Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Pulse just shipped my entire wave order.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:57 pm

september_death wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Pulse just shipped my entire wave order.
They shipped all but Captain America from my order
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:14 pm

The Walmart John Walker figure was revealed and went for preorder pretty soon after he was revealed on the series, right? Genuinely trying to remember.

I'm wondering if the same will happen for a Loki that isn't in a TVA get up.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:20 pm

Mobius went up right before first episode. So if there are other exclusives from the show, maybe they would.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 pm

I could just see them doing the more desirable Loki AFTER the 'boring' Loki in the regular wave.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:16 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 pm
Made some mods to Wanda to get her closer to how she looked in the show. Refixed the crown and gave her some new hair. Gave all the reds a black wash then and repainted in black lines and detailing missing. There's metallic red on the brighter details that actually has a slightly maroon tinge that doesn't pick up in many photo's, but you can see it better in the last one.

Wow!! This is exactly what I wanted her to look like!! She looks a thousand times better by making these few changes. Great job!! They need to put you on the team!! If she had come out looking like this it'd be my favorite Legend out of my whole 11 years of collecting!
Thanks so much! The factory version is still a really great figure and definitely up there in my figures of the year top 10. I'm fully expecting figuarts or Mafex to pop up and blow my one out of the water.
scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 am

RoyalCollector wrote:Made some mods to Wanda to get her closer to how she looked in the show. Refixed the crown and gave her some new hair. Gave all the reds a black wash then and repainted in black lines and detailing missing. There's metallic red on the brighter details that actually has a slightly maroon tinge that doesn't pick up in many photo's, but you can see it better in the last one.

Great job! Looks fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:09 am

Got the entire wave, minus Sam Cap, from Pulse today. Scarlet Witch is the standout for me. Definitely not the most visually interesting wave, but it's nice to have some representation of the shows, and the likenesses are really good. Sorry if it's been brought up before, but did anyone notice the typo on the back of Vision's box? I always find little slip-ups like that interesting.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 am

Pulse shipped my whole wave and the rest will be here tomorrow, but got Bucky today. It's funny - it's a really great looking figure, but doesn't look as sharply like Sebastian Stan as a lot of the other movie figures look like their actors. I can't complain though because he's SUPER toyetic, tons of fun to mess with and pose. The funny thing though is that he's totally set up to hold an assault rifle and comes with no weapons. I wonder if they had thoughts of including a firearm with him. His fight scenes in the show were more fun without so I'm not bummed, just thought it was kinda funny that he's definitely got rifle hands in there. The rifle from the comic Bucky fits perfectly though if you've got him.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:34 am

Loki so far wasn't worth taking a photo of lol. But this really is a solid waveImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

maczero
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:16 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Loki so far wasn't worth taking a photo of lol. But this really is a solid waveImage
Really like this shot. Very artsy.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:55 pm

maczero wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Loki so far wasn't worth taking a photo of lol. But this really is a solid waveImage
Really like this shot. Very artsy.
Thank you! ♡

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rawr993
Customized

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:28 am

Does any one have any easy advice on how to fix the gap?

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:25 pm

If that's a factory error try to get a replacement. If it's not, there's not alot you can do about it. You can tighten it a little if its loose, and possibly hide it by gluing the belt down in a place where it hides the gap but let's the torso still swivel. I'd glue the belt on the bottom, probably on the sides, making it go about half on the bottom and half on the top of the cut. To tighten it you'd wanna use super glue. Twist the torso about 90° so it looks like a plus sign from an aerial view. Push the chest from the top back so its leaning forward, at a small angle. Then try to push the glue tip in as far as you can close to the swivel joint. Dab a bit in there. Quickly pull it out, and just keep twisting the joint back and forth till it dries. Don't let it sit, or it'll glue it and won't twist anymore, and could break if you try and force it. Plus you do it from the back in case you get any on the actual torso, which you probably will. If you do, whipe it off with a paper towel immediately, no hesitation, and do it in one swift stroke so the paper towel also doesn't glue to the back. Then if you glue the belt down as well it would also hide any mistake and glue residue you'd leave on the torso as well. Use liquid super glue, so it acts like water and runs down into the swivel joint. That's how I do it for all my loose waist swivels. Usually works. Unless it's way too loose. Then nothing works. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Bucky's belt is a sculpted part of his torso. Mine has a tiny gap like that but I never even noticed it before.

BTW - the worked blue leather on Bucky is really well done. Nice job, Hasbro!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”