Wave Eternals

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Wave Eternals

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:25 am

Artistix wrote:Have the set coming from BBTS & found a seller here in Aussieland who had Thena/Ajak.

Just finished watching the movie. Really enjoyed it. Can understand why it was review bombed - gays, ethnic & gender diversity, males crying. That's the kinda stuff that annoys the crap out of angry white dudes! :D
^lol not wrong. That formula does tend to track

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:33 am

The 'males crying' part made me laugh, though I know it's completely serious. But the other things listed were ones I'd assumed, yet that one had never occurred to me. Such fragility.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:03 am

Despite not being a movie figure collector, I continue to resist the urge to buy this set. I just think they look so darn nice.

Unrelated, has anyone seen anyone take a swing at painting parts of Ikaris’ costume red to more closely match the comic version? I’m curious if that’d work.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:33 am

Are there any figures that would match kingo’s skintone that have grasping hands? I want grasping hands so he can hold the binary captain marvel power ball effect.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:09 pm

Thor-El wrote:Despite not being a movie figure collector, I continue to resist the urge to buy this set. I just think they look so darn nice.

Unrelated, has anyone seen anyone take a swing at painting parts of Ikaris’ costume red to more closely match the comic version? I’m curious if that’d work.
You could try doing a boil and dismantle of ikaris and defender strange and then mix and match parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:30 pm

Artistix wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 pm
Have the set coming from BBTS & found a seller here in Aussieland who had Thena/Ajak.

Just finished watching the movie. Really enjoyed it. Can understand why it was review bombed - gays, ethnic & gender diversity, males crying. That's the kinda stuff that annoys the crap out of angry white dudes! :D

You're right, and you should say it. Letting that attitude run amok all over comic book fandom has really done a number on it and needs to be called out way more than it is.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:45 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Are there any figures that would match kingo’s skintone that have grasping hands? I want grasping hands so he can hold the binary captain marvel power ball effect.
As someone who likes to have as many persons of color in his collection as possible, I can't think of any male figure that matches Kingo's skin tone. The closest I can think of is tactical Killmonger.
Comedian
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:47 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:30 pm
Artistix wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 pm
Have the set coming from BBTS & found a seller here in Aussieland who had Thena/Ajak.

You're right, and you should say it. Letting that attitude run amok all over comic book fandom has really done a number on it and needs to be called out way more than it is.
Not that I disagree on attitudes, but the white male thing is tired. I know of no countries in the west that banned this, though China and 3 Arab countries banned it.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:22 am

You're arguing a totally separate point, but I don't feel like getting told to take it to the soapbox so we can leave it there.
Comedian
Avengers Assemble

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:34 am

Agreed. I’d much rather talk toys in a toy forum, and discuss how much I loved this movie.

To the toys. I’m rearranging my MCU collection, and this team is by far the absolute best looking of any shelf. These figures don’t get enough credit for how beautifully sculpted and colored they are.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:05 am

Yeah, I would also like to discuss toys and not this stupid topic
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:48 am

Can we discuss the topic? I mean really the topic? We've discussed the toys, the movie, the box office, at great length... and STILL... no one has fixed the thread title.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:56 am

maczero wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:45 pm
Rawr993 wrote:
As someone who likes to have as many persons of color in his collection as possible, I can't think of any male figure that matches Kingo's skin tone. The closest I can think of is tactical Killmonger.
I looked last night and Gilgamesh's hands might work. Not exactly grasping, but more open.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:30 am

Gotta say, Kro might’ve sold pretty well if they’d went with anything but his final look. He was just savage in every single form but the last one.

Wasn’t going to break the top 10 for MCU stuff for me (mostly just due to awful pacing) but I liked each of the characters enough to enjoy the figures more. If they sold a Hasbro Pulse set of just accessories for these guys I’d definitely buy it. The team looks great together but most of them really had cool energy effects for their powers.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:04 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:48 am
Can we discuss the topic? I mean really the topic? We've discussed the toys, the movie, the box office, at great length... and STILL... no one has fixed the thread title.
Bwahahaha! I've been posting in this thread for nearly a year and never noticed that!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”