What's next for ML in 2020-2021

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: What's next for ML in 2020-2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 am

Good call on "Fear. Doubt. Hate." being a hint to Psycho Man. For a second, I think they were hinting at Fear Itself figure, and I thought, "Why?" Although Grey Gargoyle had a cool redesign for that story.

What were the other 3 virtuous words Ryan said to counter "Fear, Doubt. Hate." Were they another hint? Valor, faith, and respect were the words. Probably just them having fun with the real hint.

Also, when Dwight is dancing around more Iron Man Legends, Dan made a "shhh" gesture which seems to be like a hint there are more Iron Man Legends (obviously he'll get more figure himself) in the works. Vintage card Iron Man figures seem a given in the next few years.

Wondering who the other two Avengers figures are. I know Dwight used the word "new" to describe them as if they're new to the line. But he could have just been saying their figures figures. It'll be interesting to see who they pick. Tons of possibilities. For instance, would they consider Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel new to the line?

Also, the items on Ryan's shelves can sometimes be hints to future stuff, right? The Avengers lined up seemed to be a hint to another Avenger being revealed, and Tigra was shown off. The Warlock wave Colossus was on a shelf today. Any characters around that figure which would make sense as coming out? Seems like an odd random choice to dig up on put on display.
Mr Fiend
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:32 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Wondering who the other two Avengers figures are. I know Dwight used the word "new" to describe them as if they're new to the line. But he could have just been saying their figures figures. It'll be interesting to see who they pick. Tons of possibilities. For instance, would they consider Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel new to the line?
I don’t think he meant that they were Avengers figures, just new characters. We’ve already seen the back of Megan. She’s never had a figure before.
WickedFrontier
Super Poseable

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 am

Well, I ended up kind of disappointed with yesterday's stream, since I was expecting them to reveal the F4 wave... and that's totally my fault! They didn't have to show anything at all.

I think they showed pretty cool figures, just not my cup of tea. However, that Tygra is a must-buy for me! And mayyybe I'll end up getting Captain Carter and Zombie Cap, since they can be fudgeable in a comic book display!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:32 pm

This has been an uncharacteristically light year for me. I've only purchased three Legends and I'm only interested in three others that have been revealed so far. I can't complain when that list includes classic Dormammu, Thanos, Red Skull, and Ultron, though.

These things are cyclical. Some years I buy 40 Legends, some years I buy eight. I'm sure the Astonishing X-Men are coming next year. :wink:

It always brings me a little joy to see folks on here get excited about the reveals, even if they aren't my cup of tea.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Did I hear Dwight correctly that over the next few years they plan to implement photo real face printing on comic figures?

Not sure how I feel about that. While I think it looks great on MCU figures, being based on real people, I don't necessarily think the comic figures need it.

Plus, they won't match my collection :P
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 pm

Andru wrote:
Did I hear Dwight correctly that over the next few years they plan to implement photo real face printing on comic figures?

Not sure how I feel about that. While I think it looks great on MCU figures, being based on real people, I don't necessarily think the comic figures need it.

It sounds like you're expecting the comic figures to look like real life humans, but I took it to mean they would be printing from drawn artwork onto the figures' faces. So instead of your Cyclops face being painted by a Hasbro artist they could print art from Jim Lee directly on the face.
TinkerersAssistant02
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:13 pm

Andru wrote:

I didn't watch it myself, just looked at all the pictures, so this is the first I'm seeing anyone bring this up... I hope not. I mean, I suppose we'd need to see a couple with it done to really see how it would turn out, but I'm thinking you may be right in that they won't match well with everything up to this point. I'm really not crazy about it, if they won't look right together. The comic figures really don't even need it. The MCU figures, sure. The comic, nah. Cynically, it seems like an excuse to redo/rerelease a lot of the major characters we already have with this one "upgrade" as a selling point. And if true, then I really hope we at least get a classic Banshee sooner than later!
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Ash Talon wrote:

Also, when Dwight is dancing around more Iron Man Legends, Dan made a "shhh" gesture which seems to be like a hint there are more Iron Man Legends (obviously he'll get more figure himself) in the works. Vintage card Iron Man figures seem a given in the next few years.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my/our part, but I did come away feeling like something was in the works, as well.
Monkey Joe
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:41 pm

Is there a list of everything that was revealed?
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:45 pm

Monkey Joe wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:41 pm
Is there a list of everything that was revealed?
Go to the fwoosh front page
Monkey Joe
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:48 pm

So, haven't been following the what if previews at all. Can someone inform me is the hydra stomper used by hydra or the good guys?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Skinny Steve drives it.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my/our part, but I did come away feeling like something was in the works, as well.
I definitely got that feeling, as well. That would be great. The Iron Man wave is definitely my pick for wave of the year so far. Hopefully the next one gives us some of those much-needed IM villains and armors that have been a long time coming. Plus noted IM Supporting Character Cameron Hodge. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:59 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 pm
Andru wrote:

It sounds like you're expecting the comic figures to look like real life humans, but I took it to mean they would be printing from drawn artwork onto the figures' faces. So instead of your Cyclops face being painted by a Hasbro artist they could print art from Jim Lee directly on the face.
I would equate it to The Joe's Classified Series...Concepts rather than face scans of actors (or however they do their magic).

And while those look AMAZING on Joes, Star Wars, etc...they would not look cohesive with the current comic offerings.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”