Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:13 am

Yeah that makes sense.

Just ugh.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:13 am
Yeah that makes sense.

Just ugh.
Agreed.

Like, I completely understand her reasoning for doing this, it's her last outing with the character, last chance to really make any money from it and the crash at the box office, in part due to Disney+ no doubt, really kinda tanked her earnings potential given her contract. But this wasn't some surprise move, it was announced months ago, and to wait until after the fact to litigate just seems a little petty. I guess it made sense to wait and see how the change would affect the outcome, but the verbiage just seems very combative.

On topic, I hope we can still get new figures despite this, because we need an IM2 and true Vormir version in some form of catch-up line down the road, which would probably need the most new tooling, a BW final battle with correct hairstyle and the better of the two face sculpts, maybe an updated Avengers figure for the anniversary with face printing, and the Civil War would be an easy enough repack, just a new hair piece on the good face and IW body. If they wanted to be cheap, they could throw all 4 heads in with a standard body like the red skull release and call it done.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Collector4612 wrote:
Like, I completely understand her reasoning for doing this, it's her last outing with the character, last chance to really make any money from it and the crash at the box office, in part due to Disney+ no doubt, really kinda tanked her earnings potential given her contract. But this wasn't some surprise move, it was announced months ago, and to wait until after the fact to litigate just seems a little petty. I guess it made sense to wait and see how the change would affect the outcome, but the verbiage just seems very combative.
With the legal issue, I'm entirely on her side. I know some are critical of someone who has a lot of money already wanting more money, but a contract is a contract and they changed things so that she didn't get what she signed up for. Warner Brothers managed to change their deals accordingly for the talent and directors to get fair compensation despite streaming releases, so it's not unheard of. I saw Disney released a pretty nasty response but apparently Feige has been pushing for her to get this deal for several months. I assume negotiations finally broke down on that so it was time for litigation. One Disney rep made it seem like "eh, this is simply the cost of doing business", so it didn't come across as comparable to the Cara Dune situation exactly at least.
Collector4612 wrote:
On topic, I hope we can still get new figures despite this, because we need an IM2 and true Vormir version in some form of catch-up line down the road, which would probably need the most new tooling, a BW final battle with correct hairstyle and the better of the two face sculpts, maybe an updated Avengers figure for the anniversary with face printing, and the Civil War would be an easy enough repack, just a new hair piece on the good face and IW body. If they wanted to be cheap, they could throw all 4 heads in with a standard body like the red skull release and call it done.
Right, the final battle one just seems like a no brainer. In fact, that and the Vormir figures could get away with minimal new tooling. And also yeah, there is some clamoring for her debut appearance. Pair her with a War Machine, I don't care, just have at it.

And that would be a good idea for a deluxe figure. That IW body with four heads, the vest, and weapons. She really has gotten the shaft now that you mention all the figures they skipped. She and Hawkeye are the big omissions from Civil War, but they also still could do a Vormir version of him too (and again, minimal retooling...if any), and an Age of Ultron version of him with the coat as well. I know it makes sense to pair Quicksilver with Wanda like many were hoping for, but I would have taken him in a set with Hawkeye too.
WayCoolPeople
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
With the legal issue, I'm entirely on her side. I know some are critical of someone who has a lot of money already wanting more money, but a contract is a contract and they changed things so that she didn't get what she signed up for. Warner Brothers managed to change their deals accordingly for the talent and directors to get fair compensation despite streaming releases, so it's not unheard of. I saw Disney released a pretty nasty response but apparently Feige has been pushing for her to get this deal for several months. I assume negotiations finally broke down on that so it was time for litigation. One Disney rep made it seem like "eh, this is simply the cost of doing business", so it didn't come across as comparable to the Cara Dune situation exactly at least.

It's worse than that. They'd specifically promised a new agreement with her if the movie's release was affected by Disney+. From the Variety article:

Emails from the star’s management group [...] asked the studio to guarantee that “Black Widow” would premiere exclusively in cinemas. In response, Marvel Chief Counsel Dave Galluzzi promised a traditional theatrical bow, while adding “We understand that should the plan change, we would need to discuss this with you and come to an understanding as the deal is based on a series of (very large) box office bonuses.”
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm

WayCoolPeople wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm
It's worse than that. They'd specifically promised a new agreement with her if the movie's release was affected by Disney+. From the Variety article:
Lovely. But thank you for posting that.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Oh for sure, I didn't mean to imply that her behavior was similar to the whole situation with Gina, I was more so referencing it in that Hasbro had product lined up ready to go for a restock, and Disney pulled the plug, prompting them to follow suit. In reading and seeing more about the situation, it does seem like I was mistaken in my take away earlier, as with the article WayCoolPeople pointed out, as well as the info coming out now that Feige himself is upset and frustrated with how Disney has handled this whole thing, it seems like Scarlett has really exhausted all other options and Disney really dropped the ball in not only their handling of the contract, but their response as well. It is starting to worry me a little about the future of this franchise, as Marvel has been at their best when Disney just steps back, gives them the cash, and let's them play in the sandbox.
Ru_1977 wrote:
Right, the final battle one just seems like a no brainer. In fact, that and the Vormir figures could get away with minimal new tooling. And also yeah, there is some clamoring for her debut appearance. Pair her with a War Machine, I don't care, just have at it.

