What's next for ML in 2020-2021

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
joedick
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: What's next for ML in 2020-2021

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:26 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Availability counts from the web code are 7,500 for GI Joe Cobra Officer and 13,950 for Sinister. Clearly Sinister will be easy to get after 8 PM, but the Joe figure has already sold almost 3000 so it's going fast.

Sinister is a straight-up repaint of the Caliban version right? I see no new tooling or sculpt; even the hands are the same.

Where will Iron Spider be sold? He's not on Pulse with the others that just popped up.
The Cobra figure isn't pulse exclusive
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:07 am

Hbhf wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:00 am
Vulcan body comparison.

Vulcan is absolutely shredded.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:35 am

Hahaha Boog with the rambling wish list to end the interview. Come on man
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm so vulcan happy were getting a new vulcan body. Pinless bodies is the best vulcan thing to happen since face print tech.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Boog had the best questions for this junket.

This from someone who hasn't followed any of his content. The rambling at the end was definitely a nod his and his followers questions.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Boog had the best questions for this junket.

This from someone who hasn't followed any of his content. The rambling at the end was definitely a nod his and his followers questions.
Its become his staple. I love how the Fwoosh Top 10 is frequently referenced by Hasbro and clearly a great way to communicate what the high demands are for fans. By contrast Boog is like "and now I will say a bunch of character names at you."

Just not the same.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Went ahead and ordered the updated Winter Soldier figure. I never had a chance to buy the original when it first came out since I wasn't collecting ML back then. The update figure looks pretty good even though the articulation will probably be outdated. I really like the weapons he comes with.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Is there a list of the Influencers? I always seem to miss some of the interviews.
Links to the Influencers interviews would be great.
Do any of the Influencers take questions from us non-Influencers?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:00 pm

madflava wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 pm
Went ahead and ordered the updated Winter Soldier figure. I never had a chance to buy the original when it first came out since I wasn't collecting ML back then. The update figure looks pretty good even though the articulation will probably be outdated. I really like the weapons he comes with.
The articulation is still current standard - the original release was recent enough that it had all of the staples. It won't have the double ball neck joint thing... but it has pretty much everything else.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Beamish wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Is there a list of the Influencers? I always seem to miss some of the interviews.
Links to the Influencers interviews would be great.
Do any of the Influencers take questions from us non-Influencers?
The Hasbro team usually tweets links or mentions to the interviewers. Some take questions from their patreon backers or whatever as a perk of giving them money. I think for Boog part of his "value add" is that he'll ramble off a character you want made during one of his granted interviews. The good interviewers have a finger on the pulse of current major topics and will follow up. I think most focused a lot on "When will I get my Sentinel" or "When will you magic the knee problem".

Watching some of the "influencer" interviews are a bit cringe. These guys are fine at talking to themselves about toys, interviewing not so much. Incredible how many devolve into listing off figures they want to see and never get to a question. I don't think that's exactly what they influence.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:17 pm

JayC has a fresh round of alleged leaks.

* After Iron Man, Cap, Toad and Hulk, there will be at least 8 other TB homage releases. However these will not be straight recreations of ToyBiz's subsequent waves, and will instead be cherrypicked from throughout TB's entire Marvel Legends history.

* Knull will be released in a two-pack with a character that Jay implies is very obvious. I am guessing it's going to be Venom with wings (on the Omega Red body).

* Sleepwalker will be in the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness wave along with D'Spayre.

* Iron Spider is just one of at least 13 different Spider-Man-related figures that will be released throughout 2022 as a celebration of Spider-Man's anniversary.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm

I hope that if Knull comes packed with anybody, it'd be Dark Carnage. Mostly so I don't have to pay two-pack prices for a comic Venom I want and a Knull I don't.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:21 pm

Hbhf wrote:JayC has a fresh round of alleged leaks.

* After Iron Man, Cap, Toad and Hulk, there will be at least 8 other TB homage releases. However these will not be straight recreations of ToyBiz's subsequent waves, and will instead be cherrypicked from throughout TB's entire Marvel Legends history.

* Knull will be released in a two-pack with a character that Jay implies is very obvious. I am guessing it's going to be Venom with wings (on the Omega Red body).

* Sleepwalker will be in the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness wave along with D'Spayre.

* Iron Spider is just one of at least 13 different Spider-Man-related figures that will be released throughout 2022 as a celebration of Spider-Man's anniversary.
Feel like that’s a lock for any key updates from TB days. Hopes are HIGH for Power Man Luke Cage and classic Iron Fist, a classic Havok, and Danny Ketch GR.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:37 am

september_death wrote:
Hbhf wrote:JayC has a fresh round of alleged leaks.

Feel like that’s a lock for any key updates from TB days. Hopes are HIGH for Power Man Luke Cage and classic Iron Fist, a classic Havok, and Danny Ketch GR.
+1 to all those.

I still can’t believe the Toy Biz Danny Ketch Ghost Rider came complete with a bike for like $7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:38 am

Hbhf wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:17 pm
Knull will be released in a two-pack with a character that Jay implies is very obvious. I am guessing it's going to be Venom with wings (on the Omega Red body).

Can his wings be done without Venom himself becoming deluxe? I didn't even know they had introduced those until you just mentioned it, but I see they debuted back in 2018. In the first pic below they're HUGE, so I doubt we'd get those, but in the second pic that's a statue of them they're more conservative. Either way the wings seem as if they'd add at least another $10 to the pack, but elaborate ones could add another $20.

Image Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”