Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Missing MCU characters/Future Marvel anniversary figures (pt. 2)

Wed May 05, 2021 11:02 pm

Not that my option matters, but all of you are class acts. This conversation could have gone on and on, until everyone was attacking one another or just refused to move from their stance. We’ve all seen it happen in these forums before, but I love how everyone made their intentions clear, and are peacefully discussing what we all love. This is beautiful.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Agatha was awesome in the show, so I’d be happy to get a figure of her. Give her some magic effects, and her figure would look dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K.Avon
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Perhaps I read too much into it (and maybe this has been mentioned!), but my take on the character selection is, when this was planned and set it stone, Falcon and the Winter soldier was set to debut first, then Wanda, then Loki etc. Obviously due to the pandemic, that changed, but it leaves me with the impression this is basically heavy on the falcon/bucky stuff (plus extras, like the exclusive Walker) as it was based around that, it would've come out when the hype was around that show, and they probably had the most to go from that, while it just gives us the absolute bare minimum for the next two shows. Definitely expect an Agatha soon, and given it's popularity I'd expect at least another Wanda figure, possibly Monica, I hope Darcy and Jimmy.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 06, 2021 4:03 pm

K.Avon wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 pm
Perhaps I read too much into it (and maybe this has been mentioned!), but my take on the character selection is, when this was planned and set it stone, Falcon and the Winter soldier was set to debut first, then Wanda, then Loki etc. Obviously due to the pandemic, that changed, but it leaves me with the impression this is basically heavy on the falcon/bucky stuff (plus extras, like the exclusive Walker) as it was based around that, it would've come out when the hype was around that show, and they probably had the most to go from that, while it just gives us the absolute bare minimum for the next two shows. Definitely expect an Agatha soon, and given it's popularity I'd expect at least another Wanda figure, possibly Monica, I hope Darcy and Jimmy.
I kinda assumed this could be the case as well. It does make since.

Two things I hope to see...
1) That there are more characters coming for these shows in the very near "non-anniversary" future.
2) The team be more vocal about the process. I get that Disney/Marvel keep their workings under lock and key but would it be insane to send out a tweet or mention in a video a simple "We will be doing more characters from these first 3 shows?" Or "Agatha is coming." It's not like it's a spoiler to mention an upcoming toy...

I know we got a gif of Sharon saying I'm not done yet. But what does that really mean? The character isn't done in the films and TV? Or the team isn't done dropping D+ figures? It's a little too cryptic. But why?
whatevaevaeva
I wish I had super powers

Thu May 06, 2021 7:10 pm

My assumption was that in a pandemic-less world (where Falcon and Winter Soldier hit in August, WandaVision started October, and Loki in early-ish 2021), the Falcon and Winter Soldier figures would've been a line with some comics figures in place of Wanda/Vision/Loki, who'd likely be a later wave to time better with WandaVision spoilers and the Loki premiere.

When coronavirus got the MCU projects delayed, they threw all the comics figures and some GamerVerse repaints together to make the Joe Fixit line to help fill the gap.

I also figure there's a deluxe red-and-gray MCU Falcon in the works, and at least another live-action Disney+ wave this year to cover Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, and maybe add a demanded-but-easy-to-produce character from WV or TF&TWS.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:18 pm

That would be great.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 26, 2021 6:04 am

Ryan answers a question about army builders in the comments.

legends was the first to offer (comic) troop builders in an easy to collect format. Perhaps MCU troop builders will be in the future. There has been talk, rest assured.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:36 am

I saw Hot Toys is reissuing their War Machine mark 1 figure, apparently due to popular demand. Hopefully Hasbro follows suit with next year's premium line.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Desperately need Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Dark World stuff next go.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 pm

I'll be curious to see how they play this going forward. They anchor these lines on whatever the most current big film is. Particularly this time with Endgame. If they stick strictly to the Infinity Saga they won't be able to use Thor 4 or MoM to anchor the line. I'm fine with that because it gives all 3 phases a fair shot. But it begs the question of when do we start doing make up figures for phase 4 and beyond? As of right now I'd prefer them to stick to the Infinity Saga until we get more holes filled. We aren't missing many from phase 4 just yet.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm

Why fix holes for movies not even out yet? Just do those in random 2 packs and such. Keep the Infinity Saga line just for phases 1-3
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:58 pm

I think he may mean the two Phase 4 properties already released. But also, I can't imagine there won't be at least one or two characters each in Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals fans will wanna add to the shelf. NWH is almost guaranteed to have some.

These shows are really gonna clog up the Missed... Lists at this rate.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:54 pm

True, but the shows are also brand new and many characters will be seen in other shows. They can do them in their next outings and in various 2 packs. The one-off characters are the ones I would be most worried may get left in the dust, but I wouldn't worry about a Phase 4 line at this point. Wait until Phase 5 at least, and sprinkle the occasional make-up figure in 2 packs in the meantime
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm

e-rock wrote:
True, but the shows are also brand new and many characters will be seen in other shows. They can do them in their next outings and in various 2 packs. The one-off characters are the ones I would be most worried may get left in the dust, but I wouldn't worry about a Phase 4 line at this point. Wait until Phase 5 at least, and sprinkle the occasional make-up figure in 2 packs in the meantime
Yeah, good point. The only one I'd worry about, for those who want it, is the first-five-episodes Falcon. Otherwise, Monica is definitely coming back and likely with more of a costume, and Loki is getting a second season so that show may get its own wave later on.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm
e-rock wrote:
Yeah, good point. The only one I'd worry about, for those who want it, is the first-five-episodes Falcon. Otherwise, Monica is definitely coming back and likely with more of a costume, and Loki is getting a second season so that show may get its own wave later on.
Yep. Monica will get one either for The Marvel's or possibly Secret Invasion. All the newbies will come.. We are now 3 projects into Phase 4, but also it's first year. We didn't get a proper make up line for 10 years for the movies. I think we can give it time.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”