And that would be a good idea for a deluxe figure. That IW body with four heads, the vest, and weapons. She really has gotten the shaft now that you mention all the figures they skipped. She and Hawkeye are the big omissions from Civil War, but they also still could do a Vormir version of him too (and again, minimal retooling...if any), and an Age of Ultron version of him with the coat as well. I know it makes sense to pair Quicksilver with Wanda like many were hoping for, but I would have taken him in a set with Hawkeye too.
It really is unfortunate just how few times we've gotten both of them in Legends form compared to the other 4 OG Avengers. Give us a handful of two packs and we'll have most of those team lineups done.

A Civil War 2 pack of her and Hawkeye would be great. That would leave just Ant-Man to complete the lineup. I would love to see a re-done War Machine Mk 3, since what we got was more concept art than actually what was on screen, as well as a Bucky that matches his film look, but I can live with what we've got if those never come.

We could get a 2 pack with the long coat AoU Hawkyeye and Scarlet Witch, giving us some form of everyone from that lineup, outside of an Ultron Prime, but I wonder whether Hasbro considers him different enough to redo. We could always use a Mk 45 Iron Man, and then Ultron Drones and the Iron Legion to fill out backgrounds.

Another 2 pack of Vormir Hawkeye and Nat, with minor tweaks to the existing figures to make them screen accurate and that movie's OG lineup would only be missing Jumpsuit Hulk.

Here's hoping everything works out in the end and we can eventually see these, maybe by the 20th anniversary Infinity Saga line. :lol:
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 am

Collector4612 wrote:
Oh for sure, I didn't mean to imply that her behavior was similar to the whole situation with Gina, I was more so referencing it in that Hasbro had product lined up ready to go for a restock, and Disney pulled the plug, prompting them to follow suit.
No, that was my immediate thought as well. The situation isn't the same, but the result as far as collectors are concerned may be.
Collector4612 wrote:
It is starting to worry me a little about the future of this franchise, as Marvel has been at their best when Disney just steps back, gives them the cash, and let's them play in the sandbox.
Same here. Feige recently made noises about doing away with multi-film contracts as well, basically letting actors come and go as they please, and this sort of thing might make some of them prefer to just go. Disney probably won't pull this sort of thing with Hemsworth... until they no longer see him as viable perhaps.
Collector4612 wrote:
A Civil War 2 pack of her and Hawkeye would be great. That would leave just Ant-Man to complete the lineup. I would love to see a re-done War Machine Mk 3, since what we got was more concept art than actually what was on screen, as well as a Bucky that matches his film look, but I can live with what we've got if those never come.
At first I was confused but you're right, they never did a regular-sized-man version of Scott from Civil War, which is definitely a distinct suit/helmet from either Ant-Man movie.

And Bucky, man, truth be told I've not been happy with any figure of him as far as accuracy goes. I think the IW Bucky may be the best looking one, but is definitely far from accurate. Steve finally got redone in all his beardy glory, let Bucky be next year or so.
Collector4612 wrote:
We could get a 2 pack with the long coat AoU Hawkyeye and Scarlet Witch, giving us some form of everyone from that lineup, outside of an Ultron Prime, but I wonder whether Hasbro considers him different enough to redo. We could always use a Mk 45 Iron Man, and then Ultron Drones and the Iron Legion to fill out backgrounds.

Another 2 pack of Vormir Hawkeye and Nat, with minor tweaks to the existing figures to make them screen accurate and that movie's OG lineup would only be missing Jumpsuit Hulk.

Here's hoping everything works out in the end and we can eventually see these, maybe by the 20th anniversary Infinity Saga line. :lol:
Ugh, just listing away and reminding me of all the ones I still want! heh. I keep assuring myself I am finished with Iron Man figures, but a Mark 45 would just be too much to turn down. Pairing that Hawkeye with Wanda would make a lot of sense, or even Wanda with the final version of Ultron (give him a post-Hulk-tossing alternate head and a torn-open chest piece you can switch out perhaps).

For that jumpsuit Hulk though, I would ask for it to be a deluxe set with the Endgame Rocket as an accessory. I also would not hesitate to get a Nebula with her Ravager jacket. (I still laugh that the Legends Johanson and Gillen figures from Endgame are the same height.) But that Vormir set, come on... so easy.

My other big want is really the Mk 4 War Machine. Give a totally exposed Rhodey head as well please.

I know some are really ready to move on from Infinity War and Endgame, hoping for more phase 1 and 2 gaps to be filled, but man... there's still quite a few left just from those two movies.

