SDCC Hellfire Club Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
peanut234
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: SDCC Hellfire Club Set

Tue May 18, 2021 2:08 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:49 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:Sold out again.
Yeah, I just saw the post about being in stock and got all excited for nothing Image Happy for everyone who got an extra set, sucks for those who missed it again though.

I don't suppose anyone has an extra set they'd be willing to sell Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try it now, doesn't say sold out right now.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 2:16 am

peanut234 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:Sold out again.
Yeah, I just saw the post about being in stock and got all excited for nothing Image Happy for everyone who got an extra set, sucks for those who missed it again though.

It looks in stock until you go to checkout, then it shows out of stock. They get you excited & then rip your heart out lol

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 2:29 am

You can see available inventory inside of the web site code for Pulse product pages. When the listing went up I saw a bit under 300 units, and it took about two hours for it to go down to what it shows now which is an inventory count of 2. Something must have a lock on the remaining two units preventing them from being sold and flipping the "Add to Cart" button over to "Sold Out."
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 am

I made the cut, saw the post a few hrs ago and frantically rushed to get through the check out process. I was shocked it went through, I usually miss out at opportunities like that.

Not sure what possessed me when these originally went up to only get one.
peanut234
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:16 am
peanut234 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

It looks in stock until you go to checkout, then it shows out of stock. They get you excited & then rip your heart out lol

Aww, that sucks, I'm sorry. I had hoped with them back in stock everyone that wanted one and missed out would be able to get one.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 2:49 am

My guess is that they ran another batch to fulfill the pre-orders taken last year, made a few hundred extra, and those are what sold today. I bet that's the last we see it being sold at retail.
peanut234
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:29 am
You can see available inventory inside of the web site code for Pulse product pages. When the listing went up I saw a bit under 300 units, and it took about two hours for it to go down to what it shows now which is an inventory count of 2. Something must have a lock on the remaining two units preventing them from being sold and flipping the "Add to Cart" button over to "Sold Out."

My guess is that they ran another batch to fulfill the pre-orders taken last year, made a few hundred extra, and those are what sold today. I bet that's the last we see it being sold at retail.
Good to know. It just sucks for people who think it's still in stock and get excited only to find out they missed it again.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

SDCC Hellfire Club Set

Tue May 18, 2021 3:31 am

Found a unicorn on ebay...a decent collector who only marked it up by $15 and had free shipping! So I finally have a set coming for $95 shipped, pretty stoked!

peanut234
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Found a unicorn on ebay...a decent collector who only marked it up by $15 and had free shipping! So I finally have a set coming for $95 shipped, pretty stoked!

That's great!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 9:59 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:

Very uncommon since they'll be losing money from the retail price on that transaction after fees (around $12), shipping (around $10), and taxes ($5 to $10 depending upon their state).
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 11:21 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:

Very uncommon since they'll be losing money from the retail price on that transaction after fees (around $12), shipping (around $10), and taxes ($5 to $10 depending upon their state).
I had the same thought. Maybe they got it as a gift or something. Or just desperate for some quick cash.

Or I'll get a box with used underwear & a note that says "thanks for shopping!" It's eBay, could go either way really Image

TheRealSmallville
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 4:23 pm

Well, the seller must have realized they were losing money because they just cancelled my order. He says he thought he had it in stock, but was mistaken

Back to the drawing board!

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Once again, unicorns proven to be a myth.

That sucks, man.
TheRealSmallville
Customized

Tue May 18, 2021 5:38 pm

JPC wrote:Once again, unicorns proven to be a myth.

That sucks, man.
Yeah. I didn't even know you could just cancel an order on eBay like that, the official reason was "buyer requested to cancel" which of course I never did. He followed it up with the message about not having it in stock, but it's just weird. Surprised there aren't penalties on ebay for cancelling an order with "buyer requested" when the buyer didn't request.

Looks like they run $150-$200 with varying overpriced shipping costs. Looks like I'll be passing, unless I get lucky down the line.

Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 18, 2021 5:42 pm

That would piss me off if a seller did that. Sellers can cancel all the time, but purposefully selecting "buyer requested" skirts them around performance dings and seller fees.

I would contact eBay and explain you did not request that, so the seller at least has some consequences. Sellers like that deserve to go.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”