Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:02 pm

I wonder if, maybe in 2024, after Madame Web they might do one Sony wave with Morbius, Kraven, etc, and Carnage as the BAF.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:19 pm

Wow, what a pleasant surprise to wake up to!

Antman & Wasp 3:
Interesting that the 4 characters I was looking forward to the most aren't on this list. But at least 2 of them seem to be a given, that being Cassie and MODOK. I just hope if Cassie is exclusive that she is regular sized and unmasked. It sucks not to see Hank and Janet on here. Who knows if they'll ever be this prominent going forward. Now was the time to make them it seems. I am hoping they might be in a 2 pack. Although when was the last time a film came with a 2 pack release? Knowing Hasbro I can see them release Hank as an exclusive and throw Janet on the black list with Romanda, Friega, and Aunt May.

The Marvels:
I don't know much about this film yet so I think this is about what I'd expect assuming the villian is the BAF.

Disney Plus 5:
These Disney Plus waves are really shaping up to be fun waves for MCU collectors. Like a mixed bag of goodies. I'm guessing Echo will be saved for wave 6 but does that mean Kingpin will be from Hawkeye? I would gladly trade Talos for Emile Clark's character but maybe she is the unknown. I'm excited for a new Fury but poor Maria needs an update bad. I'm assuming Yelena is from Hawkeye which is odd considering she will likely get a figure for Thunderbolts shortly after. I wish Hasbro was a little more strategic about their lineups. Although that's speaking from a collector's point of view perhaps from a business point of view this is strategic. I'm happy to see were getting Agatha from WV before her own shows release.

Guardians Vol 3:
Super happy to see the whole team on here. I hope they are all in comic accurate costumes. I'm glad we're getting Kraglin. I'm assuming the villian is the BAF. I could also see Gamora as an exclusive. The only character I don't sew that I was hoping for is Ayeesha but I don't even know if she is in this film.

Best of:
Meh, the only time I'm really gonna care about about these types of waves is if they include characters that have never been made. Clearly a best of wave won't include that. I am a little curious about a better Fury and Widow tho. I'd trade Fury for Hill considering Fury has a new figure coming anyways.

NWH Wave 2:
I'm excited to see this is happening but super frustrated by the line up. Those unmasked heads should have been included in the 3 pack freeing up 3 spots in this wave. I get Hasbro has to have a business strategy but with rising prices that seems like strategy enough. Maybe throw the fans a bone by maximizing our character selections. I'm happy to be getting 3 of the 5 villians. Hopefully the other 2 aren't far behind. I have to say with Aunt May dead the window to get her out gets smaller and smaller and to not see her in this wave is a huge disappointment. What makes it worse are the 2 civilians they did include. MJ already has a figure and her look likely won't change until the college trilogy so why revisit her here? And Murdock is a ridiculous choice over Aunt May considering how many future opportunities he will get compared to her. He had 2 seconds in the film and May literally died in it. Who impacted the story more? Daredevil is about to be the new Ironman in these MCU waves and I can bet on that. He's gonna have so many figures in the future. I just wish Hasbro put more thought into a characters opportunity to be in the wave. This feels like Aunt May's last chance not Daredevils. I'm super excited to see these leaks but this is probably my biggest disappointment. I hate seeing an older female character and instantly thinking "yea, she'll never see the light of day."
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:16 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
I'm assuming Yelena is from Hawkeye which is odd considering she will likely get a figure for Thunderbolts shortly after.
About a year later, but how many Dr Stranges have we had this year?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
I'm assuming Yelena is from Hawkeye which is odd considering she will likely get a figure for Thunderbolts shortly after. I wish Hasbro was a little more strategic about their lineups. Although that's speaking from a collector's point of view perhaps from a business point of view this is strategic.
This wave could very likely be nearing production. Hasbro may have just found out about Yelena being involved in Thunderbolts two weeks ago. Heck, they could have even found out Thunderbolts itself was a thing with a release date two weeks ago.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:05 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:02 pm
I wonder if, maybe in 2024, after Madame Web they might do one Sony wave with Morbius, Kraven, etc, and Carnage as the BAF.
At this stage, I think Carnage comes next time they do a Venom wave for Venom 3.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:27 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:
I'm assuming Yelena is from Hawkeye which is odd considering she will likely get a figure for Thunderbolts shortly after.
This is very true. I certainly welcome a new Yelena and I loved her look in Hawkeye. I guess I would have just been willing to wait for Thunderbolts if this spot went to an unmade character instead. I assumed the very next "make up" figure in a D+ wave would go to Darcy. Maybe she is the unknown tho.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:33 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:27 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:
This is very true. I certainly welcome a new Yelena and I loved her look in Hawkeye. I guess I would have just been willing to wait for Thunderbolts if this spot went to an unmade character instead. I assumed the very next "make up" figure in a D+ wave would go to Darcy. Maybe she is the unknown tho.
Yeah hopefully Darcy comes up somewhere. I would have been fine waiting for Thunderbolts but am anticipating getting both Yelena figures anyway. I really liked her look in Hawkeye with that hairstyle, but also hope for a masked version of the Thunderbolts version.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:38 pm

