What's next for ML in 2020-2021

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: What's next for ML in 2020-2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:01 pm

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Capman wrote:I think the Hasbro Marvel team has realized that Red Hulk and 80th Cap were not the best choices for store exclusives in late 2019/early 2020 (as well as other previous store exclusives) and have adjusted their selections with different retailers over the past year and a half. This version of Miles, Venom Cap, composite Hulk, and Mobius are all great choices. Walgreens is still TBD, but Obsidian Surfer was another great choice.
Maybe, but they've kinda always given us stuff like this with gamestop, so im not sure they've really learned anything. Gamestop always kinda gets these exclusive redecos. So it makes sense

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Capman wrote:Miles!

Release date of 10/1/2021:

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 47858.html
Im really torn, I have zero need or use for this, but will admit this jolly rancher does look kinda cool

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm

It does look really cool. And I'm curious to see the details of the new body! Wish it had a diaphragm joint instead of the ab crunch.

Also - it's VERY MUCH TIME Hasbro re-releases the PS4 Spidey suit. That suit is such a nice redesign but I didn't like the body or the painted details to pay full price - and then it disappeared! Would love for that to reappear with more sculpted parts.
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Wow! Hasbro is absolutely killing it with MCU and gamerverse figures the last few months!

I collect neither. I solely collect comics-based figures, but I’m both happy for the MCU/Gamer collectors, and it’s giving me a chance to get into other toy lines without breaking the bank.

I haven’t bought a hasbro figure in a few months. Mostly into Storm Collectibles and Mythic Legions which get expensive! Hopefully Hasbro can keep focusing on MCU and gamer figures until the Galactus HasLab is launched so I can avoid overdrafting my bank account!
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:26 pm

Capman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:40 pm
I think the Hasbro Marvel team has realized that Red Hulk and 80th Cap were not the best choices for store exclusives in late 2019/early 2020 (as well as other previous store exclusives) and have adjusted their selections with different retailers over the past year and a half. This version of Miles, Venom Cap, composite Hulk, and Mobius are all great choices. Walgreens is still TBD, but Obsidian Surfer was another great choice.
Very good change indeed.

I have no desire for Christmas hulk, or any MCU/gamer figures, and already have the original silver surfer, so fortunately I didn’t have to toyhunt for any of the other exclusives. As it should be.

I did wind up getting a Venom Cap but only because it was available on Walmart dot com for free shipping at retail price, without a headache. No bots. Why? Because it’s kind of a silly, pointless figure. It’s fun as heck and I’m glad to have gotten it, but no chance I’d pay a penny more than retail or go even one minute out of my way looking for it, because it’s such an unimportant figure.

As exclusives should be!
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:47 pm

Shreddar wrote:Wow! Hasbro is absolutely killing it with MCU and gamerverse figures the last few months!

I collect neither. I solely collect comics-based figures, but I’m both happy for the MCU/Gamer collectors, and it’s giving me a chance to get into other toy lines without breaking the bank.

I haven’t bought a hasbro figure in a few months. Mostly into Storm Collectibles and Mythic Legions which get expensive! Hopefully Hasbro can keep focusing on MCU and gamer figures until the Galactus HasLab is launched so I can avoid overdrafting my bank account!
Man, I'm loving this positive outlook.

No "This wave/figure/pack isn't for me, why does it exist/it sucks" attitude. Just enjoyment, the way it should be.

We're all plastic addicts here, our chosen flavors shouldn't divide us. Even as an MCU/Gamerverse/Custom collector, most of the comic figures Hasbro does put out are genuinely stunning and seeing peoples excitement for them 1, gets me excited and 2 makes me want em myself like that slick new Modular Iron Man.

Anyway, forgive the minor derailment via happy rant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:36 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm
gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Would've made more sense to have it available when the game launched eight months ago, though.

Still pretty relevant given that a small percentage of the people who want a PS5 to play the game the figure comes from have been able to get one due to the global chip shortage caused by Covid. The system still sells out in well under a half-hour whenever any retail outlet gets it in stock. I still want one but am unwilling to sit around refreshing store stock checkers to get it.

Even by the time the figure comes out in October it should be FAR easier to get than a system to play the game on.

The Miles game is also available on PS4, so I would imagine most of the folks who wanted to play the game have played it.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:07 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm
gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Would've made more sense to have it available when the game launched eight months ago, though.

Still pretty relevant given that a small percentage of the people who want a PS5 to play the game the figure comes from have been able to get one due to the global chip shortage caused by Covid. The system still sells out in well under a half-hour whenever any retail outlet gets it in stock. I still want one but am unwilling to sit around refreshing store stock checkers to get it.

Even by the time the figure comes out in October it should be FAR easier to get than a system to play the game on.

The Miles game is also available on PS4, so I would imagine most of the folks who wanted to play the game have played it.
Really the only upside to buying the ps5 version of Miles Morales is that you can link your save file from the original Spider-Man game for the ps4 and replay it on the ps5 with the updated graphics. Other than that the PS4 version of Miles and the PS5 version are pretty close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:34 pm

At least they let us recover in June...
aiborgatel
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:11 pm

July better be CrAZY for real: ML is actually my main collector line ( I started 10 years ago focusing on japanese/import figures about Anime & manga) and I still spent my money and energy in it but I feel Hasbro is giving us a lot of figures ( more than anyone else in the market) but improvements and design choices ( even part reuse policy) are still questionables most of the time.
I can't accept how figures like Hood and every "pizza spidey buck" get released in the latest/upcoming waves
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Well if having to buy Galactus for $500 is crazy then yeah July will be crazy.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 pm

Yeah. Galactus alone will make for an expensive July.

What else are people expecting to go up for sale/preorder? The What If wave? 2nd Spider-Man wave? Vintage card FF? Some Fan Channel one-offs, like Hercules and Tigra?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:23 pm

Hbhf wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:28 pm
Things we know are coming by years end but not officially announced or confirmed
- Fantastic Four Retro Series
- Eternals
- Disney + Wave 2
- Disney + Deluxe Figure
- Mystery way of releasing Cannon Ball + Domino
- Excalibur SDCC Set
- Haslab Galactus
- Spider-Man No Way Home wave
- "Octopus" i'm still thinking this may be Octavia from Into the Spider-verse
- January 2022 Retro Spidey wave
- Possibly more Fan Channel Retro Spidey figures

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”