Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:50 am

I’d love to see a link to that rogue running change if anyone has one.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:12 pm

I have to admit Im very bias when it comes to the AoA, so I would've been happy with any AoA figures they put out. After completing the way I definitely believe we will get a Wave 3 and wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 4.

I watch most if not all the youtube reviews on wave to and feel all was positive, yes alot shots at Cyclops be I felt they were fair shots, but most reviewers said they wouldn't mine seeing a third way. In my o3 thats a win.

My issues with wave is just nitpicks. I was high on Legion being on the wave. One of my top 3 most wanted 616 X-men characters, but as far as AoA goes I was salty :lol:

Also looking at all my figures, the heroes look amazing together. The villains are a little under whelming, but that's more a Marvel Legends issue then a AoA issue.

I really feel good about future AoA figures and very happy with what I have so far.

Odds on future figures IMHO
Holocaust/Nemesis 100%
Gambit 95%
Nightcrawler 95%
Sinister 90%
Havok 90%
Storm 85%
Abyss 85%
Bishop 80%
Quicksilver 80%
Deadman Wade 70%
Jubilee 70%
Forge 60%
Banshee 60%
Domino 50%
Dazzler 50%
Infinites 50%
Mikhail 45%
Strong Guy 45%
Exodus 45%
Cannonball 45%
Everyone else I give a 40%
DanMan
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 pm

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
I have to admit Im very bias when it comes to the AoA, so I would've been happy with any AoA figures they put out. After completing the way I definitely believe we will get a Wave 3 and wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 4.

I watch most if not all the youtube reviews on wave to and feel all was positive, yes alot shots at Cyclops be I felt they were fair shots, but most reviewers said they wouldn't mine seeing a third way. In my o3 thats a win.

My issues with wave is just nitpicks. I was high on Legion being on the wave. One of my top 3 most wanted 616 X-men characters, but as far as AoA goes I was salty :lol:

Also looking at all my figures, the heroes look amazing together. The villains are a little under whelming, but that's more a Marvel Legends issue then a AoA issue.

I really feel good about future AoA figures and very happy with what I have so far.

Holocaust/Nemesis 100%
Gambit 95%
Nightcrawler 95%
Sinister 90%
Havok 90%
Storm 85%
Abyss 85%
Bishop 80%
Quicksilver 80%
Deadman Wade 70%
Jubilee 70%
Forge 60%
Banshee 60%
Domino 50%
Dazzler 50%
Infinites 50%
Mikhail 45%
Strong Guy 45%
Exodus 45%
Cannonball 45%
I like your list. I think Gambit and Nightcrawler are definitely tops for must-haves. Sinister is pretty easy reuse, but so similar to his standard look I don't find him very exciting. He certainly is important to the story though. Storm is tops for popular characters left to be covered. I think Abyss is such a unique sculpt, he's unlikely except as a BAF. He's so cool-looking I hope we get him, but I can't see him selling well as a single pack.
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:24 pm

DanMan wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 pm
Nate_Grey518 wrote:

Holocaust/Nemesis 100%
Gambit 95%
Nightcrawler 95%
Sinister 90%
Havok 90%
Storm 85%
Abyss 85%
Bishop 80%
Quicksilver 80%
Deadman Wade 70%
Jubilee 70%
Forge 60%
Banshee 60%
Domino 50%
Dazzler 50%
Infinites 50%
Mikhail 45%
Strong Guy 45%
Exodus 45%
Cannonball 45%
I like your list. I think Gambit and Nightcrawler are definitely tops for must-haves. Sinister is pretty easy reuse, but so similar to his standard look I don't find him very exciting. He certainly is important to the story though. Storm is tops for popular characters left to be covered. I think Abyss is such a unique sculpt, he's unlikely except as a BAF. He's so cool-looking I hope we get him, but I can't see him selling well as a single pack.
I agree with Sinister being somewhat similar to his 616 look but I still want him because of that unreleased prototype 5" Toy Biz figure way back when. Loss aversion is a potent force! I also wouldn't mind getting him as Essex, the worst disguise ever. Weird to hide that you are Sinister aka Nathaniel Essex by disguising yourself as the most sinister looking dude by the name of Essex, but he did spend much of the X-Man series in this form.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:07 pm

Got Sabretooth in from Target yesterday, plus Target cancelled my final pre-order as well for Shadowcat. Guess they're having trouble getting her in. Best Buy has her so I snagged her there.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:35 pm

I took advantage of Target's buy 2, get 1 free sale and purchased Magneto, Rogue, and Iceman. I also had a $15 gift card (for my cancelled Y2 Batman orders) and some Circle cash back. Combining all that along with using Rakuten and my credit card's 1.5% cash back, I got all 3 for a little over $8 each.
While on the AoA kick, I also ordered Morph from HasbroToyShop's eBay store for $11.49, X-Man for $9.99 and from Gamestop, Wildchild for $9.99.

