Wave Eternals

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Fly4v
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Wave Eternals

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:09 am

hunnipot85 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:02 pm
I'm only interested in Ikarus, Sersei, Ajak, Thena and Black Knight.

Ikarus is the only figure I've been impressed with, but to be fair I don't think we've seen great photos of Sersei or Ajak yet.
Does this qualify as a good reveal of Ajak?

https://www.quirkybyte.com/blog/2020/09 ... -eternals/

If I can only get one figure from this movie this is the one.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:03 am

Fly4v wrote:
hunnipot85 wrote:

Ikarus is the only figure I've been impressed with, but to be fair I don't think we've seen great photos of Sersei or Ajak yet.

Supposedly she's a Walgreens exclusive, which sucks...
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 am

Slixta wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
hunnipot85 wrote:

Hopefully that is just a bad rumor.

Making that figure a Walgreens' exclusive would be a decision beyond stupidity based on both the store and website's past record of proven poor performance.

Stupidity is an absolute unlike dumb, dumber and dumbest which have varying degrees. I cannot see how a decision like that can be made by a company and then they say that they care about their customers. :rolleyes:
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 pm

So with these figures rolling out, is there anyone here interested in getting them all?

I find the figures kind of boring aesthetically.

That being said, I find the concept of the Eternals movie fantastic and it's the one I'm hyped for the most. I just don't see it translating well to merchandizing/toys for kids.

The Celestials and Black Knight will probably have the most 'toyetic' designs.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:53 pm

I usually like the MCU versions of costumes, but I think this is a case where I'd prefer straight comic looks. That said, I'll likely just get Ikaris and Sersi.

I'm excited for this movie from the standpoint of being something totally new for the MCU. I just hope that reddit rumor of the story/plot isn't true as it didn't seem too awesome to me.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:54 pm

I will be buying them all
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 am
Slixta wrote:
Hopefully that is just a bad rumor.

It's good enough to call it more a likely scenario than a rumor. In 2020 around the original pre-Covid release date for Eternals Walgreens put tags on the shelves for an Eternals exclusive figure, but this was after the film--and presumably the figure--had already been delayed. So while the new-ish toy manager undoubtedly knew the figure was delayed, the Walgreens system was still telling whoever plans the shelves that the figure was on the way.

But that doesn't mean it was Ajak, except for two things--that image also leaked around when Walgreens was originally supposed to put their exclusive on the shelves, and it's the only non-wave, non-deluxe figure anyone has seen to date. Put those three bits of information together and you've got compelling but circumstantial evidence that Ajak was meant for Walgreens.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Yeah, we could have a mystery exclusive. Kit Harrington's character I don't think has a figure at this point, right? So possibly could be him
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 06, 2021 7:12 pm

I wish Disney/Marvel didn’t muzzle the Hasbro team on their YouTube Pulse reveals and just allow them to address rollout dates in the MCU figures.
The Shang -Chi wave just “magically” appeared in stock at retailers(!).

Would be nice to know when we can expect to start seeing the Eternals wave at retail.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 pm

blobfrombeyond wrote:
I wish Disney/Marvel didn’t muzzle the Hasbro team on their YouTube Pulse reveals and just allow them to address rollout dates in the MCU figures.
The Shang -Chi wave just “magically” appeared in stock at retailers(!).

Would be nice to know when we can expect to start seeing the Eternals wave at retail.
Hasbro likely doesn't even know. The Covid delays right now seem over, but what if we get another round of spikes and delays? This thing isn't due out until November. Which means a lot can still happen
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm

blobfrombeyond wrote:

If that was the way they operated we would have been expecting Eternals figures in Fall 2020, Shang-Chi earlier this year, and Doctor Strange figures right now only to have all three waves later delayed. I'm sure everyone would have been perfectly patient and fine with those inevitable Covid delays after having been promised those figures! :shock:
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu May 06, 2021 7:48 pm

e-rock wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:54 pm
I will be buying them all

Same
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Definetly picking them all up, only Eternals we're missing are Thena and I think she'll make it into a two-pack somewhere, at least I hope so.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:11 pm

I don't want to buy any as my only connection would be the actors, and I love most of the cast, but I'm worried this will be another GOTG where I fall in love the characters and gotta have em all. I keep trying to cherry pick but I end up with a lot of "if I get that one, I gotta get this one too" and it leads to all but two so... May as well go for the whole cast.

So I already know it's all or none for me; just not sure which yet.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 pm

I was totally sure I was going to be skipping this wave. I haven't felt the same compulsion to get every MCU figure released (endless iterations of Iron Man, Cap and Thor helped with that) and so was confident I was going to skip this wave entirely since there was not comic based figure - or BAF (ending up with all the Shang Chi that way) - to lure me in.

But after seeing those higher res pictures I'm not sure I'll be able to stay away. That Ikaris figure looks amazing as do most of the characters really.

I'm pretty confident the movie is going to be good and there will be a connection to the characters once I've seen it, so I think here I am contemplating a wave of all MCU figures.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”