And I imagine we will...maybe 20th, maybe earlier. Seems like the Premium Line is an annual thing now. I made a joke elsewhere about a figure of Sam from the first five episodes of F&WS maybe happening for the Disney Plus tenth anniversary... but honestly, at this rate, maybe! The Disney Plus shows are a train Hasbro can barely build the tracks for as it steams ever onward.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am

I do think the premium line is basically an annual thing now. Just a matter of what theme is. I will be very curious for next year. Right now given the 1st wave of Spider-Man figures, I think it being a Spider-Man themed line is what I would bet on. Though I myself would probably prefer that most of the Spider-Man offerings come from the movie and we get another Saga line personally
WayCoolPeople
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am
I do think the premium line is basically an annual thing now. Just a matter of what theme is. I will be very curious for next year. Right now given the 1st wave of Spider-Man figures, I think it being a Spider-Man themed line is what I would bet on. Though I myself would probably prefer that most of the Spider-Man offerings come from the movie and we get another Saga line personally

I could definitely see them filling out a line for the 20th anniversary of the Sony movie series:

Spider-Man
Spider-Man
Green Goblin
Mary Jane Watson
The Human Spider (?)
Peter Parker (?)
Uncle Ben (?)

Spider-Man 2
Train Rescue Spider-Man
Doc Ock
Aunt May (?)

Spider-Man 3
Black-Suited Spider-Man
Sandman
Venom
Harry Osborne (?)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Gwen Stacy (?)
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:42 am

They're already missing so many characters from the Disney+ shows that they could probably fill out a whole other wave by the time Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel are done airing.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:05 am

And hopefully they do!
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:19 pm

My revised list of Disney+ missing/most wanted figures:

WandaVision:
Agatha Harkness
Monica Rambeau
Darcy
Jimmy Woo

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier:
Falcon (pre-Captain America outfit)
Battlestar
Sharon Carter
Batroc
Valentina
Karli

Loki:
He Who Remains
Ravonna w/ Miss Minutes
Hunter B-15
Kid Loki
Classic Loki
Boastful Loki
President Loki

When I started making the list, I had no idea there were so many I wanted :lol: . I could probably live without some of these. I'd say my biggest wants are Agatha and He Who Remains.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:26 pm

Awesome list. I would probably get Monica, though I'm fine waiting for Marvels or Secret Invasion if need be. Same with HWR, just different properties I expect him to get cooler costumes in. Val would be really tempting too, but don't call her that. I think the only Disney Plus want I really have is President Loki anymore, though I think a good chunk of your list SHOULD get made. (meaning I agree with them, not that I have any suspicions of Hasbro's plan.)
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:26 pm
Awesome list. I would probably get Monica, though I'm fine waiting for Marvels or Secret Invasion if need be. Same with HWR, just different properties I expect him to get cooler costumes in. Val would be really tempting too, but don't call her that. I think the only Disney Plus want I really have is President Loki anymore, though I think a good chunk of your list SHOULD get made. (meaning I agree with them, not that I have any suspicions of Hasbro's plan.)
I feel we'll get Val (just keep it in your head) eventually, as she seems to be building up to become an important character in Phase 4.

I'm sure we'll get a Kang figure, but I actually really want this costume of him, as I consider HWR a different character from who'll meet soon...

We're definitely getting Monica in the future, but again, I just really like how her WV outfit has the same colors from her original comics outfit.

And Agatha, I just really want her with the long dress and big hair and maniac expression. I'm afraid her look we'll be subdued when she resurfaces and I'm NOT here for that.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:09 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:
I feel we'll get Val (just keep it in your head)
Brilliant.
XMenLegacy wrote:
eventually, as she seems to be building up to become an important character in Phase 4.
I agree. She doesn't match any of my parameters for what I buy going forward, but I already love the character and that's gonna end up being why she goes on the shelf. Just not sure where yet.
XMenLegacy wrote:
I'm sure we'll get a Kang figure, but I actually really want this costume of him, as I consider HWR a different character from who'll meet soon...
I agree, and that would totally be my justification as well. I just know it will be a rabbit hole for me where I chase variants and build a council. I'm not doing that with Loki, but I could see myself doing it with Kang.
XMenLegacy wrote:
We're definitely getting Monica in the future, but again, I just really like how her WV outfit has the same colors from her original comics outfit.
Yeah, that's why I wouldn't mind getting this version too. I'm ready to get two Monicas, and that's it, that's my limit! But it's just a matter of getting two that are distinct from each other, so the WV costume may need to be one.
XMenLegacy wrote:
And Agatha, I just really want her with the long dress and big hair and maniac expression. I'm afraid her look we'll be subdued when she resurfaces and I'm NOT here for that.
No, she was an outstanding character, personified by an incredible performer, and had a really cool look. If she is packed with someone else I want, even just a little, I won't hesitate really. She just isn't one I'm outright demanding, but I could definitely still her on my villain shelf. Maybe Val too...

At least with the movies so far, I feel pretty good. I'm hoping for a Yelena in Hawkeye figure that makes up for my minor gripes with the BW one. Beyond that and I guess a proper Natasha, the one movie of the current phase so far is pretty well covered. Maybe a multi-head Widow army builder. Okay, nevermind, there's still some.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”