Fantastic Four retro figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18496
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 am

I’m not sure which costumes will be my default ones either. I LOVE the Byrne run so much and my shelf generally has a 80’s-90’s vibe. Plus they just look cool.

But Byrne did start off with the original costumes plus those are what they were in when Lee and Kirby created them and started off the entire Marvel universe.

Of course if they go real nuts and make a newly sculpted Thing that looks more like Kirby or Byrnes art, then I’ll just end up going with whatever team matches that.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9711
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 am

Boy Wonder wrote:I’m not sure which costumes will be my default ones either. I LOVE the Byrne run so much and my shelf generally has a 80’s-90’s vibe. Plus they just look cool.

But Byrne did start off with the original costumes plus those are what they were in when Lee and Kirby created them and started off the entire Marvel universe.

Of course if they go real nuts and make a newly sculpted Thing that looks more like Kirby or Byrnes art, then I’ll just end up going with whatever team matches that.
I'll just move 1 team to avengers or spidey displays lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PG-Superfan
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:44 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 pm
Gambitfan wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:03 pm
So only the FF themselves in the blue and white costumes been confirmed for this retro wave so far?
If you want to get technical, only Johnny has been confirmed.. But we know through other channels that the rest of the lineup 4 is in the wave and High Evolutionary and Psycho Man.
Do we know if Johnny is flamed on or not?

I'm skipping the blue and white costumes but I'd buy a flamed on Johnny with the lines for use with my Walgreens figures.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9711
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 pm
Gambitfan wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:03 pm
So only the FF themselves in the blue and white costumes been confirmed for this retro wave so far?
If you want to get technical, only Johnny has been confirmed.. But we know through other channels that the rest of the lineup 4 is in the wave and High Evolutionary and Psycho Man.
Do we know if Johnny is flamed on or not?

I'm skipping the blue and white costumes but I'd buy a flamed on Johnny with the lines for use with my Walgreens figures.
Hes not flamed onImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

User avatar
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:09 am

They showed a “Flame Off!” Johnny in the blue outfit, so he’s the only one confirmed by Hasbro. I don’t think the retro wave itself is officially announced, but they did show that figure.
And internet sleuths have found product numbers. 2 of those are described only as “P” and “H”.
Informed Fwooshers are calling those as PsychoMan and High Evolutionary, but some people think the H might be for a flamed on Human Torch.
User avatar
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:28 pm

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 pm

And to be fair, P could also be Puppet Master, though this would be a less exciting choice.

Image
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 6201
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

A couple of our insiders have quite definitively said the figures are High Evolutionary and Psycho-Man. I suppose there is a chance they could have been given false information, but at this point, those are the two characters I'm expecting to be in the wave.
User avatar
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8029
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:33 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:39 pm

Psycho Man has never done much for me, but Im down for H.E.

Also I could use another flamed on Human Torch
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9883
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:40 pm

"H" could still be human torch. Maybe a flamed on version.
User avatar
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:44 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:41 pm

El Honez wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 pm
And to be fair, P could also be Puppet Master, though this would be a less exciting choice.

Image
If/when they make Puppet Master, he has to look just like this picture - super creepy as hell.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9883
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:42 pm

"P" could still be puppet master too. The "P" is silent in psycho man....
User avatar
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Anytown, USA
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:17 pm

But it’s there nonetheless. Hopes dashed!
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18496
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:30 pm

I’d rather have Puppet Master and Psycho Man.

Evolutionary will be a fine addition to the collection, I’ve never really thought of him as an F4 guy though. Especially when the F4 are just finally getting some attention and still have so many characters to do.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 pm

I'm hopeful that with the ascendancy of the F4 in the MCU over the next decade we will have plenty of opportunity to get their entire universe of characters. Psycho-Man and High Evolutionary are a good start to get us on the way to this glorious lineup - and this doesn't even go past the 80s! (yes, I see that High Evolutionary isn't in the photo. Sue me!)


Image
User avatar
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6887
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:58 am

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:03 pm

H-bird wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 pm
I'm hopeful that with the ascendancy of the F4 in the MCU over the next decade we will have plenty of opportunity to get their entire universe of characters. Psycho-Man and High Evolutionary are a good start to get us on the way to this glorious lineup - and this doesn't even go past the 80s! (yes, I see that High Evolutionary isn't in the photo. Sue me!)


Image
Who is the crazy colored giant character in the back left?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”