Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 1 Spring/Summer 2021 - (Captain America Wings BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 4:39 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:Its a slippery slope, I think DD's are perfect and Punisher could easily go without any of his, Jessica Jones though... while I liked Trish, she's alot of weight and there's quite alot that could of been handled better with her, but she's the only one that I would even care about or not coming back from her supporting cast (since purpleman is dead)

It just sucks that they don't seem favorable to Cage. And if you bring cage back, might as well bring Danny.

Its all a bit conflicting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think the possible recast of Luke Cage was more because of his schedule and new obligations because of his new show. Luke Cage did fairly well as far as viewership. I vaguely remember the critics liking most of it until the end of season 1, and then seasons 2 was a little worse, but not awful. But Mike did a great job as Luke Cage, and I'm sure he'd be back if it wasn't for his newer commitments. Possibly a contract thing, but may just be more of a time and scheduling thing. After Netflix cancelled the show Mike even posted something on his Instagram on Twitter or some dumb social media outlet that said even though the show is over that wasn't the last you'll see of Luke Cage, or something to that effect. Basically alluding to something else being in the pipeline with him reprising the role. The thought online was maybe an Iron Fist/Luke Cage duo series. But that never came about.

Finn Jones didn't do bad as Iron Fist. But the writing wasn't the best. So he had to work with what was put in front of him. I personally enjoyed Colleen alot in that show. She was the highlight imo. And Misty wasn't terrible throughout all the series. I enjoyed her as well. But I can see why they would recast both of them.

But Punisher was fantastic. Daredevil was fantastic. And most of Jessica Jones was pretty up there. There were a few parts that were meh but as a whole I enjoyed it. So it makes sense as to why all of those actors would come back. And Kingpin. That was just phenomenal. I lived the entire arc. Just watching him progress and change. It was probably my favorite part honestly. And then Rosario Dawson. But that's just cause I'm in love with her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
considering we arn't anywhere likely near getting a luke cage movie or Disney + appearance yet, i don't think his TV show scheduling (or misty's) is the current issue. i'd agree if something was coming soon, but i think it's pretty obvious they'd do a DD film or series first. Right now DD/JJ/KP are just rumored for small cameo's... which is pretty easy to work around a TV schedule.
That's true. I just can't really think of any other reason to not bring Mike back though. He did a great job. And he enjoyed doing the role. He was very proud of it. And the ground it was breaking. So it's more of a logic thing then anything else.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:43 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:39 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
I think the possible recast of Luke Cage was more because of his schedule and new obligations because of his new show. Luke Cage did fairly well as far as viewership. I vaguely remember the critics liking most of it until the end of season 1, and then seasons 2 was a little worse, but not awful. But Mike did a great job as Luke Cage, and I'm sure he'd be back if it wasn't for his newer commitments. Possibly a contract thing, but may just be more of a time and scheduling thing. After Netflix cancelled the show Mike even posted something on his Instagram on Twitter or some dumb social media outlet that said even though the show is over that wasn't the last you'll see of Luke Cage, or something to that effect. Basically alluding to something else being in the pipeline with him reprising the role. The thought online was maybe an Iron Fist/Luke Cage duo series. But that never came about.

Finn Jones didn't do bad as Iron Fist. But the writing wasn't the best. So he had to work with what was put in front of him. I personally enjoyed Colleen alot in that show. She was the highlight imo. And Misty wasn't terrible throughout all the series. I enjoyed her as well. But I can see why they would recast both of them.

But Punisher was fantastic. Daredevil was fantastic. And most of Jessica Jones was pretty up there. There were a few parts that were meh but as a whole I enjoyed it. So it makes sense as to why all of those actors would come back. And Kingpin. That was just phenomenal. I lived the entire arc. Just watching him progress and change. It was probably my favorite part honestly. And then Rosario Dawson. But that's just cause I'm in love with her.

considering we arn't anywhere likely near getting a luke cage movie or Disney + appearance yet, i don't think his TV show scheduling (or misty's) is the current issue. i'd agree if something was coming soon, but i think it's pretty obvious they'd do a DD film or series first. Right now DD/JJ/KP are just rumored for small cameo's... which is pretty easy to work around a TV schedule.
That's true. I just can't really think of any other reason to not bring Mike back though. He did a great job. And he enjoyed doing the role. He was very proud of it. And the ground it was breaking. So it's more of a logic thing then anything else.

i'm not sure either, but he just supposedly isn't one Feige's radar, maybe because of Ironfist? idk... but i thought he worked well with jessica too
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Yeah. I'm all for Mike Colter and Krysten Ritter coming back, as a package deal. Just have their characters be a married superhero couple without directly referencing the Netflix shows. Enough years have passed.

