Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:17 pm

I ordered them but now rethinking both purchases.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:02 pm

I strive to have every unmasked head they give us yet funny enough I often don't display the figure with the unmasked head unless it's more suiting to the character. There's just this part of me that feels I need it. I'd love an unmasked Rhodey head even tho I wouldn't display War Machine without the helmet. So I do want the unmasked Sam head but I have no need and can't justify the price for the 2 pack just to get it. Had he come with Sharon, Karli, or Batroc I'd be all over it. I think I will wait for Cap 4 and assume that head will return to the line for that movie and if not, perhaps this 2 pack will be cheaper by then.

The positive I'm taking from this (aside from the unmasked Sam head) is that this could be the start of random Legacy 2 packs which has unlimited potential. Debut Widow, Widow movie Nat with screen accurate hair, AoU Hawkeye, AoU Wanda, Better Yelena, etc.

I also strive to have the main villian from each project and although we have Crossbones, Winter Soldier is sorta the main villian for Cap 2. So I may get him and display his masked head in my villians collection. But I won't be in a rush to get him. Now had this been Agatha, Sharon, or even a Black and White or Halloween Wanda it would have been pre-ordered in a heartbeat.

In a perfect world this release would have been a Darcy and Jimmy 2 pack, a Sharon single card, and an Agatha Deluxe.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:47 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
I strive to have every unmasked head they give us yet funny enough I often don't display the figure with the unmasked head unless it's more suiting to the character. There's just this part of me that feels I need it. I'd love an unmasked Rhodey head even tho I wouldn't display War Machine without the helmet. So I do want the unmasked Sam head but I have no need and can't justify the price for the 2 pack just to get it. Had he come with Sharon, Karli, or Batroc I'd be all over it. I think I will wait for Cap 4 and assume that head will return to the line for that movie and if not, perhaps this 2 pack will be cheaper by then.
I also want unmasked heads, and it's an easy excuse to display another costume for the character for me. Rhodey is by far the one I want the most at this point, but I'm sure you're right about the Sam head being used again. I'm sure there will be another use of this exact figure in the next three years, then they'll likely have a better Sam head for Cap 4. It's with that in mind that I'm not sure I really want this set. I could probably pop the even better Sam head I predict they'll do on this figure, but since I'm planning to see the Steve anyway, why not just grab the D+ wave version of Sam for cheaper (since I'll sell the Steve at 'cost', I'm not trying to sell him for high enough to essentially get the Sam for free or something) and just display that in the meantime?

Also, another note on the Steve...the gloves look weird. Like he has flesh colored patched on the back of the hands. I get what they're going for but it looks raised.
JoshuaKat wrote:
The positive I'm taking from this (aside from the unmasked Sam head) is that this could be the start of random Legacy 2 packs which has unlimited potential. Debut Widow, Widow movie Nat with screen accurate hair, AoU Hawkeye, AoU Wanda, Better Yelena, etc.
Yes, that would be great. I'm all for better and new versions of characters we already have, and in some cases I'm counting on it happening.
JoshuaKat wrote:
I also strive to have the main villian from each project and although we have Crossbones, Winter Soldier is sorta the main villian for Cap 2. So I may get him and display his masked head in my villians collection. But I won't be in a rush to get him. Now had this been Agatha, Sharon, or even a Black and White or Halloween Wanda it would have been pre-ordered in a heartbeat.

In a perfect world this release would have been a Darcy and Jimmy 2 pack, a Sharon single card, and an Agatha Deluxe.
And that may yet happen.

And I also strive to have main villains, or significant villains (though I'm waiting on Red Skull for if they ever reissue that SDCC figure), but I do see the Winter Soldier as Steve's greatest adversary on a few levels. So I'm doing the masked version as well since I have his haircut and IW versions on the shelf already.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 pm

What I'm thinking about doing is replacing the Power & Glory Captain America with this updated Captain Rogers (helmet on) in my Endgame Part 2 display, standing with the Mark 85 Iron Man and Warrior Thor. I would then move the Power and Glory Captain America to my Endgame Part 1 display, unmasked, and without the shield (This is the look he has at the end of the film before he returns the stones). As far as Captain America Sam Wilson, easy, I can put him in my The Falcon & The Winter Soldier display, without his goggles, looking at the his shield in both hands. Finally, The Winter Soldier is going towards the back of my The Falcon & The Winter Soldier display in the most menacing pose I can think of.

Side note, I bought the deluxe Vulture last night from Target. Not only is this my favorite figure of the year, it is now my favorite Marvel Legend, period. I've noticed, the most accurate MCU Marvel Legends, tend to be the best.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:15 pm

KingMCUCollector wrote:
What I'm thinking about doing is replacing the Power & Glory Captain America with this updated Captain Rogers (helmet on) in my Endgame Part 2 display, standing with the Mark 85 Iron Man and Warrior Thor. I would then move the Power and Glory Captain America to my Endgame Part 1 display, unmasked, and without the shield (This is the look he has at the end of the film before he returns the stones). As far as Captain America Sam Wilson, easy, I can put him in my The Falcon & The Winter Soldier display, without his goggles, looking at the his shield in both hands. Finally, The Winter Soldier is going towards the back of my The Falcon & The Winter Soldier display in the most menacing pose I can think of.

Side note, I bought the deluxe Vulture last night from Target. Not only is this my favorite figure of the year, it is now my favorite Marvel Legend, period. I've noticed, the most accurate MCU Marvel Legends, tend to be the best.
Look at you with your fancy multi-shelf display for Endgame. Pshh.

