Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:49 pm
Same wave, but Natasha and Yelena had handguns. Melina has some too but are they stuck in the holsters?

The little pea-shooters that come with Crimson Dynamo Nat, Yelena, Deluxe Nat, and the Melina 2-pack are all removable. But Melina isn't wide release, she's a fan-channel exclusive, so that might make it OK.
Neal
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:01 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Yep agreed. Maybe they thought the magic dildos made it A-OK. :shock:

Magic dildos make everything OK. :lol:
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:24 am

Punisher on a bike came out more recently, I believe he was supposed to be a wide release. And he has a small armory. And to make things more confusing, the Deadpool movie figures were all over the place. Domino came with Uzis, and a removable pistol. Cable came with a removable pistol, and his screen accurate future gun, and a grenade launcher attachment. And Deadpool himself came with proper Deagles, but glued in, somewhat easily removable, and stupid pew pew guns as well. The same pew pew the new Zemo comes with.

I personally hate molded in guns. If they're gonna do a holster you can't use, make it with no gun sticking out. So I can at least mod is myself. And I'm ok with pew pew guns, for figures that it make sense. The new Zemo is stupid. He clearly uses a real gun in the show, but they give him a space blaster? Accuracy is preferable. Using it for comic Kree or Skrull soldiers, that's fine. I mean, Hood got his real guns. Sense is not made...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:00 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:24 am
The new Zemo is stupid. He clearly uses a real gun in the show, but they give him a space blaster? Accuracy is preferable.
I think few are bothered by this, but as far as accuracy goes.... I would have liked Zemo to have a left hand for his sidearm too.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:43 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:33 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Sometimes I think there's a predictable pattern to whether or not they include semi-realistic guns where if it's a release that will be at Target and Walmart where kids can buy them then no guns, but if it's a fan channel exclusive then guns are included. But then there are exceptions and I realize there seems to be no discernable pattern.

What's the last wide release that had guns? The only one that jumps to mind is the comic Winter Soldier from the Black Widow wave in early 2020 that had a semi-realistic handgun and assault rifle.
Zemo.

Do you mean the one in this wave? He's got one of those futuristic laser pistols, not any gun that could be mistaken for anything actually on the market in our society. Bucky in the Crimson Dynamo wave has two weapons that look like ones on the market.
On the market in our society......

Lol.
Rawr993
Customized

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:50 am

I think that this custom of scarlet witch is awesome so simple yet so effective
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm

It looks like shit and made the Scarlet Witch figure worse.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:31 pm

scribb wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:43 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Zemo.

Do you mean the one in this wave? He's got one of those futuristic laser pistols, not any gun that could be mistaken for anything actually on the market in our society. Bucky in the Crimson Dynamo wave has two weapons that look like ones on the market.
On the market in our society......

Lol.
The Hood.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
I would've phrased differently but i had the same reaction when i saw that pic on IG, lol. But hey if the customizer is happy with the results, more power to them
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:03 pm

I never realized how incorrectly colored her hair was. That new face makes her look like a DST figure with their refusal to stop painting the area around the eyes pink. I think I prefer the factory over that custom as well, but at least the custom looks less like Barbie.
Rawr993
Customized

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:55 am

Bashbash99 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:03 pm
Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
I would've phrased differently but i had the same reaction when i saw that pic on IG, lol. But hey if the customizer is happy with the results, more power to them

Really? I really liked the colour changes & what the customiser did with the crown, only things i didn’t really like was the sculpting changes to the hair & changing the likeness but i thought that could have been because moving the crown up might have meant the customiser might have had to make changes to the hairs sculpt to accommodate the crown being moved further up & having to match the the skintone when filling up the hole were the tiara was originally placed on her forehead might have meant they had to redo the face to make sure the skintones match. I don’t customise so i don’t know.

Seeing this custom confirms how easy hasbro could knock this figure out the park if it got the red guardian treatment with a second release.

I think if this customiser see this post i think they should be proud of their scarlet witch i still look at it and think its a cool custom.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:01 am

It definitely shows skill (the custom). Not the best mods I've seen of them all - the assessment of looking like shit is definitely harsh. I'd love to see what quality of work ol Scotch and Eggs could cobble together or if he's just, in all likelihood - a shit-talker.
stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Well, after approving multiple delays Target just canceled my Scarlet Witch preorder.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Target just canceled my Bucky order as well. They shipped everyone but him back when they started. Ahh Target - keep a preauthorization on my account for two months (plus), then just say "never mind."

EDIT: I complained and was offered a gift card. Worth a shot!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:55 pm

JPC wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:03 pm
Target just canceled my Bucky order as well. They shipped everyone but him back when they started. Ahh Target - keep a preauthorization on my account for two months (plus), then just say "never mind."

EDIT: I complained and was offered a gift card. Worth a shot!
If you're not averse:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hasbro-Marve ... /781969175

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”