Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sun May 09, 2021 4:07 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:43 pm
Fly4v wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 pm
Or do you ascribe to and support "from each according to ability, to each according to need?”
Uhhh . . . what would be the problem with that? Do you work for J Edgar Hoover or something? Pretty uncool to wave around “Red Scare” nonsense in a thread about toys for the first headlining cinematic Chinese Marvel hero.

Meanwhile, for people who are not still stuck in Pleasantville:

In addition to hand-swapping Civil Warrior for some Iron Man hands, I also replaced the rapidly-stress-marking shield clip with some elastic. Not only is the shield more secure (and less break-y), but it adjusts nicely on his wrist for posing. I really dig this toy.
Pics of the shield mod please.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm

I can't get over how good the Shang Chi figures are.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:31 pm

Grouch wrote:
aceofknaves wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
Or do you ascribe to and support "from each according to ability, to each according to need?”
Uhhh . . . what would be the problem with that? Do you work for J Edgar Hoover or something? Pretty uncool to wave around “Red Scare” nonsense in a thread about toys for the first headlining cinematic Chinese Marvel hero.

In addition to hand-swapping Civil Warrior for some Iron Man hands, I also replaced the rapidly-stress-marking shield clip with some elastic. Not only is the shield more secure (and less break-y), but it adjusts nicely on his wrist for posing. I really dig this toy.
Pics of the shield mod please.
Here you go!

Pretty rough-and-dirty: two loops of small-bore elastic, tied off with a little superglue at the knots, then just slid it on the wrist and popped on the hand. Totally removable and very easy to pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mister garbage
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Was just asking for shield mod ideas in the Customs Workbench. Thanks for this.

Such a cheap plastic, Hasbro. For shame. I have like half a dozen to fix.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:54 pm

mister garbage wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Was just asking for shield mod ideas in the Customs Workbench. Thanks for this.

Such a cheap plastic, Hasbro. For shame. I have like half a dozen to fix.
Yeah, I’m gonna dig out my left-for-dead Hydra Supreme shield and do this mod on it, too. Might reconsider all the MCU Cap shields I stole from their original owners to give to comic Caps to circumvent this problem, as well, although I tend to prefer the sculpted details and larger size of the MCU shields.

I should mention that it is uniquely easy to use this mod on the Civil Warrior shield because it has a soft-plastic insert on the back of the shield into which the clip is set, so the clip can be pulled out with no heat nor modification of any kind. So I can just snip the elastic, pop back in the clip, and have it “mint” in seconds should I chose to do so. Which I won’t, but it’s nice to have the option.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 pm

Fly4v wrote:
aceofknaves wrote:
Uhhh . . . what would be the problem with that?
Nothing is wrong with thoughts, ideas or beliefs. I do not fear differing ideas. It establishes the basis of the thought process to justify different pricing based on a affluence of the neighborhood.
aceofknaves wrote:
Do you work for J Edgar Hoover or something?
Or Something.
aceofknaves wrote:
Pretty uncool to wave around “Red Scare” nonsense in a thread about toys for the first headlining cinematic Chinese Marvel hero.
I did not bring up "Red Scare" or an uncool nature, you introduced those concepts.
Karl Heinrich Marx was a German and Marx being German has no relevance either.
There is absolutely nothing anti-Chinese in my post so save that nonsense.
aceofknaves wrote:

Pleasantville was an excellent movie with valuable lessons.
Yet those lessons are not as valuable or pertinent here as your modifications to Civil Warrior's shield.

Thank you for posting your example to improve the shield as previously stated this question was raised in a different tread.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Yet those lessons are not as valuable or pertinent here as your modifications to Civil Warrior's shield.
Spoken like someone who completely missed the point of the film, as well as . . . other things.

Hope the free market allows you to buy the materials needed for the mod, cowboy.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 pm
Fly4v wrote:
Spoken like someone who completely missed the point of the film, as well as . . . other things.

Hope the free market allows you to buy the materials needed for the mod, cowboy.
Well I thought the lesson of the film was anti-McCarthyism or at least fearful reactions to differing ideas.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 2:34 am

I absolutely can not wait to see how this Shang Chi action figure discussion will play out. CAN. NOT. WAIT.
thor333us
CROM!

Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 am

WickedFrontier wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm
I'm really on the fence about getting that new Iron Man. The colours just scream classic to me, and I love that, but since I do have the 80th years one, I don't know if it's just the "new toy syndrome".

On the other hand, I would have to paint the arc reactor as well as the eyes and mouth, and I have never done any kind of customizing. I know it's such a simple mod but...

But man, do I love those colours. Decisions, decisions...
80th iron mans face wouldn't come off for me but this guy said he got it off on the new one. The eyes are part of the red half make it easier to paint.
I use model master acrylic it was discontinued but you still find it for a while, maybe chrome yellow but prime with light flesh or white or light grey first
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 3:14 pm

thor333us wrote:
WickedFrontier wrote:
I'm really on the fence about getting that new Iron Man. The colours just scream classic to me, and I love that, but since I do have the 80th years one, I don't know if it's just the "new toy syndrome".

On the other hand, I would have to paint the arc reactor as well as the eyes and mouth, and I have never done any kind of customizing. I know it's such a simple mod but...

80th iron mans face wouldn't come off for me but this guy said he got it off on the new one. The eyes are part of the red half make it easier to paint.
I use model master acrylic it was discontinued but you still find it for a while, maybe chrome yellow but prime with light flesh or white or light grey first
My first A.I.ron Man came off without any issues. My second 2 A.I.ron Man figures wouldn't budge for anything.
WickedFrontier
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 pm

thor333us wrote:
WickedFrontier wrote:

Thank you so much! I'll have to try that!
sdooner
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Never tried to make hair before. Had to give it a try:

sdooner
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 11, 2021 4:40 pm

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 pm

sdooner wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Looks good! The shawl/cape thing looks great too - what's it made of? It seems like you did a good job matching the paint.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”