I'm kidding, I get it, and really I am envious. I have one shelf that is the most prominent characters from Infinity War and Endgame together (especially since a good chunk of people have the same look in both). Or I guess it's Endgame with Vision and Loki. But I do also have a Villain shelf where WS would go. And I have an empty shelf I've kinda earmarked for Avengers 5 and 6, which I am anticipating where the Cap 4 Sam may go. Then unmasked Sam would go on the upper shelf which is about nine feet wide for simply "heroes" and where all the unmasked people have ended up. So I have a plan for it but more just... do I really want this or hold out for the inevitable improved version.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:15 pm
KingMCUCollector wrote:

Look at you with your fancy multi-shelf display for Endgame. Pshh.

I'm kidding, I get it, and really I am envious. I have one shelf that is the most prominent characters from Infinity War and Endgame together (especially since a good chunk of people have the same look in both). Or I guess it's Endgame with Vision and Loki. But I do also have a Villain shelf where WS would go. And I have an empty shelf I've kinda earmarked for Avengers 5 and 6, which I am anticipating where the Cap 4 Sam may go. Then unmasked Sam would go on the upper shelf which is about nine feet wide for simply "heroes" and where all the unmasked people have ended up. So I have a plan for it but more just... do I really want this or hold out for the inevitable improved version.
LMDBO!!!

I’m trying. My plan has always been to capture the perfect Marvel Legends Marvel Cinematic Universe display. I look at it constantly thinking of ways I can improve. I prefer displaying my figures with their helmets on as much as possible, however, I do like versions where I can use unasked counterparts. Examples are the 2 pack Thor from Ragnarok, 2 pack Star-Lord from GOTG VOL2, 2 pack Spider-Man from Homecoming, and 2 pack Killmonger from Black Panther. These alternatives work for my collection, because they’re not “better” versions of concept art figures (like Ant-Man, Red Guardian, Infinity War Cap, and so on), just try alternative versions of a character. As crazy as it sounds, the Tag Team Captain America 2 pack fits right in with my collection, if only for different uses in their sections of my display. We’ll see what happens.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am

We need a D+ villains wave of Agatha Harkness, Batroc, Flag Smaher, Ravonna, Swordsman, Echo, & Titania with BAF Infinity Ultron.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:34 am

Echo?! I mean, I'll take that wave but what?!
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:00 am

She's in Hawkeye.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:00 am
She's in Hawkeye.
I'm aware of that, and getting her own spin-off as well (and the character I'm most excited for out of all the D+ projects they've announced so far), but you want her included as a villain. I get she may be an antagonist initially, just thought that was interesting.

There are two other definite villains rumored for Hawkeye that would be better and aren't getting their own shows later.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 am

I love the idea of them doing legacy 2-packs even if they’re repaints with new head sculpts of previous releases that offer better accuracy & more accessories & not take away previous accessories.

Yelena & Natasha would be a great idea for an easy 2-pack rerelease give them more paint, new head sculpts, maybe a neat & messy ponytail for yelena & a black & white suited head sculpt, melina headsculpt for natasha then just give them previous accessories pistols, (new sculpted)batons, red widow sting blast effects, maybe that little knife that they gave calisto in the wolverine 5-pack, i’s definitely be happy to have that set. Hopefully since the films out now they could get the likeness at the same level as the red guardian 2-pack

Hawkeye they could do several months after the show with updates if needed and more accessories or alternative head sculpts for clint and kate that weren’t included in the orignal release.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Poll ends this Saturday 10/30 - get your votes in!

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=94453
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:25 pm

erivera94 on YouTube interviewed the hasbro trio and asked about Infinity Saga continuing then dropped a dozen characters he would like to see happen. They made it seem like the IS line is finished now but they do plan to continue the idea in the future saying a lot of the names he mentioned are in their radar and they intend to get to the backlog when possible, citing not just the movies but D+ characters as well. The only one the team name checked was Dwight mentioned armored Whiplash from Iron Man 2 as one he wants to make a figure of.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:29 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:25 pm
erivera94 on YouTube interviewed the hasbro trio and asked about Infinity Saga continuing then dropped a dozen characters he would like to see happen. They made it seem like the IS line is finished now but they do plan to continue the idea in the future saying a lot of the names he mentioned are in their radar and they intend to get to the backlog when possible, citing not just the movies but D+ characters as well. The only one the team name checked was Dwight mentioned armored Whiplash from Iron Man 2 as one he wants to make a figure of.
Thanks for the heads up! I had seen DanWho, BoogACBA, and MCUCollector's interviews and I was wondering if there were others. I love erivera so I'm gonna go check that out now! Most the interviews mentioned more D+ figures to come. I just hope we're talking NEW characters (Agatha, Sharon, Darcy....) not Sam with white shoes, Sam with a hair cut, US Agent with fisted hands, US Agent with open hands, Bucky with hair cut, Bucky with a smiling face... Also, I'm hoping for actual characters from the live action shows and not floods of What if characters. Haha nagging aside that's awesome that they seem to realize how great the D+ shows have been and the need for more characters.

Honestly, I think they could get one at the least, but definitely two more Infinity Saga sets out of the missing characters. Personally armoured Whiplash would be cool to check that villian off the list but his tracksuit look is just so much more visually iconic to the film and would stand out amongst the droves of armor we already have. But that might be the unpopular opinion haha.

Either way, I can't wait to see what comes next out of the backlog!
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:47 am

Heck yea! I just watched the interview and Dwight straight up name dropped Agatha, Flagsmasher, He Who Remains, and Renslayer! Awesome to hear!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”