Carnage, and Deadpool happen eventually, but I'd love it if they didn't happen anytime soon. Secret Wars characters seems like a good place to start/focus. Since IW isn't phasing, I'm assuming Mr Fantastic won't be stretching.

It seems like there's a 1 villain and 1 female per wave pattern going on. With the line being so young it's almost impossible to guess who's next. I have a feeling wave 4's female will be an X-Men member, since we haven't gotten a female X-Men yet (Avengers, DD, FF so far). So I'm guessing Phoenix will be in wave 4. I'm thinking wave 4's villain could be Avengers/FF based (we've gotten Spider-Man, X-Men, DD), so I'm guessing Dr. Doom or Loki.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Grouch wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:12 pm
Are you guys opening these, leaving them carded or both (buying duplicates)? I open my SW vintage collection figures and keep the cards no problem but am hemming and hawing about opening these.
I have a few and I've kept them all carded. I think the artwork is part of the appeal of them.

I'm still looking for Iceman and Daredevil to complete the ones I want that are already out. I've seen every other character multiple times, but have never seen those two guys. I wounder how the cases are packed.

That vision looks nice and I'll probably get Bullseye if I ever find Daredevil. I might cave and get grey Hulk too.
Handsome
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:34 am

Ash Talon wrote:
With this style probably sticking to classic, Bronze Age characters, it's easier to make a cap for yourself. I'm sure newer characters like Venom, Carnage, and Deadpool happen eventually, but I'd love it if they didn't happen anytime soon. Secret Wars characters seems like a good place to start/focus. Since IW isn't phasing, I'm assuming Mr Fantastic won't be stretching.
Yeah, my Marvel Legends collection is '90s based, for example the Spider-Man in my collection is the Raft box set version with the big Todd McFarlane eyes. So I don't need '90s characters like Venom or Carnage here, or Gambit or Cable or Bishop on the X-Men side. For these, I'd rather get characters like Wolverine in his brown suit, Nightcrawler, Colossus, etc.

By the way, I'm not too familiar with DC figures. Anyone know if there's a comparable 3.75" DC line? Doesn't need to be super deep, I just want the big names like Superman and Batman.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:42 am

I noticed in the solicitations for the third wave of these, it says, “Available at most major retailers.” None of the other solicitations specify unless it’s a retailer exclusive like Quasar.

It would be a major bummer for these to only be at brick and mortar stores, especially since the “mint on card” aspect is one of the main selling points with the unpunched peg holes. And retailers will for sure mess that up. That, and having to go to a retailer in stores for anything is annoying in 2021. Hope these show up on Dorkside, EE, or BBTS as cases.

As for the new reveals, I like how every wave seems to be balanced with Avengers, X-Men, and a F4/general Marvel Universe character like Daredevil, as well as making sure there’s a villain and female there.

Hope it’s a fun concept, and I hope they stick to late ‘70s/early ‘80s characters and looks. Modern characters and decos and/or losing the vintage card art would make it lose its charm.

Wonder how deep it’ll go since the current Legends line has had trouble with line extensions. The 12 inch figures didn’t catch on, and only a handful were released. The props seem to do okay, but there are only a few released a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am

Handsome wrote:
By the way, I'm not too familiar with DC figures. Anyone know if there's a comparable 3.75" DC line? Doesn't need to be super deep, I just want the big names like Superman and Batman.
There was the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line by Mattel. Don't know if they actually scale well, but it was a 3.75" line.

https://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/figurez ... heroes.htm
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Oy. I jumped down the rabbit hole Saturday and bought Cap after looking at these for weeks. Now I want them all. *Sigh* I knew that would happen and I did it anyways. Lol. They hit me with all kinds of feels. The size, the card art work, the simplicity of the figures. I love them. My wish list is already long. I open mine without destroying the card and the cards will be going up in my mancave comic book section. Bring on the playsets and vehicles! Which in a Pixel Dan interview right at the very end they said could happen if the line does well. Well the Targets around me keep selling out of them and restocking them.
Handsome
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

scottg10 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am
Handsome wrote:
There was the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line by Mattel. Don't know if they actually scale well, but it was a 3.75" line.

https://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/figurez ... heroes.htm
Thanks. These look like they'd go well with the Marvel Figures. I'm still not sure I want to open them. But if I do take them out of the package, I'll pair them with these DC Infinite Heroes line.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 pm

So far I've picked up classic Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), but I'll for sure get some more. The artwork is definitely the main appeal to me, so they're staying in their package. #LetThemSuffocate :evil:
Last Archer
Customized

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Handsome wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:

There's the DC Heroes Unite line from Spin Masters
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
So far I've picked up classic Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), but I'll for sure get some more. The artwork is definitely the main appeal to me, so they're staying in their package. #LetThemSuffocate :evil:
Okay this made me snort laugh! Glad I wasn't drinking anything! #Plasticprisonisacruelwaytodie :shock:
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Sgt. Stinky wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm
Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
Okay this made me snort laugh! Glad I wasn't drinking anything! #Plasticprisonisacruelwaytodie :shock:
Haha. I was hoping that made sense.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:24 pm

I’m so tempted to hang a #LetThemSuffocate sign over my carded collection. That’s funny. :)
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Anybody found these in the Northeast at Target? I've found the pegs but haven't seen them anywhere and hoping to find DD/Elektra and that wave before they disappear. I swear the Targets near me either have too many buyers or never stock the good stuff. Would love to just get these online like their other exclusives.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:28 pm

All of these should be up at BBTS, Dorkside, ect in the near future. And if you care about the cards being unpunched I'd go that way.
Justice Freak
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Yup for the northeast but only the first wave. Have yet to see the daredevil/iceman wave

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”