Fantastic Four retro figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four retro figures

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 pm

I've been placing High Evolutionary in my Top 10 votes for years now. If he's classic, I'll be thrilled.

Actually, I just looked up my past Top 10 votes and my 2020 list went like this:

Ahab
Arcade
Captain Marvel (Rambeau)
Black Tom
High Evolutionary
Mr Hyde
Maverick
Nightmare
Quasar
Scarecrow

Moving along pretty well here. Can't wait for the rest in 2022!
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Don't have a list per se, but if I did, Scarecrow and Werewolf by Night would be on it.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 pm
DennyCrane wrote:
8 Immortal Master wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:17 pm
Nor do I. This is the last action figure todays world needs right now. There's ample hate, intolerance and racism in this world today. Heck there's even racism and hate where it isn't. Everyone sees racism everywhere now. If having a Dr. Seuss book on your mantle makes you a racist now what on earth would someone say of you having an Adolf figure in a KKK outfit in your display? Might raise an eyebrow or two. LOL
And you know what to say to those people? Leave. Lol
That straw man never stood a chance!
Nor the red herring
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 pm
DennyCrane wrote:
8 Immortal Master wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:17 pm
Nor do I. This is the last action figure todays world needs right now. There's ample hate, intolerance and racism in this world today. Heck there's even racism and hate where it isn't. Everyone sees racism everywhere now. If having a Dr. Seuss book on your mantle makes you a racist now what on earth would someone say of you having an Adolf figure in a KKK outfit in your display? Might raise an eyebrow or two. LOL
And you know what to say to those people? Leave. Lol
That straw man never stood a chance!
I pulled out his stuffing when they killed Uncle Ben. 😁
jmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:11 am

So...Fantastic Four High Evolutionary sounds like win.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am

When does everyone think we're expecting the official reveal and pre-orders to open for these?
Lots of big Legends reveals out the way already now, November releases have started listing, so must, most likely, be in the next month, maybe? Just before the next 'Disney+/What if?' reveals (even though they'd arrive in reverse order)? Before 'SDCC' hype?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 am

PSPS13 wrote:When does everyone think we're expecting the official reveal and pre-orders to open for these?
Lots of big Legends reveals out the way already now, November releases have started listing, so must, most likely, be in the next month, maybe? Just before the next 'Disney+/What if?' reveals (even though they'd arrive in reverse order)? Before 'SDCC' hype?
July. They said it was a big month

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:35 pm

I'm betting that when the FF wave drops we will get not only the Pulse Skrull army builder but Krees as well on the Genis Vell body
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:40 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
PSPS13 wrote:When does everyone think we're expecting the official reveal and pre-orders to open for these?

And not just because of Galactus?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:17 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

And not just because of Galactus?
Could be, but that would also usually be the month of sdcc reveals and its exclusives too

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:

Blimey. They ALL feel like big months this year! Lol
(Cheers for the info)
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 pm

8 Immortal Master wrote:
I'm betting that when the FF wave drops we will get not only the Pulse Skrull army builder but Krees as well on the Genis Vell body
I think the Skrull army builders are a brilliant idea and I'm 100% for 'em, but I can't lie: gonna feel a bit of sadness they won't be on retro cards. Never cared for packaging, always an opener, but the retro Spidey line and then Doom really won me over.
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:17 am

PSPS13 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 pm
8 Immortal Master wrote:
I think the Skrull army builders are a brilliant idea and I'm 100% for 'em, but I can't lie: gonna feel a bit of sadness they won't be on retro cards. Never cared for packaging, always an opener, but the retro Spidey line and then Doom really won me over.

FF will presumably be on Marvel Action Hour retro style cardbacks.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:30 am

They included a good bit of extras with Doom but don't see how they can stuff extra hands for Thing and stretchy parts for Reed on that card. We'll see.

If they could pack in the same arms and maybe a stretched neck for Reed like the first one that would be great. Same for the Walgreens Thing.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:39 am

I feel the word "retro" is being over used these days. We have hasbro retro 3.75, which are actual retro figs on retro cards, retro reaction, retro 8" which are mego style figs, retro marvel legends which only have retro cards and character choices, retro collection Joes that are ME on vintage style cardbacks, etc. Getting to where you need a scorecard to tell the players! "Vintage style" seems more accurate a moniker.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”