Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

Fri May 07, 2021 3:58 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 am
sepster wrote:It's like the trades are reading theFwoosh:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marve ... #gs.06qpd0

"Marvel does want to bring back the characters from the show, but will treat them as new to audiences," the site claims. "It will essentially be a soft reboot of the property and characters that will act as a tip of the hat to old fans while being completely accessible to anyone who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
Lol more like we've just been following media reports Image

As much as her voice can be a little annoying ive grown to really trust Grace Randolph with beyond the trailer on YouTube. She tends to have pretty reliable sources and tends to know what she's talking about.

Shes been saying all this for a while

[Edit] not about AoS but about netflix.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Daredevil would be their safest bet. It's easily the best received superhero TV series. Only competition perhaps being Amazon's The Boys, and most recently Invincible.

Season 3 really ties up most of the loose ends. An MCU Daredevil movie could really be separate, but still not conflict with the TV show.

A logical place to start would be 7 years later, Vanessa and her son are killed by a superpowered version of Bullseye (in full costume), and this brings Fisk (D'onofrio), and 'Murdock, Nelson and Paige' back into the fold.

And like I said earlier, introduce a new character as the audience POV who learns about Hell's Kitchen and Daredevil as if encountering them for the first time.

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear. Phase 5. They recently got the rights back. Make it happen Feige! :twisted:
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:12 am

It's really not difficult to tell an entire story while treating the Netflix stuff like backstory. It happened and it's simple enough to refer to that stuff while not relying entirely on it to tell the new chapter. No story starts at the beginning, otherwise Iron Man would have shown Tony's entire upbringing. But you get the sense of his relationship with his dad through a few scenes in the movie. I've honestly never seen any problem with Marvel Studios doing a show or movie with that version of Matt Murdock and the same supporting cast and even picking up EXACTLY where season 3 left off, while still creating a perfect jumping-on point. Any decent writer can handle that.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 am

I'd prefer they not reference the shows. I don't want an origin and I don't need them to actively go against the shows either I'd just prefer they were entirely different versions of the characters
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:12 am
It's really not difficult to tell an entire story while treating the Netflix stuff like backstory. It happened and it's simple enough to refer to that stuff while not relying entirely on it to tell the new chapter. No story starts at the beginning, otherwise Iron Man would have shown Tony's entire upbringing. But you get the sense of his relationship with his dad through a few scenes in the movie. I've honestly never seen any problem with Marvel Studios doing a show or movie with that version of Matt Murdock and the same supporting cast and even picking up EXACTLY where season 3 left off, while still creating a perfect jumping-on point. Any decent writer can handle that.
They could.

However, keeping it vague in a way that doesn't contradict, or acknowledge the Netflix shows is probably the best way to do it under these circumstances.

The only part that wouldn't work is Elektra. Her story was basically told during the Netflix universe saga. So MM would need another love interest.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 am

Still see that as an easy thing to do. It's like with Star Wars: they acknowledge what came before but never give any details about it. You still get a solid idea of what happened despite that while the story of "now" is the main concern. (I'm talking about the original.)

I also don't see why Elektra couldn't come back. She clearly survived as well and can still be out there. They still have a history that doesn't need to be painstakingly laid out but rather acknowledged through a few lines of dialogue and the performance. I don't even mean blatantly "we were in a cave in under the city" etc. Just acknowledging that she keeps surviving and move on with what the current story is. And of course Matt has plenty of romantic options to focus on in a new story but Elektra being that dangerous ex is still too ripe a plot point to totally abandon.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 8:06 pm

They already did her infamous Hand resurrection plot though, so it would seem like treading too much on familiar territory. There isn't much more she could bring to the table that we didn't get in S2 and Defenders.

Exploring Matt's tragic relationship with Karen Page organically seems like the next thing.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 8:17 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:06 pm
They already did her infamous Hand resurrection plot though, so it would seem like treading too much on familiar territory. There isn't much more she could bring to the table that we didn't get in S2 and Defenders.

Exploring Matt's tragic relationship with Karen Page organically seems like the next thing.
She did have other plots beyond her resurrection, and she doesn't need to be resurrected since she likely survived the cave-in like Matt.

Also, if they do a movie then yeah, likely the Karen Page plot would take the forefront, but another series could easily juggle Karen and anything Elektra brings to the plot.

If nothing else, I wouldn't balk at Elektra being part of the Thunderbolts alongside Punisher, Red Hulk, and Deadpool.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm

Thunderbolts would be a god-tier team if Deadpool was on it, lol. Feige needs to keep DP in his own pocket '4th wall breaking' reality.

But I do like the idea of the Bernthal Punisher teaming up with Zemo, Walker and Taskmaster.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 pm

Elektra would fit in damn well there. She's such a psychopath.

I really felt for Matt in that season because my most notorious ex was a psycho... I mean, she wasn't a murderer or made any attempts to get me to become one...nor did she make any attempts at getting me over my own issues, violently or otherwise... but despite her shortcomings, it was difficult to finally quit letting her come back around. Basically, I get it. but I also found that version of the character far more interesting than most of the people watching, apparently.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 9:43 pm

If rumors are to be believed, Hannah John-Kamen's Ghost character will be the 'psycho female' of the Thunderbolts. We'll see what comes to pass.

They gotta make it drastically different from Suicide Squad. I suspect Gunn's semi-reboot of Suicide Squad will be received quite well.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Sure, but Elektra is a different type of psychopath from both Ghost or someone like Harley Quinn.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 09, 2021 3:29 am

I'd say it's near impossible Feige would put Elektra on Thunderbolts. Especially when he already has so many characters from his own MCU that would work perfectly for it.

Zemo is inevitable. They tweaked his character to fit onto a zany team like Thunderbolts quite well; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zmBRG5w2g
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 am

Is Thunderbolts zany? Honestly, I never read it until the Dark Reign period. Maybe they were zany before that, but I saw them as pretty dark.

And sure, I agree it's pretty unlikely she will end up in (at least the initial) Thunderbolts line-up, but this is what I was thinking of:
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:05 am

Also, as far as zany goes, my favorite period in Justice League is the zany one where they were stuck with a team of C and D grade heroes, and probably one B grade, who were all ridiculous... And Batman. So having that one serious character who has to sneer and demand they get serious really worked well. Not that Elektra would be that role, but it doesn't hurt to have a 'zany' team with one or two serious characters to call nonsense on everything, even if figuratively rather than literally.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:30 am

I would love for them to redo that Punisher. I love the look but the old one is... not the best.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics