Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: Shang Chi Legends - 2021 (Mr Hyde BaF)

Mon May 03, 2021 3:58 am

Got the whole wave from Dorkside. Already mentioned how much I love AI Tony and Civil Warrior—they are awesome!

Very impressed with the MCU figures. Excellent face sculpts and face printing on all of them!

Shang Chi—Great likeness and excellent range of motion. This figure is a pleasure to pose. One thing I like about all the MCU figures in this wave is that they seem to have better ankle range of motion than normal. Helps for deeper stances. Really like it. All the hand options are cool. Those unique hands are for mantis style king fu, right?

Death Dealer—Love this character design-it’s so striking aesthetically. Really like the knife holding and knife throwing hands! Poseability is pretty good, and the tunic is made of soft enough plastic to get out of the way of the legs. Upper torso is limited in range unfortunately.

Xialing—Beautiful face sculpt and face printing! Such fun to pose this figure. She’s got to have some of the best range of motion of any female figure. Love the costume, too. Easily one of my favorite female Marvel Legends figures now. Hope she’s cool in the movie.

Wenwu—So cool to have such an accurate head sculpt for Tony Leung. I’ve been a fan of his for years. This figure looks fantastic. Upper body has great range. Too bad his hip range of motion is inhibited by his costume. Anybody try modding it? Tempting to pick up a second to remove the lower torso overlay to get more leg range.

BAF Mr. Hyde— I would have preferred a classic look for him, but I like this modern design, too. Crazy head sculpt packed with personality. Nice articulation for a big guy in a suit! I’m pleasantly surprised. Pretty good for a brawler like Hyde.

Overall, I’m loving this entire wave! Really strong wave for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Left Field
Veteran Slugger
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sorry if the Beer Cheese Dip has a bit of a "Wang" to it.

Mon May 03, 2021 5:14 am

Akat - just cut off the pee flap on the Wen Wu figure makes a world of difference. I used an xacto, pretty easy.
Akatsuki

Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 am

Left Field wrote:Akat - just cut off the pee flap on the Wen Wu figure makes a world of difference. I used an xacto, pretty easy.
Cool. Thanks!

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 6:09 pm

I’ve seen all of these figures in store except for Death Dealer. Really cool to be getting a wave of (mostly) characters from this movie, and they look good to me. If I collected movie figures, I would have bought them all (the movie figures, that is).

I’m a bit worried that this movie doesn't come out until September though. I hope the presence of Katy on shelves doesn’t sour retailers from selling figures of supporting characters from the films. I know others have said that pegwarmers are due to certain demographics (minorities and women usually) inherently not being as appealing to customers buying action figures. While I disagree with the reasoning, I dont want to raise the issue for discussion here. Just hope that asian women characters aren’t thought of as a “waste of a slot” in the likely chance that Katy figures don’t move as quickly until the movie is released.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Hopefully the Target and Hasbro decision makers are well aware of the movie being pushed back and have adjusted their sales expectations accordingly, so remember to NOT clearance her/the wave until October.

Then again, I saw Mulan merchandise on clearance in May last year at Target, so... good luck.

I'm thinking the fact she looks just like Awkwafina will help. Not helping - she's $25.49 at my local Target.
Guardianmonkey
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 pm

So how do you get the Sugarman arms to fit best on the Hyde body? I've tried shaving down the pegs with my Dremel but they still want to pop out when moving them.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 am

Thanks to e-rock, I have a complete Thunderbolts Hyde! He's perfect for the T'Bolts.

Still, I absolutely still need classic Mr. Hyde for the Masters of Evil/80's era.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Tue May 04, 2021 3:58 am

Got my loose Shang-Chi and Wenwu in from Dorkside and really like both. Though I can't help but wish Shang-Chi had the diaphragm-ab crunch combo in the torso. It would have made him as close to perfect as possible.
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 04, 2021 12:27 pm

I want to give Death Dealer some extra hands. How do Ant-Man's hands look on him?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm

TFitz wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 am
Thanks to e-rock, I have a complete Thunderbolts Hyde! He's perfect for the T'Bolts.

Still, I absolutely still need classic Mr. Hyde for the Masters of Evil/80's era.
No problem amigo!
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 2:15 pm

I honestly want the Katy figure just to make an Awkwafina figure from her My Vag video. Already have the baseball bat from Punisher...

NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:35 am

Got the wave from DS today and I gotta say, I think I miss action figures being a way to increase hype for a movie. I know Marvel loves to keep things under wraps for big reveals, but these are beautifully done figures and are really greta for amping up interest in the film. I'm already a Shang-Chi fan anyway so I'm an easy mark, but for MCU fans unfamiliar with him, they've done such a bang-up job on the figures I hope they help up the profile of all the characters.

The head sculpts are just lovely, and the costumes look great. They're so interestingly textured I'm actually more interested to see how the Eternals look in-hand now, too - wondering how much detailing we can't see in early shots. (Although with that Marvel sizzle reel the other day I kinda would rather the Eternals in street clothes!).

Mr. Hyde is really rad, love the gross details on his hands and his face. Anyone having trouble getting his left leg on? Mine has an annoying gap I can't close. The leg stays on and rotates but I want to get it that last few mm's into the peg.

AI Tony's exactly as expected. I'm such a sucker for the classic red and yellow though, I'm probably just going to display him like that. And Civil Warrior is wicked toyetic. Not a ton of interest in the character itself but the figure is one of those guys I don't want to stop posing and messing with. Actually, this whole WAVE is very posable and action-oriented. It's a fantastic set. Just gotta mod Wenwu's costume to give him a little more range of motion.
Akatsuki

Wed May 05, 2021 5:41 am

aceofknaves wrote:Oi! Whatever hands you aren’t using on AI Tony, throw them on Civil Warrior! Perfect fit, perfect color match, and arguably more character-specific than the generic Taskmaster hands he came with.
I just want to come back to this and say how much I like this hand swap. Really adds to Civil Warrior in my opinion!

Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Wed May 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Love how Death Dealer ended up looking, but it’s real weird how tight the ankles tilts on mine both were. I don’t remember Ant-Man having such a tight construction but one ankle peg sheared clean off my first Death Dealer. Heated and stretched the other one out a little and it helped a bunch though.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”