Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:42 pm

I don’t know that X-Force means anything for an AoA Nightcrawler. Realistically they’d need to be separate figures if you’re really trying to get that complete X-Force gray/black uniformity.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:41 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 am
Piffy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:28 am
Starting with the obvious shoo-ins, I don't see a way we aren't getting these three. Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Phew, that Rogue costume. It wanted to be overdesigned, but it couldn't decide between puffy sleeves, Magneto's collar, random stripes, and pouches, so it went with all of the above.
Rogue, Sabretooth, Wildchild, Morph, Blink, Sunfire and Magneto all wear the same studded collar.
It’s in place of having “X”s splattered over every inch of their costumes. :wink:
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:39 pm

Benn Roe wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 am
I would definitely get the hell out of some Madri, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Forge is another unlikely pick I'd be all about.
How could I have forgotten Forge?! He was so integral to X-Man and his design was outta this world. I'd LOVE to see that represented in toy form!!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 pm

sepster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Piffy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:28 am
Starting with the obvious shoo-ins, I don't see a way we aren't getting these three. Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Phew, that Rogue costume. It wanted to be overdesigned, but it couldn't decide between puffy sleeves, Magneto's collar, random stripes, and pouches, so it went with all of the above.
Rogue, Sabretooth, Wildchild, Morph, Blink, Sunfire and Magneto all wear the same studded collar.

I don't think that makes it better.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:24 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 pm
sepster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

I don't think that makes it better.

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:I hope Storm makes it, otherwise there will only be 2 ladies on the AOA display (Jean and probably Rogue).
I feel like if we know we’re getting a Lady Deathstrike then between her and the GSX Storm we have a lot of the costume parts for AOA Storm already? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:17 pm

I’d forgotten how much reuse Rogue would have from the Jean figure. Yep, she’s a shoe in.

I guess Storm does have the puffy sleeves too...

I keep going over the stories to figure which “bad guys” could make this wave. Nemesis for sure. Probably BAF. Could also be a deluxe fig. They enjoy those $40-50 figures in the Fall. Abyss is visually awesome in the books. A figure? Sinister is doable. I think Alex to oppose Scott is doable. Maybe they just focus on the X-Men for these and anything else us gravy. They can pack in a lava lamp psychic I suppose.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:17 pm

e-rock wrote:
september_death wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:Im in the camp of not needing Sinister, but for God's sake get us abyss, Holocaust, and mikhail at least

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If we get the other three, we need Sinister.

I’m not sure, even back to the 5” days, that we’ve ever gotten four horsemen that were all horsemen at the same time.
Exactly. Sinister is necessary to complete the Horseman
I get that, but id rather have never been done or much needed redos for now. He could always come as a deluxe figure later with accessories.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:17 am

The studded bolt Magneto collar is probably just more to signify they're part of Magneto's team etc. as I don't remember Quicksilver's/Storm's team having anyone with that collar on it. I never had a problem with that collar aspect. As for AOA Storm, given the parts they're going to have to make for Rogue, and Hasbro's motivation to reuse parts to capitalize on for other figures, I wouldn't be surprised if Storm could be in the cards as well. Mostly because it's Storm afterall and completionists will likely have her on their list. Besides if both we and Hasbro are in the mindset of "teams," and only one team is going to be mostly completed while the Adjectiveless X-Men book from AOA is lacking, people will likely want to complete that team next. I think Hasbro has a good idea of which characters people will want next once they get the second wave too.

Until then I'm most excited for AOA Iceman and Sabretooth.

Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:08 am

IMHO Sabertooth vs Holocaust/Nemesis would be the perfect 2 pack

AoA fans will pick it up, someone looking to build a Exiles team would pick it up. also because both was actually in the 616 Universe, they would pick it up.

It would aslo make wave 2 more interesting if those two wasn't apart of it.

I strongly believe at some point every character that had a original toybiz figure will get a Marvel Legends version. They all might not be in the same wave.
The only one Im iffy with is Omega Red, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.
JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:08 am
The only one Im iffy with is Omega Red, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.
As I remember Omega Red in AOA was blue and silver, was he still called Omega "Red?"
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

I think it might have just been “Omega.”
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 pm

I like your idea of a Sabretooth/Holocaust 2 pack! That would free up the BAF for Colossus or Abyss!
Plus there would still be 7 to 8 spots (do we really need one character taking 2 spots?)
Cyclops, Magneto, Gambit (if we go with the Toy Biz thinking)
Rogue (how can she not?)
That would still give us 3 to 4 spots for the other 15 characters I want from AOA LOL
But if the Hasbro team asked me, I'd put Storm, Forge, Banshee, and Exodus in those spots! (I think Storm has a chance but not the other 3)
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:08 pm

They called him by his last name (Rossovich) in the comics
And called the toybiz figure Omega

When it comes to X-Men I would never be surprised to see figures of Wolverine, Magneto, Storm Cyclops or Deadpool.

I seen someone post Cyclops Havok Sinister 3 pack. I agree with that
Rogue Magneto 2 pack works

I also wouldn't mind Gambit Strong Guy 2 pack
I don't see them ever using that Strong Guy mold again. I also don't believe a AoA deluxe Strong Guy would sale great solo ( I'll buy him..but Im all in any thing AoA) but slap Gambit with him and I think that works
Benn Roe
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm

I was always most into Factor X and Generation Next, so I'm still really, really hoping for a Havok to go with the inevitable Cyclops, and for both Colossus and Shadowcat. I know these are likely pipe dreams, but along with the completely undisputed need for Magneto, Rogue, and Sabertooth, I really hope we see most or all of those. I like Gambit, but his look was so boring in the Age of Apocalypse, I really think we could do without him and his whole team. I know some of you were X-Ternals fans, and I want everyone to get what they want, but I'm definitely much more interested in Colossus, Havok, and Shadowcat. I would love Forge and the Madri too, but I think they're even less likely.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”