No need for Misty Knight, Colleen etc, there are enough other Marvel Comics characters that could fill those roles.

IMO Daredevil is the only one with Cinematic franchise potential though. Even with Orson Randall, Iron Fist would be too similar to the Shangchi franchise.

Trunks3540 wrote:
But Punisher was fantastic.
Here's where we disagree. John Bernthal's performance was great but he wasn't the Punisher for most of the series. In my eyes, Frank Castle's humanity died when his family was killed. Bernthal's character still hung onto his humanity. He was downright likeable. He laughed, bonded with people, felt the need for love. It wasn't until the last few minutes of season 2 did he really become the Punisher in my opinion. Narrative wise I get why the show doesn't want to portray Frank as an emotionless killing machine but that's essentially what the Punisher is.

In any case, I'm for most of the Netflix characters coming back (mainly because I don't want to buy replacement figures for them :lol: )

If anything Bernthal's Punisher will be more likeable and human during Feige's reintroduction of him. He's gonna be charming and have emotions.

And that's probably a good thing. It's the Marvel Studios formula for making these characters work well for the mainstream masses.

If you take the 'Zack Snyder' edgelord approach with Frank, you'll find most general audiences will reject it.. like BVS.

And you'll have to buy replacement figures regardless, because they definitely won't look the same when they reappear in the MCU :lol:
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 pm

The MCU largely gives everyone new looks every movie and such, so yeah of course they will look different. But that's no different than any other project or character
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 6:31 pm

Yup. I'll even wager Mackie will have a very different Captain America suit in CA4. It will probably look much more cinematic and less cosplay.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 pm

And hopefully not have a cowl that has to cleaned up with CGI every time he moves his head to prevent gappage. Those kind of minor beauty fixes add up FAST.

Couldn’t believe that part of the Assembled Maling Of doc.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 pm

It's like the trades are reading theFwoosh:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marve ... #gs.06qpd0

"Marvel does want to bring back the characters from the show, but will treat them as new to audiences," the site claims. "It will essentially be a soft reboot of the property and characters that will act as a tip of the hat to old fans while being completely accessible to anyone who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 pm

"Trades" is misleading though. Isn't that just a rumor site they're quoting from? Not to say it isn't true but I'm not getting excited about it yet.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Haha yeah. Comicbookmovie and GiantFreakinRobot make up fake news.

Reliable trades would be Hollywoodreporter, Variety, TheWrap, etc

That being said, this isn't gonna be reported in the trades. Seems like Feige is going to quietly shove these shows into the 'Marvel Legacy' non-canon library and move on.
Rawr993
Customized

Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 am

JPC wrote:
And hopefully not have a cowl that has to cleaned up with CGI every time he moves his head to prevent gappage. Those kind of minor beauty fixes add up FAST.

I think thats the only part i want changed in his costume make the collar of his neck seperate from his googles and have it similar to how he’s previously had them.

I just saw in hand images of lady deathstrike and how theyve done her arms is similar to how I imagine they’ll do an agatha figure if they ever make one of her.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 am

I feel comicbookmovie has a pretty good track record. It seems most things they report turn out to be based on something legitimate.

Cosmicbooknews is the one I find to be more often than not clickbait garbage.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 1:43 am

sepster wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 am
I feel comicbookmovie has a pretty good track record. It seems most things they report turn out to be based on something legitimate.

I want to agree with you, but I've personally contributed to CBM (an article showing how The Winter Soldier is just like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I'll gladly detail the parallels for anyone who is interested), so I know how easy it is (at least used to be) to post an article for literally anybody off the street.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 am

sepster wrote:It's like the trades are reading theFwoosh:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marve ... #gs.06qpd0

"Marvel does want to bring back the characters from the show, but will treat them as new to audiences," the site claims. "It will essentially be a soft reboot of the property and characters that will act as a tip of the hat to old fans while being completely accessible to anyone who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
Lol more like we've just been following media reports Image

As much as her voice can be a little annoying ive grown to really trust Grace Randolph with beyond the trailer on YouTube. She tends to have pretty reliable sources and tends to know what she's talking about.

Shes been saying all this for a while

[Edit] not about AoS but about netflix.

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 am

JPC wrote:

Wait until you get to the part where they reveal that Anthony Mackie can't really fly.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:12 am

sepster wrote:I feel comicbookmovie has a pretty good track record. It seems most things they report turn out to be based on something legitimate.

^ this is true

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”