ML Part Swaps

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Gladiator
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Part Swaps

Thu May 26, 2022 5:13 am

NORM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 pm
Just messing around. Noticed how close Siryn’s colors are to Rogue’s.

And for this pirate Nightcrawler, there’s a few things going on. The hat is from the Deadpool figure that came with Madcap. Belt around his chest is from a Wolverine. The right arm smoke effect is from Nico Minoru, and the black smoke effects on his left and pink fire effects are from 20th Iron Man and retro Scarlet Witch respectively. Been looking for ways to visualize the BAMF effect, and thought I’d try these options. Which effects do you think look better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This fella on Instagram, handle name Marvelodad, sells a light up bamf effect, along with an iceman slide, and magneto bubble. His stuff is awesome if you’re looking to up your collection.
Gladiator
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 5:18 am

NORM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 pm
Just messing around. Noticed how close Siryn’s colors are to Rogue’s.

And for this pirate Nightcrawler, there’s a few things going on. The hat is from the Deadpool figure that came with Madcap. Belt around his chest is from a Wolverine. The right arm smoke effect is from Nico Minoru, and the black smoke effects on his left and pink fire effects are from 20th Iron Man and retro Scarlet Witch respectively. Been looking for ways to visualize the BAMF effect, and thought I’d try these options. Which effects do you think look better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You also might snag one of these smoke effects from Mezco. They come in a bunch of colors and you have to find someone selling it loose. I paid less than $20 for it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 10:22 am

I appreciate the suggestion, but I’m actually just trying to work with what I’ve got. I have so many accessories that just sit in bags. Sometimes repurposing them brings new life to them. Like using Hydroman’s water boots for Namor.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 pm

What do Odin's heads look like on the gold-blue MCU Thor?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:28 pm

This display no longer exists (but the mutants ARE in a new display), and they're hardly an affordable or common solution, but I use the pink explosions from Figuarts Star-Lord:

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 4:04 pm

So, by the way you guys have avoided answering my initial query of "which effects look better", your replies tell me, "both look like crap, try something else." Noted. Maybe I should have asked, "which of these two I've currently got attached to Nightcrawler look better?"
Spider-Jay420
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri May 27, 2022 4:14 pm

I like the pink more than the black.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 4:15 pm

NORM wrote:
So, by the way you guys have avoided answering my initial query of "which effects look better", your replies tell me, "both look like crap, try something else." Noted. Maybe I should have asked, "which of these two I've currently got attached to Nightcrawler look better?"
I think the mixing of the Scarlet Witch "magic" effects and the Iron Man smoke effects looks pretty good!

Those smoke effects in pick would be ideal.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 8:39 pm

NORM wrote:
NORMY! Pink is the better of the two, but I agree that there should be a better option for the fuzzy elf. There is an effect that I've seen in some ACBA shots that have some unique uses for cotton balls to replicate his bamfs.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri May 27, 2022 8:55 pm

I prefer the pink effects. I tend to think of pink as the X-Men's unofficial accent color. Gambit's powers, Jean's powers, Psylocke's powers, etc.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Fri May 27, 2022 9:03 pm

True, now that you mention it -- Professor X, Bishop, Karma, Dazzler, Scarlet Witch, and Jubilee can all use pink effects.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:03 pm

SYNNER wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:39 pm
NORM wrote:
NORMY! Pink is the better of the two, but I agree that there should be a better option for the fuzzy elf. There is an effect that I've seen in some ACBA shots that have some unique uses for cotton balls to replicate his bamfs.
Are you referring to poms? On slide 4

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 5:23 pm

I personally wouldn't use that unraveled colored cotton. It looks like Halloween spiderwebs people put on bushes, and I want something more permanent and durable.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 8:25 am

Sorry, Norm! I love the use of Nico's piece...
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 29, 2022 4:11 pm

Did a few head swaps.

Ravager Thor and Infinity War Thor.

I used Magic Eraser on the TAS Wolverine head and put it on the Love Triangle Wolverine. The yellows are pretty close, but the skintones are not. I was going to keep the cel shading, but it was pretty easy taking off the paint that I think I'll just do it, at least limit the cel shading.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”