It's been great getting all these new leaks but as any addict does I'm already looking for my next fix haha. As much as I enjoy having an idea of what's coming down the pipeline I'm also excited by the unknown surprises that will sprinkle in. (Exclusives, BAFs, Deluxe, 2packs, etc) So if all these leaks are true here is my new want list. These are only from Phase 4 on.

Darcy
Batroc
Ravonna
B15
Val
Razor Fist
Abomination
Scarlet Scarab
AUNT MAY
Electro
Lizard
MoM Scarlet Witch
Meik
Titania
Romanda
Shuri
Aneka
Madisynn (fight me on it!)
Hank
Janet
Cassie
MODOK

Also, (sorry comic collectors) but I'm hoping Banner, Egghead and Destroyer are MCU.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:53 pm

I've gotten my wishlist of make-up figures down to eleven now, after the stuff coming this year. Part of that is trying to be realistic with what Hasbro may actually get made, but I still held on to a few that'll probably never happen, like Kurse.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Yea I'm trying to be a little less "every single character with a speaking line" with my hopes. I think for the Infinity Saga (excluding any character who has or will return in the new saga) is down to 9.

Whiplash
Frigga
Warriors 3
Chitauri
Killian
Malakith
Ancient One
Kaecilious
Supreme Intelligence

As long as returning characters like Darcy, Romanda, General Ross, Abomination, etc. Are eventually made those 9 can offically bring the Infinity Saga to a close for me.

Some honorable mentions that I can live without or just don't see happening are

Destroyer
Kurse
Topaz
Outriders
AoU Wanda
Debut Widow

And of course the one I'll never let die

Business Attire Pepper Potts!!

Haha
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:18 pm

Well, it's important to hold onto at least one that you're truly passionate for.
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:10 pm

My Infinity Saga wishlist:

Whiplash (Monaco)
Business Attire Pepper Potts
Avengers Loki (with/ realphotoprint)
Killian
Ancient One
Kaecilious
Frigga
Malekith
Warriors 3
Topaz
Ayesha
W'Kabi

My Multiverse Saga wishlist (post Rektangular's leaks):

Scarlet Scarab
Unmasked Moon Knight
MoM Wanda
Christine Palmer
Zombie Strange
Captain Carter (MoM)
Captain Marvel (MoM)
Blackbolt (MoM)
Reed Richards (MoM)
Queen Ramonda
Aneka
Namora
Aunt May
Batroc
Razor Fist
Darcy
Thor Love & Thunder (meeting JaneThor outfit)
Abomination
Titania
Hank Pym
Janet Van Dyne
Ravonna Renslayer
Battlestar
Valentina
Red Dagger
Kamran
Daredevil (red and yellow)

Others we're for sure getting eventually:

Clea
Hercules
Starfox
Echo
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:11 pm

At this point, I'm down to:

Electro
Destroyer
Kurse
Rocket (endgame)
War Machine/Rhodey (Infinity War)
Whiplash
Miek
Thor (either opening part of Ragnarok or post-Guardians part of L&T)

I know I have three more but can't remember at the moment so must not be as big a deal.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:52 pm

Is there any reason why Hasbro has been avoiding the suitcase Mark V Armor and Hammer Drones? They did them in the 5 inch line 12 years ago, nada since.

IM2 may not be as critically acclaimed, but it seems like an intentional blindspot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 pm

Really any of the possibilities in that movie. Two Whiplashes, original Black Widow, War Machine, and three Iron Man marks, two of which would use the same limbs and head. If the MCU didn't kick into hyperdrive lately, I'd say Hasbro could have gotten away with filler waves for each old movie.

The drones are all distinct and would be perfect for an Amazon exclusive set.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”