Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
GreenMan
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:42 pm

I want some of the lesser villains, like the original horsemen : gideon, War, Death, Candra since we are getting sabretooth
Also Id like Wolverine (not logan, but the Darkbeast creation)

Cain the monk and Blob would also be cool

Im probably in the minority here but I love the lesser known and oddball characters.

Got these in the mail today from Gamestops 15% off sale, missing beast as he was an instore only option.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 am

It was meant to be a shocking moment in that you see Colossus willing to kill teammates to save his sister. He had already basically abandoned his teenage team to be at the final battle, so he didn't have his head screwed on all that tight for the latter part of the series. Plus, as with most of the team, you either died in the run up to the final battle (ie: Banshee, Angel etc.) or died in the nuclear blast at the end, so Iceman and Colossus "died" not long before Apocalypse did and then Magneto, his family, and the rest of them aside from the ones who utilized the crystal: Dark Beast, X-Man, Holocaust and SugarMan.

I bought the continuation series just to see what it was about but didn't much like it given how it just tried to drag the story out with other unused mutants and the few survivors like Gambit who were at ground zero and for some reason didn't die. Plus Bachalo's art had become fairly abstract by that point. The X-Force AOA run was alright, but I'd have just explained it as an alternate of the AOA reality they were dealing with that didn't end with nukes etc.
Squigiman
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:14 pm

Piffy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm
Yeah, AoA Iceman had incredible control over his ice form. He was previously shattered by Sentinels before reforming and taking out the remaining members of the Brotherhood. He could also merge with water and water vapor and "teleport" by exiting the vapor/water further down the line.

Bobby surviving Colossus makes total sense.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I guess I can understand that, but to me, in context of all else that happens in Omega, it looks like it is meant as a death. Colossus leads to accidentally killing Kitty, as well as smashing through Bobby, Angel sacrifices himself in an explosion for the cause, Havok kills Jean, Weapon X kills Havok, and on and on, before the whole world blows up, where the bombs were clearly NOT stopped, regardless of what any revival would like us to believe.

-Squigiman
JTMarsh
CROM!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:25 am

I agree, the AOA universe was meant to have a limited lifespan, hence saving other realities. I always took it to mean that Iceman had died there as well. Havok really was the factor (no pun intended) in getting everyone nuked. That panel with Cyclops yelling at him for killing Jean and for having doomed them all right before he's killed too was great. Not having them all perish in the nuclear blast and calling a mulligan on an epic ending seemed to cheapen everything later with the "surprise, you thought we were dead" storyline.

Squigiman
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:30 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:25 am
I agree, the AOA universe was meant to have a limited lifespan, hence saving other realities. I always took it to mean that Iceman had died there as well. Havok really was the factor (no pun intended) in getting everyone nuked. That panel with Cyclops yelling at him for killing Jean and for having doomed them all right before he's killed too was great. Not having them all perish in the nuclear blast and calling a mulligan on an epic ending seemed to cheapen everything later with the "surprise, you thought we were dead" storyline.
1000% YES! Sometimes, you just gotta leave well enough alone.

-Squigiman
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:15 pm

The story in the Sequel wasn’t great but I liked a lot of the new designs and it was cool to see characters that were left out of the 95 series. I could’ve definitely skipped Remender’s AoA and that awful spinoff with the depowered Jean and Sabertooth.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Let's not forget the need for Apocalypse's Infinite Soldiers.

Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:28 am

JTMarsh wrote:

100% Agreement!!!
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:28 am
JTMarsh wrote:

100% Agreement!!!
I would buy a lot of these.

When I was a kid I used toy biz's Warstar and Titanium Man as surrogates.
(That Warstar was and is a beautiful figure. Would love to see Hasbro take him and C'cil on. I wouldn't want him taking a spot from an AoA wave, though as I recall the Shi'ar imperial guard were basically unchanged in AoA.)
Squigiman
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm

JTMarsh wrote:

Yes! The ML is still pretty light on AoA villains, and these would be a great candidate for another Pulse exclusive army builder.

-Squigiman
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 pm

I'm in for infinites, seeing as the A.I.M. and Hydra Minions semi-perpetual (and back in stock), hopefully the can make the Infinites available. I'll forgive a bit of kit bashing considering its JUST AoA.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:22 am

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 pm
I'm in for infinites, seeing as the A.I.M. and Hydra Minions semi-perpetual (and back in stock), hopefully the can make the Infinites available. I'll forgive a bit of kit bashing considering its JUST AoA.

All they have to do is use the Crimson Dynamo BAF
and I'll bite
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:04 am

i mean Id buy them too, but there are a lot more main characters Id want first. EVen if we just get 1 more wave Id be happy!
- Nightcrawler - The star of X-Caliber, and one of the characters to have a life after the series.
- Gambit - As well as his own book, Gambit was just in a lot of the other series in Flashbacks and the like.
- Jubilee - As much a part of Xternals as Gambit was, Jubes was a great character with a cool look in AOA.
- Quicksilver - Such a huge part of the AOA stories, and with a cool look too.
- Havok - The true villain of the series
- Storm - While not a huge character in AOA, she is around a lot, and is an easy repaint.
BAF: Sinister I loved the AOA Sinister. Still a villain, but somehow more controlled and almost likeable in a way.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:09 am

I think Holocaust's exclusion in the two waves we have, and 1st App Storm's boots existing as tooling, both point to the idea that AoA isn't done yet. Do I think we're gonna get an entire third wave? Maybe not, but I do think we aren't done with AoA, by a longshot.

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:12 am

Also, I bought a couple of the huge armored guys from...Fortnight? Maybe?

I think his name is Steinhardt, but I might be wrong. On both his name, and his franchise. But I bought the two I have to flank my AoA Apocalypse as Infinite soldiers. The color is obviously way off, but the figure is imposing and it gives the same effect, even if it's inaccurate.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”