Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:18 pm

Bolt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 pm
Dwight mentioned Legion (not as a figure but he did mention him lol) wonder if he might be a part of this wave.
I hope so; it'd save me from having to make him!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 pm

So if he’s huge...does that mean we’re thinking he’s based on some parts of Omega Red? And that there’s also now shoulders for Omega Red that don’t have peg holes in them?
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Sabertooth looks good, thinking he might come with a new head for Blink. I don't believe he's the BAF
Springwolf84
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am

I think that’s definitely the Omega Red/Warpath body and Sabe’s collar is plugged into the shoulder holes.
I also don’t think he’ll be the BAF if that is the body he’s on, since it wasn’t designed to be disassembled.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 am

Looks to me that AoA Sabretooth might be reusing the base body from Colossus/Death's Head II with new arms & boots.
He's bigger than his 616 counterpart so it makes sense to use a bigger body. I could be wrong & that it's a new body, doesn't look like Omega Red, as he's not got the butterfly joints.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:01 am

Here's hoping Sabretooth has that ponytail! The Tallus from Exiles would be awesome, too, but I know that's really reaching. The thought of having a fuller roster of AoA guys is awesome, but they gave us everything with a 616 crossover last series, for the most part. I'd love if AoA Nightcrawler had an X-Force variant somewhere down the road. Here's hoping Legion makes the cut. I don't know how many others really have that 616 connection aside from him.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 am

Jonan wrote:Here's hoping Sabretooth has that ponytail! The Tallus from Exiles would be awesome, too, but I know that's really reaching. The thought of having a fuller roster of AoA guys is awesome, but they gave us everything with a 616 crossover last series, for the most part. I'd love if AoA Nightcrawler had an X-Force variant somewhere down the road. Here's hoping Legion makes the cut. I don't know how many others really have that 616 connection aside from him.
Well Dwight did make a Legion joke reference... I have to believe it's pretty intentional

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:25 am

Piffy wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 pm
They said he comes with some secret accessories, so I'm inclined to think he'll be a single release. Maybe this wave's figure that comes without a BaF piece.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Here’s hoping for a burned Weapon X head!

My wishlist lineup:

Cyclops
Rogue
Gambit
Magneto
Colossus
Sabretooth
Mr Sinister

BAF Nemesis
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:21 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Jonan wrote:Here's hoping Sabretooth has that ponytail! The Tallus from Exiles would be awesome, too, but I know that's really reaching. The thought of having a fuller roster of AoA guys is awesome, but they gave us everything with a 616 crossover last series, for the most part. I'd love if AoA Nightcrawler had an X-Force variant somewhere down the road. Here's hoping Legion makes the cut. I don't know how many others really have that 616 connection aside from him.
Well Dwight did make a Legion joke reference... I have to believe it's pretty intentional

The fact that he said his names gives me the felling he not, they like to throw easter eggs like having comic or older figure in the background. Saying his name is not good news. Like how he caught himself from giving to much information on Sabertooth.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 am

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

The fact that he said his names gives me the felling he not, they like to throw easter eggs like having comic or older figure in the background. Saying his name is not good news. Like how he caught himself from giving to much information on Sabertooth.
I think its usually the opposite, unless he's poking fun at us with like an armadillo joke.

K.Avon
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 am

Had the same thought about the Tallus! I would say so they could reuse it on an Exiles Mimic, but to make it work it'd have to slip over his forearm and that'd probably swamp a potential Mimic! (and thinking about it, it was an entirely different design...).

Delighted Sabes is big, but not the BAF as I'd struggle to justify an entire BAF wave just for him, as much as I want him for my Exiles. He did have a ponytail in Exiles, and pupils versus the entirely white eyes (usually?), his armor was also more bright red/yellow versus the muted colours of AoA. Sincerely hope he has those extra heads for the AoA fans, I basically got an Exiles Blink and Morph and I will never tire of being in shock over that, or shouting from the roof how totally brilliant Exiles was, but, that's not what a lot of folks wanted, I have to think at some point they'll throw in an AoA Blink head somewhere at least.

I'm not a massive fan of AoA, but I'd struggle to resist a Cyclops and Magneto as they had brilliant designs.., I feel like Holocaust/Nemesis has a strong chance of being the BAF as he was briefly one of the Exiles (seriously), no spoilers, it was memorable and while I doubt there's many of us I'd buy the wave for him on the strength of that appearance (and I have to think Hasbro has weighed in that extra appeal). I don't know much about the AoA universe but it strikes me he'd make a nice trio with Sugar Man and Apocalypse in terms of "big" characters too
Alpha Fan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 pm

I am happy for AoA fans but I am disappointed. We get two X-Men waves this year and they are both thematic.

I hope they find a way to give us some classic X-Men characters next year either in a BAF or Retro wave. At least we kinda know Excalibur is coming so there's that.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Alpha Fan wrote:
I am happy for AoA fans but I am disappointed. We get two X-Men waves this year and they are both thematic.

I hope they find a way to give us some classic X-Men characters next year either in a BAF or Retro wave. At least we kinda know Excalibur is coming so there's that.
Aaaaaaaaaand we're getting that Domino/Cannonball 2-pack. I wouldn't be surprised if it had some sort of 30th X-Force anniversary theme to it, which absolutely blows my mind since that's when I started reading comics.......and they were celebrating Spidey's 30th shortly after. :shock:

With that in mind, maybe they'll sneak a retro X-Force wave in somewhere? It's definitely not likely, but we can certainly dream. FeralRictorSirynGideonKaneAnotherCablekthx
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Jonan wrote:
Alpha Fan wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaand we're getting that Domino/Cannonball 2-pack. I wouldn't be surprised if it had some sort of 30th X-Force anniversary theme to it, which absolutely blows my mind since that's when I started reading comics.......and they were celebrating Spidey's 30th shortly after. :shock:

With that in mind, maybe they'll sneak a retro X-Force wave in somewhere? It's definitely not likely, but we can certainly dream. FeralRictorSirynGideonKaneAnotherCablekthx
They actually never said it was a 2 pack, and this insinuates its actually not. Personally I think its an xforce retro wave of sorts or a box setImage

CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:55 pm

X-force #1 was released 1991. So its 30 years old this year. Maybe they have something bigger planned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”