Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:46 pm
I’m wondering if she’ll suffer from potential reuse. There’s a character in the film dressed similar to her but in green maybe a 2-pack character or something hasbro kept in mind for potential reuse.
I really hope they make Jiang Li. The actress is beautiful and rumor has it she will have a good role in the film.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:55 pm

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Lost Shang Chi Wave Discussion

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:40 am

This has nothing to do with the Ursa Major wave but I just opened my A.I. Tony stark and my suspicions were confirmed. The original red and gold 80th Anniversary variant is much nicer than the red and yellow on the new version. It’s such an unnatural shade of yellow that it almost looks like the armor was corroded or covered in lime. Not to mention there is no depth or shading on the figure, and the gold just does a better job of capturing those details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:40 am

panther10 wrote:
This has nothing to do with the Ursa Major wave but I just opened my A.I. Tony stark and my suspicions were confirmed. The original red and gold 80th Anniversary variant is much nicer than the red and yellow on the new version. It’s such an unnatural shade of yellow that it almost looks like the armor was corroded or covered in lime. Not to mention there is no depth or shading on the figure, and the gold just does a better job of capturing those details.

but seriously, I do agree that the sculpt details get washed out in the yellow of the plastic.
panther10

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
panther10 wrote:

but seriously, I do agree that the sculpt details get washed out in the yellow of the plastic.
You can disagree with me if you like, but I just feel on a personal level that the gold looks much more appropriate on the suit. Plus this armor is fairly prototypical in its design and it needs all the help it can get for it to be on par with the other armors. The metallic paint just makes this design look a little more polished and new feeling. I know it’s not the most comic accurate, but it’s more aesthetically pleasing and that’s just fine for my needs.

Mark_Bowen
Super Poseable

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 am

panther10 wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
panther10 wrote:
You can disagree with me if you like, but I just feel on a personal level that the gold looks much more appropriate on the suit. Plus this armor is fairly prototypical in its design and it needs all the help it can get for it to be on par with the other armors. The metallic paint just makes this design look a little more polished and new feeling. I know it’s not the most comic accurate, but it’s more aesthetically pleasing and that’s just fine for my needs.
How about metallic yellow as a compromise? This is the 80th anniversary with 2020's limbs (poorly) ’shopped onto it. It'd be my preferred look, if no one else's.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:07 am

This head sculpt smaller than the one that came in the wave. I was hoping it would be around the Gamerverse Joe Fixit Hulk size or Thanos' size.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Lost Shang Chi Talk

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:12 am

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:48 am
panther10 wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
How about metallic yellow as a compromise? This is the 80th anniversary with 2020's limbs (poorly) ’shopped onto it. It'd be my preferred look, if no one else's.
I've used the Bowen Modular Iron Man statue as the perfect middle ground for me. The 2020 limbs would do a decent job of capturing that.

panther10

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:45 am

I do like the gold much better on the 2020 figure but I only have one of those so I won’t be doing any part swapping. I have no idea is to remove the shoulders from the torso since these figures don’t come with butterfly joints. If I ever want to paint iron man in the future I’ll have to find a shade of metallic bright golden yellow.

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:28 am

Saw 10 of the Iron Man figure in the pegs at Target. Besides him, I’ve only ever seen Mandarin and Shang Chi from the wave at this Target. Are the new waves packed in single character cases?
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 pm

I too have seen a boat load of A.I. Iron Man at Target. I counted over 30 of just him between multiple Targets. Anyhow I got Xialing today with my Gamestop gift card Father's Day present-my family knows me so well. Why is it every time I am testing out the articulation I am trying to see if they can kick their own ass....DAMN YOU ROBO!!!!!!! I really think these are the best MCU figures to date. Can't wait for the movie in September.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 pm

Sgt. Stinky wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 pm
I too have seen a boat load of A.I. Iron Man at Target. I counted over 30 of just him between multiple Targets. Anyhow I got Xialing today with my Gamestop gift card Father's Day present-my family knows me so well. Why is it every time I am testing out the articulation I am trying to see if they can kick their own ass....DAMN YOU ROBO!!!!!!! I really think these are the best MCU figures to date. Can't wait for the movie in September.
Yeah i went to my target today and they had like 6-7 AI Iron Men. Still a lot of Katy and a few Shang-Chi's as well but that Iron Man figure is really piling up. Guess there just isn't that much nostalgia for the old secret wars figure (or the comic color scheme back in the day).

Maybe they should've included an alternate 'classic' head for hyde with the katy figure, but of course they couldn't anticipate that the figures would come out so far ahead of the movie. Still wondering if there will be a WM exclusive for Shang-chi, maybe for once walmart's tendancy to be like 5 months behind in getting exclusives into stores will work in their favor.
warlock664
Customized

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:51 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but… where did the alternate head for Hyde come from?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm

I really thought that Iron Man was going to be a hot item. I almost purchased two when he first dropped thinking the second one would be a good one to hang onto as an investment. So glad I cancelled that second one.

Sometimes you really can't tell who's going to be popular. Or maybe we are just Iron Maned out.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:27 pm

warlock664 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:51 pm
Boy Wonder wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but… where did the alternate head for Hyde come from?
IBentMyManThing here on the board

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics