ML Part Swaps

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spidey2378
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Part Swaps

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:23 am
spidey2378 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:35 am
Anyone know how I can replace the pointing hand on the Dark Phoenix TRU Cylcops figure (80s version) ? I want him to have 2 fists rather than the pointing hand. Is there a figure with a fist that's the same approximate shade as the figure?
Retro Electro's and Retro Vision's yellows both look darn close to '70s Cyke's to my eye. 3-pack Jim Lee Cyclops's is a little further away (I think; I don't have it in front of me) but is the other yellow-fisted average-sized male Legend that comes to mind.

The love triangle Cyclops' yellow is a bit too bright. 80's cyke is like in between jim lee and LT shades. But I'll take a look at Electro and Vision. Hopefully they're not too expensive.

spidey2378
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:58 am
Mark_Bowen wrote:
spidey2378 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:35 am
Anyone know how I can replace the pointing hand on the Dark Phoenix TRU Cylcops figure (80s version) ? I want him to have 2 fists rather than the pointing hand. Is there a figure with a fist that's the same approximate shade as the figure?
Retro Electro's and Retro Vision's yellows both look darn close to '70s Cyke's to my eye. 3-pack Jim Lee Cyclops's is a little further away (I think; I don't have it in front of me) but is the other yellow-fisted average-sized male Legend that comes to mind.
I recently ran into this same dilemma but found an easy solution! Buy an extra ML God Doom. He comes with a bunch of various hands, all in white, and the figure has been as low as $12 bucks! The white is an easy clean up with warm soapy water and you can paint this perfect matching citadel yellow paint directly onto it with no base coat needed. I am doing this for both Vision & Leader this weekend.

That is an option. But can you let me know what shade of yellow matches? Do you have a picture of it on your cyke? If so I can go this route :)
Gladiator
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:43 pm

spidey2378 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:31 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:58 am
Mark_Bowen wrote:

I recently ran into this same dilemma but found an easy solution! Buy an extra ML God Doom. He comes with a bunch of various hands, all in white, and the figure has been as low as $12 bucks! The white is an easy clean up with warm soapy water and you can paint this perfect matching citadel yellow paint directly onto it with no base coat needed. I am doing this for both Vision & Leader this weekend.

That is an option. But can you let me know what shade of yellow matches? Do you have a picture of it on your cyke? If so I can go this route :)
So what I did was I downloaded the Games Workshop Citadel Colour Paints App to see which color was closest. I then located a local Games Workshop location near me and took the figure and yellow hands with me. Together with the associate, we were able to confirm my suspected color as the right one. The yellow colors they offer:

OhmaTime
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:04 pm

Does anyone know some white, non heeled legs that would fit on the Emma Frost body? I know it isn't accurate, but I want her to have flat feet to be able to stand easier. I tried just swapping feet which went badly, and Deadly Origins Black Widow's legs didn't work

Any help would be appreciated.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 pm

I don't know if it'll fit Emma Frost body, but I think the ML Dagger has white legs and flat feet.
OhmaTime

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 pm
I don't know if it'll fit Emma Frost body, but I think the ML Dagger has white legs and flat feet.
That it does! I'll look around for a cheap Dagger and try it out. Thanks!

I used the new Shriek's legs on the Hellfire Jean Grey and it worked perfectly. If push comes to shove I guess I can get a second Shriek and try painting them
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 am

MCU Yelena's feet are flat and white. White Widow's feet have the chunky heel but are sturdy.
OhmaTime

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:25 pm

I ordered a cheap Dagger off eBay. However since my DO Black Widow was basically fodder anyway, I decided to try something.

Swapped the pins at the lower leg. Color is not nearly as bad in person, but the lower legs are quite loose, sort of negating what flat feet are supposed to do.

Hopefully Dagger will work, though Snow Suit MCU Natasha could be a last resort (Yelena is a bit pricey for foddering sadly, thank you for the suggestion though!).
YinzerToyGuy

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Here's what i did with Callisto. Straight part swaps with pieces from WWE Elite Rhea Ripley. No mods needed.

Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 pm

Nice! May steal that!
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 pm

I bought that wrestling figure to use for my custom Callisto literally right before she was revealed, so I'll absolutely also be doing that same swap around of pieces. They look excellent.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Always hated how out of proportion skinny and tall the MCU Yelena turned out and have been planning swaps for months. Finally did it and now I'm pretty happy:

Swapped Yelena and White Widow's lower legs completely, included web gear. I'd have left those but didn't feel like removing them, and one broke anyway. Then I swapped their feet back bc Widow should have her wedge and it helps the height. I tried Infinity War Natasha's vests on every Widow figure to see if it would work but then I realized just putting it over the super tight vest works pretty darn well. I could paint white under it, but it doesn't bother me, and now Yelena is much more accurate!! Still needs a ponytail...
OhmaTime

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm

ast update on my Emma Frost conversion, I promise.

Dagger legs are mostly a perfect fit, and thigh width are SLIGHTLY off, but neither is noticeable enough to make me want to try more solutions. She stands, and looks good doing it and that is what matters to me.

Just need to clean up the legs a bit, they seem to have some dirt on them.
peanut234
Customized

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm

Happy you found a solution!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Yeah, the dagger legs seem to be the go to for anyone looking to leg swap her for a while now. Glad you found a solution

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics