KO Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9363
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: KO Discussion

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:33 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 pm
So with Ebay cracking down Knock-offs where do you guys currently find stuff?

Specifically, I use to be able to get Tamashii Nations effects super cheap from china one ebay, the flames for instance would be like $14 and come in any color i wanted. I could also get thunder fairly cheap. and i believe the explosions.

but thanks to ebay's crack down.. i can't find anything under $40

is there another outlet?

Hadn't heard about any ebay crackdown, but I just did a search and found plenty of cheap bootleg options still there. You're not seeing them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-H-Figuarts-T ... 4103607063
oh thank you! Yeah apparently they've been cracking down.

I even searched "Tamashii nations effect" and none of that was popping up. thanks!
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:43 pm

my search was on either "tamashii effect" or something more specific like "tamashii flame effect" or "tamashii wind effect" and I found plenty.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9363
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: KO Discussion

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:46 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:43 pm
my search was on either "tamashii effect" or something more specific like "tamashii flame effect" or "tamashii wind effect" and I found plenty.
i think me throwing "nations" in there messed it up
dillonpressley
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:34 pm

Aliexpress is always my go to

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

User avatar
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Southeast MI
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 am

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 am

Thanks for posting this! I think I might go for it. I take it shipping took a while?
GUTS_2010 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm
dchimpy wrote:I saw someone in China have several Gray Hulks on ebay. Does anyone have any insight as to if these are KO's or legit? Or what the quality is like?
I did end up grabbing a Grey Hulk off of EBAY. The quality is very good overall. The plastic feels more rigid than the original release. Unfortunately mine came with 3 left hands instead of 2 & 2. He also had a minor scratch on his chest. I contacted the seller and he offered me either a 4 dollar refund or to purchase something else and he'd throw in the other right hand.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
User avatar
Joel
FIB
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Central IL
Posts: 7083
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:11 am

GUTS_2010 wrote:
dchimpy wrote:I saw someone in China have several Gray Hulks on ebay. Does anyone have any insight as to if these are KO's or legit? Or what the quality is like?
I did end up grabbing a Grey Hulk off of EBAY. The quality is very good overall. The plastic feels more rigid than the original release. Unfortunately mine came with 3 left hands instead of 2 & 2. He also had a minor scratch on his chest. I contacted the seller and he offered me either a 4 dollar refund or to purchase something else and he'd throw in the other right hand.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Nice. Would you mind sharing the seller’s ID? I’ve been burned a few times by less reputable sellers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 pm

dchimpy wrote:Thanks for posting this! I think I might go for it. I take it shipping took a while?
GUTS_2010 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm
dchimpy wrote:I saw someone in China have several Gray Hulks on ebay. Does anyone have any insight as to if these are KO's or legit? Or what the quality is like?
I did end up grabbing a Grey Hulk off of EBAY. The quality is very good overall. The plastic feels more rigid than the original release. Unfortunately mine came with 3 left hands instead of 2 & 2. He also had a minor scratch on his chest. I contacted the seller and he offered me either a 4 dollar refund or to purchase something else and he'd throw in the other right hand.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Not too long actually. I'm thinking 2 weeks or so. It was actually much faster than I expected.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk


User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:26 pm

Joel wrote:
GUTS_2010 wrote:
dchimpy wrote:I saw someone in China have several Gray Hulks on ebay. Does anyone have any insight as to if these are KO's or legit? Or what the quality is like?
I did end up grabbing a Grey Hulk off of EBAY. The quality is very good overall. The plastic feels more rigid than the original release. Unfortunately mine came with 3 left hands instead of 2 & 2. He also had a minor scratch on his chest. I contacted the seller and he offered me either a 4 dollar refund or to purchase something else and he'd throw in the other right hand.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Nice. Would you mind sharing the seller’s ID? I’ve been burned a few times by less reputable sellers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problemo. Here it is.

https://ebay.com/usr/yaksanagezhou

I actually just purchased this weird 80th Grey/Outback hybrid today. They are supposedly going to put in my missing hand for the 80th version with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends ... 890.l49286

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
Joel
FIB
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Central IL
Posts: 7083
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Joel wrote:
GUTS_2010 wrote:I did end up grabbing a Grey Hulk off of EBAY. The quality is very good overall. The plastic feels more rigid than the original release. Unfortunately mine came with 3 left hands instead of 2 & 2. He also had a minor scratch on his chest. I contacted the seller and he offered me either a 4 dollar refund or to purchase something else and he'd throw in the other right hand.
Nice. Would you mind sharing the seller’s ID? I’ve been burned a few times by less reputable sellers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problemo. Here it is.

https://ebay.com/usr/yaksanagezhou

I actually just purchased this weird 80th Grey/Outback hybrid today. They are supposedly going to put in my missing hand for the 80th version with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends ... 890.l49286

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Thanks much! Saved this seller and already see a few things I'll be picking up.
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: KO Discussion

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 pm

Joel wrote:
GUTS_2010 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Joel wrote: Nice. Would you mind sharing the seller’s ID? I’ve been burned a few times by less reputable sellers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problemo. Here it is.

https://ebay.com/usr/yaksanagezhou

I actually just purchased this weird 80th Grey/Outback hybrid today. They are supposedly going to put in my missing hand for the 80th version with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends ... 890.l49286

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Thanks much! Saved this seller and already see a few things I'll be picking up.
You're welcome! They definitely have some good items. I'll do an update when I get this next order in.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: KO Discussion

Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Received K.O. Outback Hulk today. Pretty awesome figure. Definitely a great alternative if you want one in scale with the other 80 Anniversary sized Hulks. Came with x2 fists, x2 open hands and shirt.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

MLNUT
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm

I received my KO Dragon Man a few days ago. It only took 2 weeks to get to me. I'm very happy with him for $70. No damage, tight joints ( had to heat 2). The only thing I can see different than the original is the grey might be a tad darker. Wish I could post pics.
User avatar
mister garbage
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Re: KO Discussion

Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 pm

I got my KO Dragon Man a few days ago as well, from AliExpress. LOVE this thing.
Took 35+ days to arrive, and the tracking from China is ...well, bad. But he arrived.
His R wing ball needed a little sanding to better seat in the socket, and I heated the wings to give them a better curl (like the original), but under $80 beats over $400 any day.


Edit - I can't figure out images on here anymore. I'm old and hosting stuff has changed. You can look me up on Instagram - @mistergarbage https://www.instagram.com/mistergarbage/

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”