ML Part Swaps

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Part Swaps

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:07 pm

Really impressed with that Cecilia Reyes custom. Here's hoping the 3-packs end up at a sale price so I can snag an extra and do something similar. Joseph seems like an easy no-brainer with thise costume as well. So easy I'll be shocked if Hasbro doesn't eventually do it themselves.
LipSmack
Avengers Assemble

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:19 pm

^ my only concern is if they do additional figs later the blues and yellows won't match, so I'm gunna load up on these ones for consistencies sake lol
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:43 am

chris350 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 am
Could someone throw the MCU Wong head on the Ned Leeds figure? Curious how it fits.
Was rearranging today and had a second to try this! It fits, but the neck is very thick, and Wong's head feels very small.

https://i.postimg.cc/1XvPJ5Qk/IMG-8422.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sX93G40D/IMG-8423.jpg
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:17 am

JPC wrote:
chris350 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 am
Could someone throw the MCU Wong head on the Ned Leeds figure? Curious how it fits.
Was rearranging today and had a second to try this! It fits, but the neck is very thick, and Wong's head feels very small.

https://i.postimg.cc/1XvPJ5Qk/IMG-8422.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sX93G40D/IMG-8423.jpg
Thank you! This helps a lot. Scale wise, I think it could work for my project. Is the neck piece on Ned separate from the torso? I appreciate it!

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

itsmejoee
Super Poseable

Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:51 am

Hoping to swap the hair on vertigo from the Stryfe boxed set. Anyone have any recommendations?
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:45 am

I take more issue with her face and it being just a straight copy of Sue Storm than her hair. But I will always be a fan of Polaris' hair sculpt / perm.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:55 am

LipSmack wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:11 pm
JTMarsh wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:34 am
Only using training suit Gambit for the new head to put on the old Gambit figure. I'll have to see how well he makes for a Joseph body beyond that.
Yes I'm hoping to get a bunch of spares and parts to do a number of customs, probably for characters that weren't even on the team, I just love the blue and yellows, forge is a bit trickier but the legs pop off easily enough
As a kid I didn't have #275. I'd seen it but never read it, so I always associated the blue/yellow as either being the "general issue" suit Xavier must give people upon their joining the X-Men, or them just being "Danger Room training suits," given that some characters like Wolverine were constantly getting their costumes destroyed. It makes sense if one thinks about it. Eventually you WOULD run out of suits or need new ones made and have to wear something in the meantime. There WAS a cover a couple years back that had the whole team in blue/yellow, even if most on the cover never actually wore those. But I've always thought Cyclops would be the most likely to wear one, given that he was always Xavier's go-to guy. Personally I don't like them on characters like Colossus, Nightcrawler or Gambit, who've either never had that color scheme or their personality already dictates they don't really follow the rest of the crowd when it comes to their look.

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:20 pm

Never seen Rogue in that color scheme before! It's weird. :)

My favorite one-off look is an old Wizard X-Men Bachalo cover where he drew Rogue in her Jim Lee outfit but with the whole body suit green and the jacket and gloves yellow. I have a Siryn just waiting for me to get around to her to make that version. :)
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:16 pm

I always liked the idea of the X-folks being in mostly-matching uniforms. Seems like they are much more of a “school team” than outright superheroes, so it makes sense that they would be wearing a uniform style. I honestly think Frank Quitely has come the closest to nailing that kind of look (pants and jackets make more sense to me than form-fitting spandex-type outfits for the X-guys), but I do like the blue/yellow togs. Fun to have all of these characters in that look.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:03 am

Royalcollector, that is a pretty great Dr Reyes!

I finally found the alt Elektra head from the 3 pack (sadly can’t say the same for the DD) at a really low price and started the Dark Phoenix you already tackled, that I’d been waiting to try months ago. Still have some more painting and dry brushing, used one of the 6 alt Cuckoo heads I had on hand but may try the Zarana Classified head instead with some minor painting.
PurpleLantern
Avengers Assemble

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:21 am

Can someone please tell me which BAF torsos have the same sized shoulder hole as Warlock? I have an arm that fits Warlock's torso. Thanks.

Edit: Retro cardback Mr. Fantastic's arm pegs are too small to snap into Warlock's torso.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:13 am

PurpleLantern wrote:
Can someone please tell me which BAF torsos have the same sized shoulder hole as Warlock? I have an arm that fits Warlock's torso. Thanks.
Do I detect someone making a custom Phalanx figure? I assume that arm is too big for a Doug Ramsay one.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:14 am

maschine9 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:03 am
Royalcollector, that is a pretty great Dr Reyes!

I finally found the alt Elektra head from the 3 pack (sadly can’t say the same for the DD) at a really low price and started the Dark Phoenix you already tackled, that I’d been waiting to try months ago. Still have some more painting and dry brushing, used one of the 6 alt Cuckoo heads I had on hand but may try the Zarana Classified head instead with some minor painting.
She looks fantastic! Using one of the many Cuckoo heads is genius, gorgeous sculpt and the white eyes is a deadringer.
PurpleLantern
Avengers Assemble

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:55 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:13 am
PurpleLantern wrote:
Do I detect someone making a custom Phalanx figure? I assume that arm is too big for a Doug Ramsay one.
Nope. The only unused torso I have lying around is for Warlock, so that's what I recently experimented with by connecting an unnamed muscle arm.

I'm wondering about Absorbing Man torso, but looks a bit old compared to WWE Elite shirtless torsos.
Kollector Kombat
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:47 am

Hey everyone! My first attempt at some customs/kitbashes in years! Been wanting some more Zombies in my collection and haven't had any success finding any that'd suit it, so I decided to give it a shot myself! Knocked these all out tonight. Very minimalistic, just head and hand swaps, painted the skin tones, a couple different colored washes and lots of "blood". I'm by no means a professional customizer but I think they turned out pretty decent! The only rule was to keep the skintones close to the MCU Zombies just for synergy. I think I accomplished that.Image

Sent from my A507DL using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics