Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
SmellySmell
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 12:12 am

Have no idea why my local target charging $24.49 for figures in this wave. Good thing I wasn't really interested in this wave.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 am

Depending on where you shop, Target increases the prices in more affluent areas. You can price match to Target.com, but it's a really gross practice.
User avatar
Fly4v
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 am

JPC wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 am
Depending on where you shop, Target increases the prices in more affluent areas. You can price match to Target.com, but it's a really gross practice.
Or just order and shop from somewhere else.
User avatar
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm

How easy is it to get the face plate off iron man to paint the eyes and mouth black? Does it pop off if you use hot water?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 am
JPC wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 am
Depending on where you shop, Target increases the prices in more affluent areas. You can price match to Target.com, but it's a really gross practice.
Or just order and shop from somewhere else.
What an unnecessary, unkind and uninformed contribution.
User avatar
Fly4v
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 pm

JPC wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Fly4v wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 am
JPC wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 am
Depending on where you shop, Target increases the prices in more affluent areas. You can price match to Target.com, but it's a really gross practice.
Or just order and shop from somewhere else.
What an unnecessary, unkind and uninformed contribution.
More relevant than your response.
Or do you ascribe to and support "from each according to ability, to each according to need?"

Companies that engage in different pricing based on the supposed affluence of the customer are the ones engaged in "unkind and uninformed" behavior and considering the products in question are "unnecessary", as a consumer, I choose to take my business elsewhere.

Why should people in a nicer neighborhood pay more for the same product from the same store? Assuming that shipping cost is not the factor. :evil:

My local Target upped the prices since I was last there. The Shang Chi white dragon went up in price $5. They had two in stock along with one 12 inch figure and a couple of ring shooters. Nothing else.

It would be interesting to see the sales numbers of this wave since the movie is not out. I guess the majority of purchases would be M.L. collectors, Shang Chi fans and people that like the appearance of the toys.

Would Hasbro release more figures and the stores restock more when the movie is in theaters?
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 9764
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Theoretically, real estate costs more in higher income areas, which may explain the fluctuation in pricing from Target to Target. I think the higher prices are often in newer Targets instead of older ones.
User avatar
Fly4v
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Fri May 07, 2021 1:03 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm
Theoretically, real estate costs more in higher income areas, which may explain the fluctuation in pricing from Target to Target. I think the higher prices are often in newer Targets instead of older ones.
So too, would the taxes unless they were offered an incentive. :(

Hopefully, there isn't a plan to develop New Target smell. Every store will get to charge higher prices. :lol:
User avatar
Freedom Fighter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 am

Though it should be noted that I've had my best luck finding this wave at Walmart.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 38981
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Fri May 07, 2021 1:17 am

Today I spotted these at both Walmart and Target. At the first Walmart, someone had swapped the Hyde torso from the Xialing package for a broken Toy Biz Abomination torso. At none of these stores, did I see a Death Dealer. Him being one per case and a possible crossover comic character might be the draw. Xialing is the second to disappear. I've seen lots of Wenwu, Shang Chi, A-Iron Man, some Civil Warrior. Katy sticks around too.
User avatar
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am

elvis8batman wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm
How easy is it to get the face plate off iron man to paint the eyes and mouth black? Does it pop off if you use hot water?
Just bumping this hoping someone can answer.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sun May 09, 2021 4:26 am

elvis8batman wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am
elvis8batman wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm
How easy is it to get the face plate off iron man to paint the eyes and mouth black? Does it pop off if you use hot water?
Just bumping this hoping someone can answer.
Why pop the face plate at all? A small brush, some cheap black acrylic, and a paper towel for clean up worked fine for me.
User avatar
Toonstrack
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 am

Managed to find a xialing that apparently was a cancelled/returned online order but hadn't been opened. Got her for 14 bucks.
User avatar
WickedFrontier
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Spain
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm

I'm really on the fence about getting that new Iron Man. The colours just scream classic to me, and I love that, but since I do have the 80th years one, I don't know if it's just the "new toy syndrome".

On the other hand, I would have to paint the arc reactor as well as the eyes and mouth, and I have never done any kind of customizing. I know it's such a simple mod but...

But man, do I love those colours. Decisions, decisions...
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The Valley, SoCal
Posts: 4524
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Sun May 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 pm
Or do you ascribe to and support "from each according to ability, to each according to need?”
Uhhh . . . what would be the problem with that? Do you work for J Edgar Hoover or something? Pretty uncool to wave around “Red Scare” nonsense in a thread about toys for the first headlining cinematic Chinese Marvel hero.

Meanwhile, for people who are not still stuck in Pleasantville:

In addition to hand-swapping Civil Warrior for some Iron Man hands, I also replaced the rapidly-stress-marking shield clip with some elastic. Not only is the shield more secure (and less break-y), but it adjusts nicely on his wrist for posing. I really dig this toy.
Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”