Wave Eternals

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Wave Eternals

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:19 pm

kailryu wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 am
I find it odd that Kro wasn’t the BAF but without knowing the relative significance of each character I assume they had their reasons.
My uneducated guess would be reference - they probably didn't know what that character would look like at the same time they knew what the Eternals were going to look like, and since they probably didn't want to do eight unique figures they swapped the biggest one into the BAF so at least the basic assortment would hit retail on time.

Which it did. :)
keyotheseasons
Super Poseable

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:45 am

I just want to know what's going on with Thena? She has no figure and she has been absent on some t-shirts and other merchandise/promotional items.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:47 pm

keyotheseasons wrote:
I just want to know what's going on with Thena? She has no figure and she has been absent on some t-shirts and other merchandise/promotional items.
It is really odd. I mean Angelina Jolie allowed her likeness for Maleficent I'm assuming. So I really hope that doesn't have something to do with it. The only other thing I can guess is that they're saving her figure to sell a less popular character or force us to buy a repaint.
Spoiler! :
Supposedly her and her husband/boyfriend(?)Gilgamesh were exiled from the group. But yet Gilgamesh is the BAF so I don't think her absence from merch is story related. But idk. Watch they'll put her in a 2 pack with Gilgamesh after we've all already built him haha
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:27 pm

Is Jolie confirmed to be a main character? Maybe she only has a few scenes? Otherwise, I still expect her to be a Target exclusive with a repack of Ikaris.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
keyotheseasons wrote:
It is really odd. I mean Angelina Jolie allowed her likeness for Maleficent I'm assuming. So I really hope that doesn't have something to do with it. The only other thing I can guess is that they're saving her figure to sell a less popular character or force us to buy a repaint.
Spoiler! :
Supposedly her and her husband/boyfriend(?)Gilgamesh were exiled from the group. But yet Gilgamesh is the BAF so I don't think her absence from merch is story related. But idk. Watch they'll put her in a 2 pack with Gilgamesh after we've all already built him haha
Spoiler! :
actually I think her story is she has a forbidden love with cro, an external. Some rumors suggest they may be the mcu parents of thanos
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:42 am

These are showing up on AliExpress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:06 pm

CaptainRon wrote:Image

These are showing up on AliExpress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm..… any good custom suggestions?
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:20 pm

The detailing on these look better and better every new image we get. This is gonna be an awesome looking team to have on the shelf and that's before we even grow a connection to them!! This may be my most anticipated line so far... except the Infinity Saga Program of course.

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm really impressed with the detailing and designs overall. Can't wait to see what the Figuarts/MAFEX versions look like if they do a couple of characters.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:00 am

There is an entire plot summary on reddit that is apparently legit, but my reaction as a collector...
Spoiler! :
I've always felt, for me, this wave was either all in or all out, and I'm sure the movie will be really entertaining, and I know reading a blow-by-blow summary by someone who is likely not a professional writer takes a lot of flavor out of it... but it really makes me feel like I won't regret skipping the wave. Will see it, will buy the Blu-Ray, but still.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
There is an entire plot summary on reddit that is apparently legit, but my reaction as a collector...
Spoiler! :
I've always felt, for me, this wave was either all in or all out, and I'm sure the movie will be really entertaining, and I know reading a blow-by-blow summary by someone who is likely not a professional writer takes a lot of flavor out of it... but it really makes me feel like I won't regret skipping the wave. Will see it, will buy the Blu-Ray, but still.
I'm still thinking it's going to a Guardians level surprise in terms of reaction.

I'm going all in and they better effing make Thena.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:42 am

Slixta wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Spoiler! :
I'm still thinking it's going to a Guardians level surprise in terms of reaction.

I'm going all in and they better effing make Thena.
It's funny but...
Spoiler! :
after that summary, she is the only one I may want...
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:38 am

The Phastos figure looks off to me. The break between the upper torso and the "skirt" piece is really off-putting to me. Maybe part of it is the gold on the chest is wider, then all of a sudden gets thinner. Being flared out doesn't help it, either. A similar design is much better implemented on the Kingo figure.

Regarding the Reddit leak:
I can go either way on it. I'm not doing cartwheels over it, but I also feel like I need to see it. It also contradicts a lot of rumors that surfaced while the film was in production. After WandaVision, I'm taking a bunch of this stuff with a grain of salt. I'm not sure how much I believe any of these leaks or rumors anymore. I think the figures look good (other than Phastos), but I've been so on the fence over this since it was announced and the cast revealed, I'm not planning on picking any of these up until I see the movie and know I genuinely want the figures. I hope it's good, I hope it's successful, but I'm going to wait to see how it plays out.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 am

Films been trending for a while today for basically no reason so the Hype exists. Assuming the Loki in the D+ wave looks good this wave and that will be the first wave I buy complete in a long time.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 pm

So if Shang Chi figures have been sitting around some retailers' store rooms with an April 25th street date, shouldn't retailers also have Eternals figures already also? Eternals was supposed to come out before Shang Chi, so I would think the figures would have shipped out earlier with an earlier street date.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”