SDCC Hellfire Club Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheRealSmallville
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: SDCC Hellfire Club Set

Tue May 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:That would piss me off if a seller did that. Sellers can cancel all the time, but purposefully selecting "buyer requested" skirts them around performance dings and seller fees.

I would contact eBay and explain you did not request that, so the seller at least has some consequences. Sellers like that deserve to go.
Yeah, I'm trying not to be too pissed about it, but it's not working lol His profile says he's been a member since 2000, he has over 13,000 ratings and he's overall 99.8% positive...so I tend to believe the reasoning of "I thought I had this in stock but I was mistaken", and I did get the refund right away. But the reason for cancellation is really eating at me, because it's a lie.

I always try not to get too worked up over stuff, at the end of the day these are just toys after all. And it's not like I'm hurting for things to collect. But I guess it's because "they're just toys" that makes lying about things eat at me so much. I've sold things on eBay, never cancelled a sale, but there has to be better options than "buyer requested to cancel".

I was hoping to get the set so I could mix them in and work it into my Court of Owls DC stuff. Kind of a "The Hellfire Club has moved to Gotham, and the Court of Owls doesn't like it" sort of thing. I had a whole setup in mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Mannie_Bothans wrote:That would piss me off if a seller did that. Sellers can cancel all the time, but purposefully selecting "buyer requested" skirts them around performance dings and seller fees.

I would contact eBay and explain you did not request that, so the seller at least has some consequences. Sellers like that deserve to go.
Yeah, I'm trying not to be too pissed about it, but it's not working lol His profile says he's been a member since 2000, he has over 13,000 ratings and he's overall 99.8% positive...so I tend to believe the reasoning of "I thought I had this in stock but I was mistaken", and I did get the refund right away. But the reason for cancellation is really eating at me, because it's a lie.

I always try not to get too worked up over stuff, at the end of the day these are just toys after all. And it's not like I'm hurting for things to collect. But I guess it's because "they're just toys" that makes lying about things eat at me so much. I've sold things on eBay, never cancelled a sale, but there has to be better options than "buyer requested to cancel".

I was hoping to get the set so I could mix them in and work it into my Court of Owls DC stuff. Kind of a "The Hellfire Club has moved to Gotham, and the Court of Owls doesn't like it" sort of thing. I had a whole setup in mind lol

Yes, it is just toys. I have said it before and I will say it again.

You are the wronged party and have the right to refuse the refund and demand performance.

It is your option to choose which under contract law.

It may have been a simple mistake but that does not matter. You expect to receive the goods that you paid for in good faith. The seller has already operated in bad faith by misstating the reason for cancellation to Ebay.

Then again it is just a toy.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

SDCC Hellfire Club Set

Wed May 19, 2021 4:19 am

Fly4v wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

You are the wronged party and have the right to refuse the refund and demand performance.

It may have been a simple mistake but that does not matter. You expect to receive the goods that you paid for in good faith. The seller has already operated in bad faith by misstating the reason for cancellation to Ebay.

So general ebay customer service, you think? I've never had to complain to eBay before Image

When I try to open a request, I get this...this entire thing was extremely automated, I had no say in anything.

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:33 am

I would wait and see if he relists the item at a higher price.

If he does then I'd get ahold of someone/anyone at EBay that'll listen and be like wtf?!?!
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:38 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:19 am
Fly4v wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

So general ebay customer service, you think? I've never had to complain to eBay before Image

When I try to open a request, I get this...this entire thing was extremely automated, I had no say in anything.

I wish I could help with navigating Ebay. I haven't dealt with them in years.
Looks like they, as many others, have over automated "customer service" so that in the end you get no service.

Doubt they give you an email option anymore. Chat and phone is almost worthless as you want a written record if you are going to pursue this.

If it takes more than a hour, it sadly is not worth the value of the time involved.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:43 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:33 am
I would wait and see if he relists the item at a higher price.

If he does then I'd get ahold of someone/anyone at EBay that'll listen and be like wtf?!?!
I was avoiding bringing that up. But yes, If you want to spend the time watch the account if the item comes up again.

Then you can add fraud and false advertising but if you can't get a hold of customer service it won't matter. Better Business Bureau and none of the consumer organizations will care.

If Ebay won't do anything then the E still stands for EVIL. :oops:
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Wed May 19, 2021 4:45 am

I was able to get into a chat with a service rep. He said all I can do is report the seller, but due to privacy policies they won't reveal the outcome of the report. I mentioned the seller should have tried to work something out, instead of the way it was handled, and the rep said "we don't wish for this to happen, but you did get a refund. But still, you can report the seller if you like."

So, that's eBay in a nutshell.

TheRealSmallville
Customized

Wed May 19, 2021 4:46 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:I would wait and see if he relists the item at a higher price.

