Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
MCUCompletionist
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 am

I've decided to cut down on my collecting and only get characters that are still living and only the most recent versions of each character, my backlog was around 160 and now I'm at about 50.

So that being said most characters that are still missing I'll probably have to pass on but the above picture I'd take Kingpin, Agatha, Sharon, Darcy, Ravonna and Jimmy
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:03 am

Hbhf wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 am
So after the first four Disney+ shows so far, I'd say these are the biggest missing characters in Legends from them.*

* Left out Echo and Monica Rambeau since they'll most assuredly get figures for their own show/The Marvels, respectively, as well as He Who Remains because Kang will most likely get one for Ant-Man 3.

I'd be in for Agatha, Fisk, and Sharon, but would likely pass on the rest. Renslayer if she's a major presence in Loki Season 2.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:11 am

If the MSRP to 25 bucks thing is legit, I may start buying new characters only. Unless I have to buy a 2 pack or very rare upgrades from old and not great figures like Mordo.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:24 am

e-rock wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:11 am
If the MSRP to 25 bucks thing is legit, I may start buying new characters only. Unless I have to buy a 2 pack or very rare upgrades from old and not great figures like Mordo.
I just went through my collection this week and am getting rid of a few variations of Avengers I have multiples of with the plan of doing what you said as well. I had an Infinity War/Endgame shelf and it was partly the new Wong but also realizing Miek and whoever isn't going to fit there, so I did away with that shelf and am just sticking with my favorite of whoever and focusing on characters I don't have already. No L&T Thor, The Marvels Carol, all the GOTG (except Rocket since I really hope for his Endgame costume...okay and I'd love a better Nebula!) and so on. But even then, there aren't that many upcoming titles that will yield already-made characters. All the Disney Plus shows going forward star characters we've not met yet (except Secret Invasion, but I'll probably want that entire cast, and Armor Wars but I am open to better Rhodeys), and we'll get into stuff like Blade and the FF relatively soon.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:07 am

I'd love to see another pass at Cap's Stealth Suit from Winter Soldier and his suit from The First Avenger (Smithsonian, not USO). Bonus if the WS shield finally can be mounted on his back instead of.... never on his back.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:55 pm

With the amazing news that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, The Punisher, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are coming to Disney Plus, I think we’ll finally have clarity on whether or not they were all apart of the sacred timeline? I’m of the belief these shows never existed inside Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe. Once these shows are made available on Disney Plus, I fully expect them to be in the Marvel Series and Specials category, but not the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If I’m wrong, so be it, because that could also open the possibility for figures from those shows. There’s a few characters I really want, however, I think those characters will be made down the line when they make their official Marvel Cinematic Universe debuts. We’ll see in 2 weeks.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:42 pm

I'm desperate enough for AoS figures that I've decided to make customs and use substitutes. So far, I'm using a WWE Rock as Mack, SHIELD 3 pack Coulson, the upcoming comic Quake will be my Daisy and the upcoming Fennec Shand will be my Melinda May.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:08 pm

Does anyone have recommendations for heads that would work for Daisy?

Rock as a Mack figure isn't a bad idea. I have a Fennec on preorder. I wish the head could go on a SHIELD body, but alas I will just use her as is when I get her.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:40 am

e-rock wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Does anyone have recommendations for heads that would work for Daisy?

Rock as a Mack figure isn't a bad idea. I have a Fennec on preorder. I wish the head could go on a SHIELD body, but alas I will just use her as is when I get her.
No specific figure suggestions for Daisy but look through the Power Rangers Lightning Collection line. Most of the line is composed of twenty-somethings so I'm sure there's a brunette female in the line that will have a passing resemblance to Daisy.

As for May, I remember in season 1 she often wore a flak jacket and a body suit somewhat similar to Infinity War Black Widow's get-up. I might try using that for May's body or a spare MCU Maria Hill.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:57 pm

William Hurt's recent passing makes me hope the Legends team can get a figure out there of Ross. Unsure if they will retire the character or make him Red Hulk or something voiced by someone new. But def would like to see them get him out there now
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:17 pm

e-rock wrote:
William Hurt's recent passing makes me hope the Legends team can get a figure out there of Ross. Unsure if they will retire the character or make him Red Hulk or something voiced by someone new. But def would like to see them get him out there now
Same. I'm sad to see he's passed. I had wondered how they would handle his Red Hulk/Thunderbolts storyline with him being one of the oldest MCU actors. Regardless of how it's handled going forward I think he's earned himself a figure as a civilian. I'm honestly, surprised he hasn't been done yet considering how easy it is for Hasbro to slap a new head on an existing suited body.

I wonder what effect (if any) an actor's death has on their ML chances.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:23 pm

e-rock wrote:
Oh dang, I hadn't seen that yet. That's really a shame, I was very much looking forward to seeing a Thunderbolts film or series with him. It would've been cool to get him more screen time and a chance to wrestle with being a super-powered individual now after all the hell he put the others through. I had no idea he was 71 though, he looked good in his previous appearances. I bought a head cast off eBay to pass for a custom of him not too long ago, but I'd gladly trade that in for an official figure if Hasbro ever makes one.

It's kinda sad in a way, that the longer this MCU goes on, uninterrupted, the more likely we are to need some kind of in-memoriam sub-line for characters whose actors pass before we can get figures.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:23 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:55 pm
With the amazing news that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, The Punisher, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are coming to Disney Plus, I think we’ll finally have clarity on whether or not they were all apart of the sacred timeline? I’m of the belief these shows never existed inside Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe. Once these shows are made available on Disney Plus, I fully expect them to be in the Marvel Series and Specials category, but not the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If I’m wrong, so be it, because that could also open the possibility for figures from those shows. There’s a few characters I really want, however, I think those characters will be made down the line when they make their official Marvel Cinematic Universe debuts. We’ll see in 2 weeks.
For disney+ In Australia aos had been on there for a lot longer & wasnt included in the offical timeline order & pretty sure Vincent D'Onofrio & Charlie Cox have commented that these are light rebooted versions of these characters.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:39 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:17 pm
e-rock wrote:
Same. I'm sad to see he's passed. I had wondered how they would handle his Red Hulk/Thunderbolts storyline with him being one of the oldest MCU actors. Regardless of how it's handled going forward I think he's earned himself a figure as a civilian. I'm honestly, surprised he hasn't been done yet considering how easy it is for Hasbro to slap a new head on an existing suited body.

I wonder what effect (if any) an actor's death has on their ML chances.
honestly, i see them ditching Red Hulk all together and just doing Red She-Hulk and giving her most of Red Hulk's storyline
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:43 pm

Who would they use though? We haven’t seen Betty since 2008, and she wouldn’t fit the place of her father. If they wanted the military connection, I could see it being Maria Hill, but would Cobie Smulders be interested to return to a larger role?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”