Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words Prophet924 and Akatsuki!
Slixta wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:16 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 pm
Made some mods to Wanda to get her closer to how she looked in the show. Refixed the crown and gave her some new hair. Gave all the reds a black wash then and repainted in black lines and detailing missing. There's metallic red on the brighter details that actually has a slightly maroon tinge that doesn't pick up in many photo's, but you can see it better in the last one.

I LOVE what you did!

Is the hair a swap or did you make it?
Thanks Slixta! It started it's life as McFarlane WW84 Wonder Woman. I did have to cut it up to fit the crown and then did abit of resculpting.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Anyone know if these are shipping in solids to Target?

Just found 1X Sam & 2X Wanda...which I thought was odd, since Wanda seemed to sell out the fastest everywhere.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 am

I haven't seen a single one of these at retail. Are people seeing this wave in any significant numbers yet or are they just starting to hit?

Don't want the whole wave and am trying to decide if I should just pre-order Vision or bother looking for it in the store. On the fence about Wanda; I may wait and see if she's updated and re-released for Dr. Strange 2.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:38 pm

Found everybody but Wanda and Sam, however so far the wings are really underwhelming. The articulation on them feels far inferior to the likes of the Vulture wings and making them separate parts to be assembled doesn’t really give the level of poseability they deserve.

I really like the overall proportions of Bucky, best movie figure of him so far and finally with a decent ab crunch that doesn’t look like shit when bent forward. What feels missing though is that they didn’t give him a detachable arm.

I wish they had retooled the torso for Loki since he’s so phoned in, the unpainted shoulder harness looks lazy and this would have been a good opportunity to fix the neck on this larger suited body as it sucks for head swapping with other characters.

Zemo is probably my favourite but needs a holster for his gun and I wish all coated and jacketed figures came with swappable arms for an alt look the way Moira in the House of X has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
I haven't seen a single one of these at retail. Are people seeing this wave in any significant numbers yet or are they just starting to hit?

Don't want the whole wave and am trying to decide if I should just pre-order Vision or bother looking for it in the store. On the fence about Wanda; I may wait and see if she's updated and re-released for Dr. Strange 2.

They hit Target stores two weeks ago. I bought the whole wave at one Target on their street date of 6/1, but I knew beforehand it was already out on the pegs because I called three stores and one told me they were there.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Falling Downer wrote:

I've seen this wave mostly at Walmarts, where they've refreshed stock a few times, but also at my local Target. Anecdotally seems like Wanda and Vision are ones that sell most quickly but none of them hang around really except maybe the extra SamCap packed in each case.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Seen remnants of the wave a few times in stores, but I've never seen Wanda.

Bought Bucky to go with the Sam I got earlier. Pretty neat figure, weird that he doesn't have any firearms though. Also, isn't Sebastian Stan supposed to be taller than Anthony Mackie?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Also, isn't Sebastian Stan supposed to be taller than Anthony Mackie?

Stan is 5' 11", Mackie is 5' 10". They're close enough where either can look taller than the other depending upon shoes and posture, so I'd never quibble over their comparative size as action figures.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Falling Downer wrote:

I've only seen Bucky/Sam/Loki hanging on some pegs at some walmarts. but it's maybe been a week or 2
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 pm
Made some mods to Wanda to get her closer to how she looked in the show. Refixed the crown and gave her some new hair. Gave all the reds a black wash then and repainted in black lines and detailing missing. There's metallic red on the brighter details that actually has a slightly maroon tinge that doesn't pick up in many photo's, but you can see it better in the last one.

Wow!! This is exactly what I wanted her to look like!! She looks a thousand times better by making these few changes. Great job!! They need to put you on the team!! If she had come out looking like this it'd be my favorite Legend out of my whole 11 years of collecting!
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Got my shipping notification for the wave (minus Sam, who's still preparing) from Pulse. Apparently I ordered an extra Bucky, so I gotta go through the arduous process of contacting Pulse support. Ah, well. I'm stoked to have the wave. Been clearing room on my MCU Legends shelf for them.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm
supreme-d wrote:
Also, isn't Sebastian Stan supposed to be taller than Anthony Mackie?

Stan is 5' 11", Mackie is 5' 10". They're close enough where either can look taller than the other depending upon shoes and posture, so I'd never quibble over their comparative size as action figures.

Ah gotcha. Bucky always seemed taller than Sam in the show, so I guess I just assumed.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:14 pm

I ordered a set from GameStop, Loki and Captain Wilson came in one box, and the other box should have contained Vision, Zemo, Barnes, and Walker. Instead of Vision and Zemo, they sent Wanda and a HALO figure. The hell am I supposed to do with that?? I'd bring them to a GameStop store, but how do I convince them that what the fulfillment center sent was incorrect, even with the receipt?
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:36 pm

After getting screwed over a few times this year by Amazon, I decided to cancel most of my order with them and reordered through Dorkside, who currently has sets of seven and cases of eight in stock as of writing this.
Rawr993
Customized

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 am

NORM wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:14 pm
I ordered a set from GameStop, Loki and Captain Wilson came in one box, and the other box should have contained Vision, Zemo, Barnes, and Walker. Instead of Vision and Zemo, they sent Wanda and a HALO figure. The hell am I supposed to do with that?? I'd bring them to a GameStop store, but how do I convince them that what the fulfillment center sent was incorrect, even with the receipt?
Instead of going in could you call a store near you & just explain the situation at that you have the receipt & ask how to exchange the figures for what you ordered?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”