I've actually been occasionally checking throughout the day lol He has two of the figures in the set listed, but they were there before he cancelled my purchase. Emma & Jean haven't popped up on his store, and the 4-pack isn't there yet.

Fly4v
CROM!

Wed May 19, 2021 5:21 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
100ptsofarticulation wrote:I would wait and see if he relists the item at a higher price.

I've actually been occasionally checking throughout the day lol He has two of the figures in the set listed, but they were there before he cancelled my purchase. Emma & Jean haven't popped up on his store, and the 4-pack isn't there yet.

Entirely different story there.

1.) He has two of the four figures in stock. He can cancel those auctions and offer you those figures as part of satisfaction since his obligation is to you first and none to an unfinished auction.
2.) If he split the figures, he should have the box and packaging. Minor issue. But he would have been able to fill half the order. Key point.
3.) The refund amount should have been negotiated based on his ability for partial completion of the original terms. That did not happen and he cancelled the sale under false pretenses to Ebay, the supposed "customer request".

The request for cancellation would have been in writing. Since you didn't request it there is no way he can prove his statements.

You can wait to see if a whole set appears or open a case with Ebay. Even if we excuse their ignorance of contracts. And Ignorance is not an acceptable defense.
This is a bad seller.
If they were honest they would not have lied to Ebay about the reason for cancellation of the auction.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Wed May 19, 2021 6:02 am

Fly4v wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

1.) He has two of the four figures in stock. He can cancel those auctions and offer you those figures as part of satisfaction since his obligation is to you first and none to an unfinished auction.
2.) If he split the figures, he should have the box and packaging. Minor issue. But he would have been able to fill half the order. Key point.
3.) The refund amount should have been negotiated based on his ability for partial completion of the original terms. That did not happen and he cancelled the sale under false pretenses to Ebay, the supposed "customer request".

The request for cancellation would have been in writing. Since you didn't request it there is no way he can prove his statements.

You can wait to see if a whole set appears or open a case with Ebay. Even if we excuse their ignorance of contracts. And Ignorance is not an acceptable defense.
This is a bad seller.
If they were honest they would not have lied to Ebay about the reason for cancellation of the auction.
I'm a pretty laid back guy, easy to please in most cases...if this seller had communicated in some way and offered me a cookie, I'd probably have been happy to meet in the middle. The lie, compiled with eBay's "well you did receive a refund", just irks me because neither of those are anywhere close to the point of my issue.

If anyone has a 2nd set they would be willing to part with, hit me up! I got $120 + shipping to send in someone's direction. It's lower than the eBay "market value", but it's my personal max. Thanks for everyone's thoughts, advice, and help on that bad seller, I appreciate it! Unicorns are rare, indeed.

Fly4v
CROM!

Wed May 19, 2021 6:49 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:02 am
Fly4v wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

This is a bad seller.
I'm a pretty laid back guy, easy to please in most cases...if this seller had communicated in some way and offered me a cookie, I'd probably have been happy to meet in the middle. The lie, compiled with eBay's "well you did receive a refund", just irks me because neither of those are anywhere close to the point of my issue.

If anyone has a 2nd set they would be willing to part with, hit me up! I got $120 + shipping to send in someone's direction. It's lower than the eBay "market value", but it's my personal max. Thanks for everyone's thoughts, advice, and help on that bad seller, I appreciate it! Unicorns are rare, indeed.

I wish I had a second set so I could hook you up.
I check Zavvi.uk ... sometimes get lucky. That is how I got the SDCC Defenders set a year later.

I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find a set at retail price.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed May 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Some of you folks need to get a grip.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Fly4v wrote: I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find a set at retail price.

Thank you! I appreciate that!

TheSameIdiot wrote:Some of you folks need to get a grip.

Says a guy posting on a toy forum Image

Nah, but seriously, my issue is with the lying. You don't have something you thought you did, then fine, mistakes happen. But don't put a "buyer requested to cancel" nick on my eBay account, because I've never asked to cancel something I made the decision to purchase. Just looking for some honesty there. I'd say my grip is pretty good.

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed May 19, 2021 3:54 pm

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Fly4v wrote: I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find a set at retail price.

Nah, but seriously, my issue is with the lying. You don't have something you thought you did, then fine, mistakes happen. But don't put a "buyer requested to cancel" nick on my eBay account, because I've never asked to cancel something I made the decision to purchase. Just looking for some honesty there. I'd say my grip is pretty good.

Definitely not directed at you. I understand your frustration.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

SDCC Hellfire Club Set

Wed May 19, 2021 4:15 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

Definitely not directed at you. I understand your frustration.
I getcha, I was just joking with the message board bit Image

I'm sure at some point the seller will re-list, or at least break up the set...prices today range from $170 for the set to around $100 each for Emma Frost and Jean Grey. Pretty nuts, reminds me of the New 52 Crime Syndicate figures for DC...insane prices.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”