Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
sdooner
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm

Thanks, I used a square of green foam rubber from Michael’s. It is flexible and does allow his arms to move.

I cut the foam rubber in a Victorian cape pattern that I found on Google (used a China saucer to make a perfect circle and quarter for the neck hole).

I then trained the foam rubber down into the drooped cape shape with an elastic and a hair-dryer, but it still did not hang down like I wanted it to. To my great pleasure, once I painted the foam rubber with a mix of green and black acrylic paint, it stiffened slightly upon drying. After only one more training session with an elastic, it stayed in the desired position permanently.

I also took care not to damage any of the original parts, so I can remove his hair and put his hat back on if I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 11:30 am

I am really on the fence now I’ve got this wave.

I thought I would want and keep all the single figs and trade/pass on Hyde as I had a notion to kitbash a version of him from Joe Fixit and other parts, but in hand the movie figs all feel a bit off and I like Hyde and the non movie figs more.

Shang Chi feels a back step in articulation for not having butterfly shoulders and the rotten socket neck. Not as bad as movie Venom but not great range.

Katy is a human traffic cone, very underwhelming but I had a feeling I’d be turning her into an Awkwafina custom anyway.

Death Dealer and Wenwu are just not fun to pose with their costume designs, I didn’t like the movie Antman body anyway but this is more restricted.

Xialing reminds me too much of Cate Blanchett in Indy 4, and her most of all I have no context for so until I see the movie this wave feels wierdly anticlimactic to get all at once when usually I never manage to get a whole wave in one swoop.

Hyde is growing on me mostly due to the great hand detail, needs more paint to accentuate it though. I’m wondering if I can transplant hair from outback hulk onto him

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Finally unboxed the Xialing and Katy I impulse bought on Target and also think Xialing looks like Cate Blanchett in Indy 4! I'm surprised you're the first person I've seen compare her to Irina Spalko because she really does resemble her. Mine's face print is blurry, which probably doesn't help.

Also agree - now that I've seen a few of these in-person, they don't wow me. I don't really see Simu in the Shang-Chi portrait. I think it's that his eyebrows are brown and not black, which is an odd choice, and his upper lip is too full (though that may be a face printing issue).
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm

I think Xialing could pair well with Akiko from the upcoming Snake-Eyes line. Maybe they can both be disciples for Storm Shadow.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 8:05 pm

I am a big fan of these movie figs. Yeah, some articulation limitations, but most of that is costume design based and not really avoidable. I am happy
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 2:55 pm

kailryu wrote:

Hyde is growing on me mostly due to the great hand detail, needs more paint to accentuate it though. I’m wondering if I can transplant hair from outback hulk onto himImage

Thanks for the idea! I think it looks okay, but would need some slicing of the towering peg they used to hold his hat on. What do you think? Worth the paint?
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Dorkside has Hyde in stock if anyone is interested.

https://dorksidetoys.com/products/marve ... -pre-order

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

tru48082
Customized

Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote: Dorkside has Hyde in stock if anyone is interested.

I can't get past shipping to payment. He is the only thing I am purchasing and he shows as in-stock. What am I doing wrong?
tru48082
Customized

Thu May 13, 2021 10:34 pm

Nevermind! I figured it out. Thanks for the heads-up!
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 pm

tru48082 wrote:Nevermind! I figured it out. Thanks for the heads-up!
No problemo, you're welcome! Looks like he's sold out again.

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 12:11 am

featofstrength wrote:
kailryu wrote:

Hyde is growing on me mostly due to the great hand detail, needs more paint to accentuate it though. I’m wondering if I can transplant hair from outback hulk onto himImage

Thanks for the idea! I think it looks okay, but would need some slicing of the towering peg they used to hold his hat on. What do you think? Worth the paint?
Ooh that looks great!

It’s decided then, I’m glad I kept those hulk heads! Thanks for the pics!

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun May 16, 2021 5:53 pm

I know several people are making great customized versions of AI Tony to make a perfect Classic comic colors Iron Man. And those customs look awesome.

But I am rewatching Avengers-Earth’s Mightiest Heroes with my kids, and Iron Man has the blue eyes in the face plate and a blue uni-beam and chest nodes, just like the figure. So I appreciate the colors on the figure as is, too!

MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 16, 2021 7:02 pm

Saw 2 of the Armored Caps, and Two Iron Men today along with Weneu, Shang-Chi and Xialing. Grabbed a Shang-Chi and couldn't be happier that I did, wish I would have got Xialing and Wenwu but it twas only a grocery run lol.

It anyone desperately need the Hyde part (I think its pretty readily available though) I'd be happy to send it out to ya.
MLNUT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Sorry if I might of missed it but is Benty selling those Mr. Hyde head customs he showed a while back? Thanks.
Doctor Doom
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon May 24, 2021 12:57 am

MLNUT wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Sorry if I might of missed it but is Benty selling those Mr. Hyde head customs he showed a while back? Thanks.
Been waiting with bated breath myself ;)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”