Initially, I purchased Wolverine & Jean for $5 during Walmart's clearance last year and effectively got Dark Beast for free during some Target sale last year, I think it was spending $100, get $20 off.

I really like AoA but never wanted to pay full price for any of the characters so I've been slowly picking them off at heavily discounted prices.

All I need is Sunfire, Sabretooth, Cyclops, and Shadowcat to complete this nice sub-set collection.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:03 pm

I can give multiple reason for them to give us AoA Sinister.
1. Not getting that original Toybiz one. I really wanted that figure, I remember seeing it previewed in Wizards magazine and not actually be released was frustrating.
2. On the final episode of Wolverine and the X-Men, we see Apocalypse with 616 Cyclops and 616 Sinister at the end of the show. I beeing told if the show had continued the next season would've been Age of Apocalypse thymed.
3. We never had a four versions of Apocalypse horsemen. This could be the first time we get a four characters. Not just one from this time one from that time ect.
For me one of the things I think of when I think about Apocalypse is his horsemen, really wish they can finally give us four of them.
4. I wouldn't mind Essex either, I think that would be creative if the did that version of him.
5. Being so similar to the original is a good thing in my opinion. You don't need much new tooling to make him.

I feel (in my opinion) his overall impact with the story is huge
Horsemen of Apocalypse with hidden intentions even Apocalypse approved of. I had all new respect for Apocalypse, when he found out Sinister went rouge and was like, its survival of the fittest I'm not tripping. damn!!
Having all the siblings on a team was not just different but one of the best books. The EMF working directly under him was awesome. Hasbro likes to give us figures with multiple heads do make different characters like New Mutants and the Stepford Cuckoos so how about the a figure of the Bedlam Brothers :drool:
His hand in creating Nate, killing Forge kidnapping Jean that lead to the Wolverine vs Cyclops fight
He differently top of list not the most wanted but highly welcomed, come on Hasbro..
TacoBelmont
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:27 pm

I got my set the other day and I am really happy with them. The first wave I have had but not displayed super prominently because it felt so incomplete. That changed. I do display the Mafex Magneto with this group as he is so much more dynamic than his Legends counterpart.

I would be ok if we didn't get another wave, but there are still some characters that I would still like to see, such as Storm, Nightcrawler, Nemesis, Havok, Sinister, Gambit, etc.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Got my set delivered this week from Pulse - except for Sabretooth for some reason- and it's definitely impressive. Legion is my favorite, in part because he's not just an alternate timeline version of someone. But since it's a collection that was already well started it is nice to fill it out some more and this is a good chunk of characters to round out that display.

I have some minor nits to pick....
- Rogue's bangs are stupid - they sit so far forward out from her face they look like it must be a hat... I thought maybe they were just glued on wrong, but inspecting out of the package I don't think that's it. As it stands it looks like a cloud floating in front of her forehead... it's a little weird.

- Magneto's helmeted head is smaller than his unhelmeted head. I always think it's odd when they do that with Iron Man and it seems just as odd here. I'll display him helmetless, so it's not a huge deal, but I don't understand why sculptors seem to do that.

I am glad I got the brown eyebrows version of Kitty as I think the black eyebrows look strange.

And my poor headless Colossus. I have a previous Legends AoA Sabretooth - so I can wait for that guy... but Colossus needs his head dammit.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 pm

PantherCult wrote:
- Rogue's bangs are stupid - they sit so far forward out from her face they look like it must be a hat... I thought maybe they were just glued on wrong, but inspecting out of the package I don't think that's it. As it stands it looks like a cloud floating in front of her forehead... it's a little weird.

- Magneto's helmeted head is smaller than his unhelmeted head. I always think it's odd when they do that with Iron Man and it seems just as odd here. I'll display him helmetless, so it's not a huge deal, but I don't understand why sculptors seem to do that.

Aren't you complaining here about the choices of the artists in the 1990s? Both of those look accurate to the art in the ways you described.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:13 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 pm
PantherCult wrote:

Aren't you complaining here about the choices of the artists in the 1990s? Both of those look accurate to the art in the ways you described.

I guess sort of... while also complaining about the choices of the sculptor and/or design team in choosing to go with slavishly page accurate (depending on the page) depictions that could have been toned down or modified slightly to make the 3-D object look better.

I am always one that prefers my 3-D action figure to look good as a 3-D action figure even if that means sacrificing "page accurate" or "screen accurate" details that look stupid in 3-D.

Like I said, the nits I picked were minor and didn't impact my overall enjoyment or impression of the wave of figures. I like it - but I might have liked it even better if they had chosen to make a couple of minor aesthetic tweaks.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:33 am

I think I may have a problem... I bought my tenth Iceman today. Can't seem to stop... Bank account skating on thin ice...
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:04 pm

Question about Sabretooth--is that collar around his neck glued into the hole on his back for you guys? Mine came out, and I didn't notice whether it was glued or not before it detached.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Sabretooth is getting delivered today so I can check if no one else answers. Super content to have both complete waves finally.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am

Mine is not

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”